The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs — Round 1

habs_93

CLB continues to impress, it seems they're finding ways to really get under Tampa's skin. Really happy for the Islanders as well, it'd be fun to see some new faces in the conference and cup finals this year.

These playoffs are, let's say... unexpected so far. It's refreshing.

I was hoping to see Tampa go on a run and make the Finals, but that looks unlikely. Columbus has really done well.

The Islanders seem like one of those Cinderella stories you could get behind. I really didn't expect them to to take a 3-0 series lead on the Penguins. Could they make the Finals? It would be pretty interested to see them meet Toronto at some point.

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

These playoffs are, let's say... unexpected so far. It's refreshing.

I was hoping to see Tampa go on a run and make the Finals, but that looks unlikely. Columbus has really done well.

The Islanders seem like one of those Cinderella stories you could get behind. I really didn't expect them to to take a 3-0 series lead on the Penguins. Could they make the Finals? It would be pretty interested to see them meet Toronto at some point.

Columbus feels like a team built for the playoffs imho.   Not only that, several of their star player are playing for their most important contracts so they've got the double whammy of Stanley Cup and dollar signs. 

Bobrovsky was the big question mark going in because he hasnt often been great in the playoffs but wow he's looking amazing so far. 

It aint over yet of course but its looking like Columbus may well win their first ever playoff series.  If so, easily the biggest playoff implosion of all time.  TB ties the record for most wins in the regular season in NHL history and then lays this egg?  Yikes.  

I still think TB will come back and win one or two but I dont see them winning 4 straight. 

5 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Bobrovsky was the big question mark going in because he hasnt often been great in the playoffs but wow he's looking amazing so far. 

It aint over yet of course but its looking like Columbus may well win their first ever playoff series.  If so, easily the biggest playoff implosion of all time.  TB ties the record for most wins in the regular season in NHL history and then lays this egg?  Yikes.   

Bobrovsky has been very, very good.

I could see TB winning the series. I could also see them getting swept. It's just been a crazy occurrence. I don't think anyone would've guessed this is how the TB/CLB series would've unfolded. The fourth game is always the hardest to win... Or so the media says. Let's see what happens next game.

45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Columbus feels like a team built for the playoffs imho.   Not only that, several of their star player are playing for their most important contracts so they've got the double whammy of Stanley Cup and dollar signs. 

I still think TB will come back and win one or two but I dont see them winning 4 straight. 

Size, speed, skill - Columbus is not your typical just-squeaked-into-the-playoffs team.

Yeah, you wouldn't bet on the Bolts taking the series, but they were pretty awesome for the last 25-30 minutes last night, so ...

Next one should be a barn burner.