The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

10:30 PM ET Montreal @ San Jose NBCSCA, TSN2, RDS

kinot-2

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

I still don't understand on how when you play a back to back you play the weaker goalie against the stronger competition? So if or when we start the playoffs does Neimi start every game because it's not an easier win for Price? If we had a sure playoff spot I'd say different ( I still would start Neimi against the easier opponent because that actually makes sense! 

Methinks that CJ saw this game a a losing proposition, so why play CP when the Ducks game is more winnable if you start CP. JMHO. 

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Methinks that CJ saw this game a a losing proposition, so why play CP when the Ducks game is more winnable if you start CP. JMHO.

Sad way to look at things IMHO. Teams should always play their best players period, when they're in a play-off race... You have to try to win every game

7 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

I still don't understand on how when you play a back to back you play the weaker goalie against the stronger competition? So if or when we start the playoffs does Neimi start every game because it's not an easier win for Price? If we had a sure playoff spot I'd say different ( I still would start Neimi against the easier opponent because that actually makes sense! 

Carey Price has never won a game in San Jose. Maybe that's why they chose to play Niemi? Not saying I agree with the decision, but Price can't play all the games.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

We'll get 'em next year, habs_93! Next year! :lol:

I'm starting to think it's going to be something we tell our grandchildren about.

"Sit down here, sonny boy, and I'll tell you the story about the time the Montreal Canadiens beat the San Jose Sharks in San Jose!"

"That's just an old myth, Grandpa. Everyone knows the Habs have never won in San Jose."

29 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

I'm starting to think it's going to be something we tell our grandchildren about.

"Sit down here, sonny boy, and I'll tell you the story about the time the Montreal Canadiens beat the San Jose Sharks in San Jose!"

"That's just an old myth, Grandpa. Everyone knows the Habs have never won in San Jose."

LOL its already starting to happen just looking at my own family the last time the Habs won in San Jose my oldest son was 3. 

36 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

Yes, we had these superstars named Rivet and Hoglund and Zholtok.  It was right before the great fear of the new millennium... :P 

10 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

3 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Sad way to look at things IMHO. Teams should always play their best players period, when they're in a play-off race... You have to try to win every game

In fairness, Neimi played 5 seasons with the Sharks. Its not uncommon to give a netminder a game against his old team.  Unfortunately Niemi is a hot mess right now so I dont think any start would be a good choice.