The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Florida SN, FS-F, RDS

kinot-2

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Not sticking around to watch this sinking ship. 

This kinot be happening. As a lot of media was getting hyped up over this year, I bit my tongue. I have watched enough hockey over 40 years to see a contending team in action. There is a lot this team requires and I hope MB doesn't trade away any prospects in a futile attempt this year. 

Just now, H_T_L said:

Just finished planning a trip to Montreal for the March 12th game. Hotel booked and two tickets behind the net just off the ice. May have to reconsider.

I am going to Detroit in a couple of weeks. I think I need to get my drink on big time before the game.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
36 minutes ago, habby67 said:

I am going to Detroit in a couple of weeks. I think I need to get my drink on big time before the game.

I'm going to the Wings game on the 26th of Feb. :)  Habs have always tied (back in the day), or won when I'm there.  :)

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I'm going to the Wings game on the 26th of Feb. :)  Habs have always tied (back in the day), or won when I'm there.  :)

We may outnumber the Wings fans. The last game I went to a Habs game there it was crazy and we were high fiving each other all over the rink.s

I am expecting a huge bounce back after this road trip, they played well in every game except this one - Niemi was horrible and the team lacks confidence when he's back there in the net.  It was obvious, as soon as Price went in there was a calmness that fell over them and they got to work and tied.  

Drouin needs to be better. 

Weber needs to be better. 

Tatar was great. 

Domi played well too, made up for his penalty to start the game. 

Petry had a solid game but could shore up a few things, tough playing with Benn

Mete misread that play and allowed Barkov way too much time and space 

Price was solid

Danault steady eddy 

Kotkaniemi continues to show why he belongs in the NHL

Armia, I do not get why he's on the PP but I do love his game 

Lehkonen...an amazing defensive player but whatever happened to the offensive upside this kid was supposed to have? 

Reilly, no issue with him, perfect 3rd pairing D man 

Kulak, great depth guy. solid game for him. 

Marc Bergevin needs to keep doing what he's been doing, slowly becoming one the leagues best GMs.  

I hope he adds a little spice to this lineup, must have a push for the playoffs, worst case scenario here is falling just shy of them....if they were out of the playoffs all year and struggling then I would be selling for sure and keep stocking up on picks but this team has played very well for the entire season and deserves some help, time for MM to use that cap space, I am even OK with trading away our 2019 1st if it means bringing in a talented 1st line winger that can score (not a rental, must have term or guarantee to sign) 

Obviously I would take a #1 LHD to play alongside Weber but then what happens to Mete? MB will have to get creative in order to get this team a legit 1st pairing D to help now. 

I too will be in Detroit on Feb 26th. A little nervous as it looks like Niemi will be in net due to this being a back to back following NJ on Feb 25th. Niemi is fighting the puck badly in the last three starts. Also this team has no killer instinct. They have the highest turnover rate in the NHL and when they get the lead or work so hard to tie the game they go into sleep mode? Not too sure about the Weise & Thompson acquisition as that line is not providing any net presence? They are not tough on the boards and have yet to produce any real threat in the offense?

This team needs more offense for sure and Drouin needs to realize that there are four other team mates on the ice when he is out there! This is a very talented young man that is stuck in first gear! He has the potential to be great but cannot get out of that gear and move on to the level he has the potential for? MB needs to add a tougher core of defense and we need that prolific scorer to work with the 20 - 30 goal scorers. Guys like Leky, Danault, Deslaurier, are playing great on defense but they need to provide more offense! 

22 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Drouin deserves to be benched. More bad turnovers today and then a stupid retribution penalty there. He needs to be taught a lesson. That's the problem with the core of this team... good skill, but guys like Domi, Drouin, and Gallagher can't control their tempers sometimes and play like they're very immature. The coaches need to reign this in or it will be a long-term problem.

I for one am glad Domi and Gallagher play the way they do. .... Its been far to long since we had players that have not stood up for themselves. So what take a few bad penalties to make a point that you will not be pushed around. 

Droiun I could care less bench him if you want, trade him if you want, I though this was a bad trade when it happened, he is exactly like Galchenyk, boat load of skill and when he is going he looks great, to many off nights and is brutal defensively. So when he isnt scoring he hurts the team..

Oh and not sure if you mentioned this but the gap just widened again  more goals for DOMI  19 to Galchenyks 13 

• H_T_L locked this topic