Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Rumours

49 posts in this topic

Since I don't see the rumours thread here anymore, I thought I would start this again, because there will be some. 

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet mentioned some extremely interesting information over the last few days as the insider believes Bergevin will try to land Duchene through free agency this summer. 

Friedman said the Canadiens were in the running for Duchene at the deadline and believes Montreal will be in the running for Duchene on July 1st.

Matt Duchene had a great season with 70 points in 73 games and a was a key part of Columbus' great run against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round.

The 28-year-old forward will cash in big time on a long term deal and Bergevin has plenty of salary cap room to play with. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Since I don't see the rumours thread here anymore, I thought I would start this again, because there will be some. 

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet mentioned some extremely interesting information over the last few days as the insider believes Bergevin will try to land Duchene through free agency this summer. 

Friedman said the Canadiens were in the running for Duchene at the deadline and believes Montreal will be in the running for Duchene on July 1st.

Matt Duchene had a great season with 70 points in 73 games and a was a key part of Columbus' great run against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round.

The 28-year-old forward will cash in big time on a long term deal and Bergevin has plenty of salary cap room to play with. 

I'm fine with this if it means moving Domi back to wing.   I'm not ok with this if it means they move Kotkaniemi to wing.

I heard a rumour to #blamekinot?

3 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

I'm fine with this if it means moving Domi back to wing.   I'm not ok with this if it means they move Kotkaniemi to wing.

I'm fine with this if Drouin is moved for a #1 left D-man. The questions are, is there a deal out there to make and is MB capable of making such a deal?

Classic rumor. "Montreal is interested in [name of unrestricted free agent center]." As usual... As usual.

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Why am I not surprised? :wut2:

4 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I'm fine with this if Drouin is moved for a #1 left D-man. The questions are, is there a deal out there to make and is MB capable of making such a deal?

Sure ... but again, I'm not ok with it if it means we're not developing JK to be a center.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, HabsAlways said:

Im not even sure I want to do that.  I mean I like Duchene a lot. I think if there's a chance to get him, you try but do we have space for him?  At 24 Domi just had a terrific 1st season at centre.  Im not sure Im ready to move him back to wing.   JK is the centre of our future, no way I move him.  Duchene cant be brought in to be 4th line centre.  So that leaves me with the option of bringing in Duchene and trade trading Danault (Danault is younger but Duchene is a better player.  Could Danault fetch us the top pairing D we need?) or you go: Duchene - Domi - JK - Danault  but even that seems like a waste (neither JK nor Domi are 3rd line centres)  and what about Poehling? 

20 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Confirmed with several sources. 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Confirmed with several sources. 

Better get it all in now,,,,, you'll be sorry when I'm dead, and then I'll have the last laugh. 

Oh, wait, that didn't come out right :mellow:

Edited by kinot-2

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Better get it all in now,,,,, you'll be sorry when I'm dead, and then I'll have the last laugh. 

Oh, wait, that didn't come out right :mellow:

The boys picking on you again kinot???

I'm going to extend you some special powers. Just push this button 600 times a day for 21 days while yelling the name of the person you want to get rid of, and puff,,,,, they're toast.

See the source image

Use with caution. Not reversible.:lol:

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'm going to extend you some special powers. Just push this button 600 times a day for 21 days while yelling the name of the person you want to get rid of, and puff,,,,, they're toast.

See the source image

Well, aren't you the compassionate one. :rolleyes::wacko::blink:

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Well, aren't you the compassionate one. :rolleyes::wacko::blink:

Remember only 600 times.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Remember only 600 times.

You forgot "per day and for 21 days."  :frech1:

Edited by kinot-2

Just now, kinot-2 said:

You forgot "per day and for 21 days."  :frech1:

Yes but not 601

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Yes but not 601

601 is right out.*

(*  for confirmation consult the Book of Armaments.)

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

See the source image

Can I be first? 

Rumors abound with respect to the CBJ free agents...

- Bobrovsky has apparently put his house up for sale in Columbus

- Panarin is currently "vacationing" at his home in the Miami area... he put up a picture of himself on social media and one of his Russian teammates in the Columbus organization posted "good luck in Florida" on his picture. Sounded a lot like he knew Panarin was going to be headed to the Panthers, cause you don't really tell someone to have good luck on their vacation.

None of this is a huge surprise. The odds are high that Bob and Panarin are going to Florida as a package deal, and I have zero doubt the Panthers broke the CBA rules to collude on this, because this was well-known at the trade deadline too. Dzingel is likely the most likely of the Clb UFA's to stay put, and I think Duchene wants to play for a team with a shot at being a winner and might want to know what else Clb is doing in the off-season before making his decision. I'd personally put the odds at 70-30 that Duchene leaves Columbus, and it sounds like Nashville is the team willing to make the strongest push for him, albeit MB has always loved him too. In this row of dominoes, if Nashville does get Duchene, then it doesn't make much sense for them to deal Subban for Voracek and pile tons of money into two forwards while weakening their defence. It means they might prefer to deal Subban for a cheaper defenceman, and while it would never happen with MB here, I actually wonder if they'd bite on a Subban for Petry basis for a trade. Yeah, Subban's a lot better, but he's coming off injuries and a down year, and his contract is worse than Petry's. Would save Nashville some money to be able to sign Duchene. Not sure it's the right move for us though, given our need for a LHD.

Posted (edited)

On 4/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, kinot-2 said:

If they have a package for Danualt and Droiun maybe but even then..

Domi has become our best centerman since i can remember not sure why people keep wanting to put him back on the wing. He has great vision and great speed he opens up the ice quickly his passing skils are top end. Thats what you want in  a centerman. Plus he is only 24 years old, he will likely get better. Get him a shooter on the wing. Dont I repeat Dont put him on the wing.

I would not be to worried about Poeling starting on the wing. Big body skating above average and it certainly looks like he plays well in traffic, on the wall and in front of the net, he actually may be better suited for the wing..I am more worried that Suzuki gets buried on the wing then Poeling.....

For this reason I want to stay away from Duchene. I could see our three centers in a couple of years being 1 KK only because i see him being the best two player, Suzuki and Domi as 1a  and 1a...  

Edited by caperns61

8 hours ago, caperns61 said:

If they have a package for Danualt and Droiun maybe but even then..

Domi has become our best centerman since i can remember not sure why people keep wanting to put him back on the wing. He has great vision and great speed he opens up the ice quickly his passing skils are top end. Thats what you want in  a centerman. Plus he is only 24 years old, he will likely get better. Get him a shooter on the wing. Dont I repeat Dont put him on the wing.

I would not be to worried about Poeling starting on the wing. Big body skating above average and it certainly looks like he plays well in traffic, on the wall and in front of the net, he actually may be better suited for the wing..I am more worried that Suzuki gets buried on the wing then Poeling.....

For this reason I want to stay away from Duchene. I could see our three centers in a couple of years being 1 KK only because i see him being the best two player, Suzuki and Domi as 1a  and 1a...  

I also really like what Domi did at center, and I think he could continue to be a good top 6 center option for us going forward. Unlike Galchenyuk and Drouin, there aren't questions about Domi being able to grow into the role, he was already a decent fit there.

That said, I think the question is all about fit in the line-up. You absolutely want Kotkaniemi to be a center going forward. He could be a true 1C for a decade if we develop him properly, he's really smart for his age, and I think it would be even more of a mistake to move JK off the middle than Domi. I also don't think you move Danault off center. Even though he lacks the skill of Domi and JK, he is a solid 200-foot player and he takes on tough match-ups in addition to providing some amount of offence. He's the perfect 3C, and you can play him in any role really. It would be a mistake to continue to play him in the top 6 when we have other options there, but it would equally be a mistake to trade him or move him to wing. So IMO, if you acquire another top 9 center, the only guy whom it makes sense to move off the circle is Domi, despite how well he played there.

I'm not looking to move Domi off, but if you acquire a Duchene, you do it. I don't think you have to. I'd be just as happy, maybe happier even, to sign a guy like Skinner and play Skinner-Domi-Gallagher as your top line or Skinner-Domi-Suzuki even. But if you sign Duchene and not a winger like Skinner or Panarin, then it makes more sense to play Domi-Duchene-Gallagher with Domi on the wing than to play Duchene-Domi-Kotkaniemi-Danault down the middle and take minutes away from those guys because 4 talented players are battling for the same 60 minutes of ice time. I'd rather see Domi on the wing and taking minutes away from Deslauriers or Armia or Weal rather than taking minutes away from Kotkaniemi or Danault. We also have to consider that signing a Skinner or Duchene doesn't take any assets away from us. So if you have a chance to add that type of a player on a reasonable contract, it allows you to trade another player like Drouin away for your LHD and if the bystander in the situation is that you end up having to move Domi to wing, I don't think that's the thing that should prevent you from signing Duchene. Like you, I think Domi can flourish at center, but I'm not concerned that he can't play LW either, and ultimately, I'd rather have Domi-Duchene (and a trade of Drouin for a LHD) than Drouin-Domi, (and Mete as my first-pairing LHD) even if it means moving Domi to wing to do this.

14 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I also really like what Domi did at center, and I think he could continue to be a good top 6 center option for us going forward. Unlike Galchenyuk and Drouin, there aren't questions about Domi being able to grow into the role, he was already a decent fit there.

That said, I think the question is all about fit in the line-up. You absolutely want Kotkaniemi to be a center going forward. He could be a true 1C for a decade if we develop him properly, he's really smart for his age, and I think it would be even more of a mistake to move JK off the middle than Domi. I also don't think you move Danault off center. Even though he lacks the skill of Domi and JK, he is a solid 200-foot player and he takes on tough match-ups in addition to providing some amount of offence. He's the perfect 3C, and you can play him in any role really. It would be a mistake to continue to play him in the top 6 when we have other options there, but it would equally be a mistake to trade him or move him to wing. So IMO, if you acquire another top 9 center, the only guy whom it makes sense to move off the circle is Domi, despite how well he played there.

I'm not looking to move Domi off, but if you acquire a Duchene, you do it. I don't think you have to. I'd be just as happy, maybe happier even, to sign a guy like Skinner and play Skinner-Domi-Gallagher as your top line or Skinner-Domi-Suzuki even. But if you sign Duchene and not a winger like Skinner or Panarin, then it makes more sense to play Domi-Duchene-Gallagher with Domi on the wing than to play Duchene-Domi-Kotkaniemi-Danault down the middle and take minutes away from those guys because 4 talented players are battling for the same 60 minutes of ice time. I'd rather see Domi on the wing and taking minutes away from Deslauriers or Armia or Weal rather than taking minutes away from Kotkaniemi or Danault. We also have to consider that signing a Skinner or Duchene doesn't take any assets away from us. So if you have a chance to add that type of a player on a reasonable contract, it allows you to trade another player like Drouin away for your LHD and if the bystander in the situation is that you end up having to move Domi to wing, I don't think that's the thing that should prevent you from signing Duchene. Like you, I think Domi can flourish at center, but I'm not concerned that he can't play LW either, and ultimately, I'd rather have Domi-Duchene (and a trade of Drouin for a LHD) than Drouin-Domi, (and Mete as my first-pairing LHD) even if it means moving Domi to wing to do this.

Interesting read on sportsnet, apparently MB was trying to bring Duchene here at the deadline but thankfully wasn't willing to give up what the Blue Jackets did. Apparently MD grew up a habs and Avs fan so that makes us one of the front runners for him in FA. Would he come to the Habs at a discount I doubt it but maybe he come for like 8mil over 5-7 years still good value IMHO. Then we trade Drouin + ? to get the 1 LHD and maybe try and land Ryan Miller as a backup to Price

On 5/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, campabee82 said:

Interesting read on sportsnet, apparently MB was trying to bring Duchene here at the deadline but thankfully wasn't willing to give up what the Blue Jackets did. Apparently MD grew up a habs and Avs fan so that makes us one of the front runners for him in FA. Would he come to the Habs at a discount I doubt it but maybe he come for like 8mil over 5-7 years still good value IMHO. Then we trade Drouin + ? to get the 1 LHD and maybe try and land Ryan Miller as a backup to Price

Ryan Miller, no.  But I would take a run at Curtis McElhinney.

28 minutes ago, East_Coast_Juggalo_13 said:

Ryan Miller, no.  But I would take a run at Curtis McElhinney.

Yeah I don't realize he was 38 lol at that age I am not interested in Miller either lol

The Duchene rumors concern me.   Yes he's a good player, but do we really need to pursue a center?   The only way this makes sense is if the Habs think Poehling/Suzuki don't make the team out of camp.   

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

The Duchene rumors concern me.   Yes he's a good player, but do we really need to pursue a center?   The only way this makes sense is if the Habs think Poehling/Suzuki don't make the team out of camp.   

or they are looking at moving Domi off center to wing, or they are trying to include either Ddanault or Poehling in a trade package. Signing Duchene makes some sense if MB actually has a plan in place rather than the typical fly by the seat of your pants impression we always seem to get from him.  If we were to line up

Domi-Duchene_Gallagher

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki

Drouin-Poehling/Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Thompson-Weal

or something to that effect it may be worth the price however if we lined up

Tatar-Duchene-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Lehkonen-Danault-Armia

Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Byron

not such a fan

4 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

or they are looking at moving Domi off center to wing, or they are trying to include either Ddanault or Poehling in a trade package. Signing Duchene makes some sense if MB actually has a plan in place rather than the typical fly by the seat of your pants impression we always seem to get from him.  If we were to line up

Domi-Duchene_Gallagher

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki

Drouin-Poehling/Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Thompson-Weal

or something to that effect it may be worth the price however if we lined up

Tatar-Duchene-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Lehkonen-Danault-Armia

Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Byron

not such a fan

I think it would be foolish for MTL to pursue a centre, especially since MAx Domi is the first centre since Thomas Plekanec in 2009-2010 to register 70 points.  In my opinion it's Domi's spot to lose.