The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poehling and Primeau sign 3-year pact with Habs

BigTed3

11 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Does Drouin get you a #1 LD though? Probably not. Maybe he gets you a LD prospect?

11 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah, the "+" behind Drouin would probably have to be a pretty big one.

Not sure. Drouin himself cost us Sergachev and a conditional 2nd rounder. Sergachev was not an NHLer but he was highly regarded around the league as a possible top pairing guy in the near future. Drouin is arguably a better player now than he was 2 years ago because he's proven he can produce at the NHL level over more than jut one season now, and he's still young.

- If we look at other recent trades for D men, Brandon Montour cost a 1st rounder and a prospect.

- Muzzin cost two prospects and a 1st but was an overpayment being a deadline deal.

- Vatanen cost Henrique and a C level prospect when all was said and done.

I think Drouin is still a viable top-level trade chip, as a young scoring forward. There may be a few teams who don't want him because if his attitude, but I feel comfortable that alone, he can still garner a player who can play on the top D pairing. A player like Werenski or Ryan Murray from Columbus could fit the bill. A guy like Goestisbehere or Provorov or Sanheim from Philly could too. Dougie Hamilton is rumored to be on the block from Carolina. I don't think you'd have to throw in much to add to Drouin to acquire some of those guys and if you're talking about a Murray or Sanheim, I think you could argue you could be asking for something else from the other team even. The question is more finding a fit with a team with D men to spare who need offence.

2 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I wanna see something fun and interesting on Saturday if we're already eliminated. Kotkaniemi centering Tater and Gallagher. Poehling playing. Heck, maybe even give Hudon a game.

WTH eh? Might as well audition Charlie for the backup role next year too.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

So... if Columbus wins tonight do we see Poehling in a game on Saturday? WHY NOT, I say!

:6280:

Was going to post the same question. Play all the young guys who are available.

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I wanna see something fun and interesting on Saturday if we're already eliminated. Kotkaniemi centering Tater and Gallagher. Poehling playing. Heck, maybe even give Hudon a game.

I don't think KK will get on the top line this year. CJ and MB said they would evaluate him after games 20, 40 and 60 and promote/demote him as they saw fit. After 20 games he was considered by most to be learning at an exceptional pace after 40 MB and CJ decided he was worth burning his first year off his contract after 60 games he was still in contention for rookie of the year by most analysts. If he was going to be promoted to 2nd or 1st line it SHOULD have happened between games 20 and 60 when the play wasn't as intense and on the off chance he blew it it wouldn't have cost us too much ground in the standings. I would have had him on 2nd line between games 20-40 and first line 40-60 then moved him back if required between games 60-82. I don't get why this didn't happen but life goes on. I think we will see the same lineup as last night on Saturday whether or not Columbus wins tonight.

43 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't think KK will get on the top line this year. CJ and MB said they would evaluate him after games 20, 40 and 60 and promote/demote him as they saw fit. After 20 games he was considered by most to be learning at an exceptional pace after 40 MB and CJ decided he was worth burning his first year off his contract after 60 games he was still in contention for rookie of the year by most analysts. If he was going to be promoted to 2nd or 1st line it SHOULD have happened between games 20 and 60 when the play wasn't as intense and on the off chance he blew it it wouldn't have cost us too much ground in the standings. I would have had him on 2nd line between games 20-40 and first line 40-60 then moved him back if required between games 60-82. I don't get why this didn't happen but life goes on. I think we will see the same lineup as last night on Saturday whether or not Columbus wins tonight.

Yes, I suspect the same. 

But what would you like to see?

26 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I would like to see

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Lehkonen-Peohling-Hudon

Byron-Danaul-Weal

Cause that would make for a really interesting fast game

why drouin on the second line he has proven to be useless  imo

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I would like to see

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Lehkonen-Peohling-Hudon

Byron-Danaul-Weal

Cause that would make for a really interesting fast game

:6280:

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

I like Drouin and Domi they played well together. I feel like Drouin just needs a certain type of player to play with if not he is lost.

I agree I liked Droiun and Domi. Droiun  was almost a point per game player through the first 55 games.....He struggled got demoted and never got to play with Domi again.

My Line would be Droiun Domi and Leks. I prefer leks over shaw becuase leks is a much much better skater and a much better defensive player. I like how Shaw played this season. But should not be in our top 6. Only when there are injuries. 

6 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

I agree I liked Droiun and Domi. Droiun  was almost a point per game player through the first 55 games.....He struggled got demoted and never got to play with Domi again.

My Line would be Droiun Domi and Leks. I prefer leks over shaw becuase leks is a much much better skater and a much better defensive player. I like how Shaw played this season. But should not be in our top 6. Only when there are injuries. 

I like the idea of Shaw on that line cause he goes to the dirty areas and digs the puck out for the other 2 but agree he is more suited to the 3rd line

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I like Drouin and Domi they played well together. I feel like Drouin just needs a certain type of player to play with if not he is lost.

He's just like Patches. Get everyone else to do the dirty/hard work. 

• H_T_L locked this topic