HabsRuleForever

Tue, Apr 2 7:30 PM ET Tampa Bay @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, SUN

304 posts in this topic

TAMPA BAY

@

MONTREAL

Tuesday's Game

So, are we going to do this or what?

This should be interesting.....we need it it means nothing to them but still i bet they want to crush us! who would have thought we would still be in the hunt this late in the year after last year!

Posted (edited)

Vaseline starts tonight for TB, so Pasquale get us tomorrow. :)

Byron was skating with KK and some other guy on the 3rd line.

Edited by kinot-2

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

This should be interesting.....we need it it means nothing to them but still i bet they want to crush us! who would have thought we would still be in the hunt this late in the year after last year!

Well they (TB) probably realize that if they beat us, they wont face us in the playoffs.  I highly doubt they are scared of any team they will meet in the first round so they probably could care less who it is but if for some reason they didnt want to meet us then a win would pretty near seal the deal. 

1. I've heard conflicting reports on TB's goalies. It sounds like Vasilevskiy was first off the ice at practice today, which usually signifies who the starting goalie is. But the TB newspaper's website also posted that Pasquale would get the start tonight and Vas tomorrow, so someone's mixed up. It sounds more like we will get Pasquale, which is good I guess. Domingue out with a lower body injury day to day, so Pasquale's the 3rd-stringer.

2. Cooper said Hedman out day-to-day with an upper-body injury. He refused to call it a concussion but when Hedman took a shot to the head earlier in the year and was out with an upper-body injury, Cooper stated it wasn't a concussion, whereas he refused to answer this time... likely confirms it is a concussion in that case. Hedman did not travel to Ottawa and Cooper stated it was unlikely he would play in the 4 remaining regular season games Tampa has, so looks like we might get lucky and avoid him too. They are hoping he returns for game 1 of the post-season.

3. Stralman is nearing a return, won't play tonight, but may be back in against us tomorrow. Girardi is still out as well, but they think he will play in one of the last two games at least. Likely out against us.

As I said, Tampa's the best team in the league but if you're ever going to be beat them, the injuries, the fact they're B2B maybe with their 3rd string goalie in net, and the relative importance of the game to the two teams makes this as good a shot as we'll have to get the job done. Have to take advantage.

Posted (edited)

Victor Hedman listed as day to day with upper body injury. Louis Domingue day to day with lower body injury, why Pasquale has been called up.

Lines from #tblightning morning skate:

Palat-Stamkos-Joseph
Gourde-Point-Kucherov
Johnson-Cirelli-Killorn
Miller-Paquette-Erne

McDonagh-Cernak
Coburn-Sergachev
Gaunce-Rutta

Martel-Stralman

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

This is our chance. Gotta beat them tonight. It won't be easy... TB has such good offensive forwards. But with Hedman out, and us possibly getting the third string goaltender... :unsure:

Edited by jennifer_rocket

I'm wondering which team Tampa would prefer to face in the first round... Columbus is certainly the strongest possible opponent (on paper), between us and Carolina it's relatively even I'd say.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

This is our chance. Gotta beat them tonight. It won't be easy... TB has such good offensive forwards. But with Hedman out, and us possibly getting the third string goaltender... :unsure:

Agree.  If by some miracle we beat them tonight and Carolina loses, then suddenly our chances get much better.  All starts tonight. 

48 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

I'm wondering which team Tampa would prefer to face in the first round... Columbus is certainly the strongest possible opponent (on paper), between us and Carolina it's relatively even I'd say.

I also wonder. I would think Columbus would scare any team in the first round.  Sure they havent been great but the new additions, if they start clicking, could make this a very very scary team.  Already (the last 2 weeks) they look worlds better than they did before. 

However, I dont think they care enough that it will have much effect on the game. For example, I dont think they will let up just because they want to play us in the first round.   I think they will play their game but its possible we have more energy and are willing to make the tougher plays since more is on the line for us. 

Also.

If there was ever a game for Jonathan Drouin to really make a statement in... It's this game. 

57 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Also.

If there was ever a game for Jonathan Drouin to really make a statement in... It's this game. 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

So we get their 3rd stringer, Pasquale. He played 1 game in Det. and won in a SO, 6-5, with a .792 SV%. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Also.

Gosh I hope so. 

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

So we get their 3rd stringer, Pasquale. He played 1 game in Det. and won in a SO, 6-5, with a .792 SV%. 

28 years old. 2nd NHL game ever... we sure better be throwing everything we can at him. 

22 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol: I know, I know. It COULD happen!

17 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

So... shutout tonight then?

11 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

So... shutout tonight then?

:wut2:

I wonder if HTL will be cheering for the Laffs to win tonight? :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

:wut2:

Come on Kinot. You KNOW it's bound to happen. Formerly in our system (with the IceCaps), second NHL game, 28 year old rookie... Definitely a shutout.

EDIT: French SOUNDING name, too.

Edited by jennifer_rocket

The good news... I feel good about our chances of winning tonight.

The bad news... I think Carolina also has pretty good odds and are likely getting the Leafs with a back-up goalie on B2B nights as well.

Since we're behind them, it doesn't help to stay even the rest of the way. We need them to drop at least one and probably two games. Ideally tonight is one of them, because they have NJ next.

25 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Come on Kinot. You KNOW it's bound to happen. Formerly in our system (with the IceCaps), second NHL game, 28 year old rookie... Definitely a shutout.

EDIT: French SOUNDING name, too.

:frech1:

Sounds like there's no point in even watching then Rocket man.  Even though you're probably right.

Canadiens projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Artturi Lehkonen -- Max Domi -- Andrew Shaw

Jonathan Drouin -- Jordan Weal -- Joel Armia

Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Nate Thompson -- Paul Byron

Victor Mete -- Shea Weber

Brett Kulak -- Jeff Petry

Jordie Benn -- Christian Folin

Carey Price

Antti Niemi

Scratched: Nicolas Deslauriers, Charles Hudon, Matthew Peca, Ryan Poehling, Dale Weise, Mike Reilly, Charlie Lindgren

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Canadiens projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Artturi Lehkonen -- Max Domi -- Andrew Shaw

Jonathan Drouin -- Jordan Weal -- Joel Armia

Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Nate Thompson -- Paul Byron

Victor Mete -- Shea Weber

Brett Kulak -- Jeff Petry

Jordie Benn -- Christian Folin

Carey Price

Antti Niemi

Scratched: Nicolas Deslauriers, Charles Hudon, Matthew Peca, Ryan Poehling, Dale Weise, Mike Reilly, Charlie Lindgren

So we're just throwing in the towel?

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

So we're just throwing in the towel?

Prolly just needed some rest. :lol:

Edited by kinot-2

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

With our luck we'll make him look like a 6 time Stanley Cup champion.