kinot-2

Rumours

1,666 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2020 at 10:05 AM, BigTed3 said:

Lehtonen goes to the Leafs after all that. One year deal.

Good deal for him. He'll get playing time, can boost his NHL value on a one-year deal, and will play on a team that is likely to make the post-season.

Looking at the Canes D there are a ton of top 4 Dmen Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Skjei, Gardiner and Vatanen. Then they have a decent amount of depth in Fleury, Van Reimsdyk and Edmundson.  I was wondering what it might take to get Skjei? I chose Skjei because Gardiner has a 7 team no trade list and we are likely on it and Vatanen and Slavin are likely not moving. Would they take Tatar + Kulak + 2nd for Skjei + Suzuki + Fleury? 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:11 PM, campabee82 said:

Looking at the Canes D there are a ton of top 4 Dmen Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Skjei, Gardiner and Vatanen. Then they have a decent amount of depth in Fleury, Van Reimsdyk and Edmundson.  I was wondering what it might take to get Skjei? I chose Skjei because Gardiner has a 7 team no trade list and we are likely on it and Vatanen and Slavin are likely not moving. Would they take Tatar + Kulak + 2nd for Skjei + Suzuki + Fleury? 

Vatanen's a UFA with an injury history and I don't know the Canes were planning on bringing him back. Edmundson and Van Riemsdyk are also UFA's. Likewise, Gardiner didn't have a great year and might not be viewed as a longterm top 4 solution. They paid a 1st rounder to get Skjei at the deadline, and I don't think they would trade him for Tatar and a 2nd straight up (given Tatar will be on an expiring contract, whereas Skjei is signed longterm). I highly doubt they're giving up Skjei and two of their better young players for anything close to what you listed there. Acquiring Skjei alone probably starts with a 1st and a prospect or else a top prospect like a Romanov, Caufield, or so on. Otherwise, why would Carolina trade away their 1st and then turn around and trade away a defenceman in his prime for less?

IMO, if we're going to trade with Carolina, the D man to target is Jake Bean, who is NHL-ready now and who might have trouble cracking the regular line-up right away.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, BigTed3 said:

Vatanen's a UFA with an injury history and I don't know the Canes were planning on bringing him back. Edmundson and Van Riemsdyk are also UFA's. Likewise, Gardiner didn't have a great year and might not be viewed as a longterm top 4 solution. They paid a 1st rounder to get Skjei at the deadline, and I don't think they would trade him for Tatar and a 2nd straight up (given Tatar will be on an expiring contract, whereas Skjei is signed longterm). I highly doubt they're giving up Skjei and two of their better young players for anything close to what you listed there. Acquiring Skjei alone probably starts with a 1st and a prospect or else a top prospect like a Romanov, Caufield, or so on. Otherwise, why would Carolina trade away their 1st and then turn around and trade away a defenceman in his prime for less?

IMO, if we're going to trade with Carolina, the D man to target is Jake Bean, who is NHL-ready now and who might have trouble cracking the regular line-up right away.

Thanks for the feed back I see your point guess it was wishful thinking lol

Posted (edited)

Hypothetical question here, with the Blues being at 78.55 Mil cap hit next season and the cap expected to remain flat and the Blues having to sign both Dunn and Pietrangelo do you think we could help them free up cap space by trading for Dunn + Bozak + Sundqvist. This gives the Blues 10.2 Mil to resign Pietrangelo just not sure what it would take to acquire those 3 was thinking Bozak and Sundqvist would together be worth maybe a 2nd or 3rd or someone like Kulak. Dunn would probably be worth at least a 1st maybe a 1st +2nd but the cap space would they save would be worth only taking a 1st for Dunn if it meant signing Pietrangelo. Am I close or what would it take?

Edited by campabee82

On 5/23/2020 at 0:02 PM, campabee82 said:

Hypothetical question here, with the Blues being at 78.55 Mil cap hit next season and the cap expected to remain flat and the Blues having to sign both Dunn and Pietrangelo do you think we could help them free up cap space by trading for Dunn + Bozak + Sundqvist. This gives the Blues 10.2 Mil to resign Pietrangelo just not sure what it would take to acquire those 3 was thinking Bozak and Sundqvist would together be worth maybe a 2nd or 3rd or someone like Kulak. Dunn would probably be worth at least a 1st maybe a 1st +2nd but the cap space would they save would be worth only taking a 1st for Dunn if it meant signing Pietrangelo. Am I close or what would it take?

That is a lot of money to take on. 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:02 AM, campabee82 said:

A year or two ago they said Dunn was "untouchable" so i think you'd have to give up a top prospect too.

10 hours ago, FirstRoundPick said:

That is a lot of money to take on. 

Yeah I thought so too but we could Buyout Bozak as he only has 1 year at 5 mil after this one or tale a page from the Laffs and take on some all but retired players contracts on LTIR

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Yeah I thought so too but we could Buyout Bozak as he only has 1 year at 5 mil after this one or tale a page from the Laffs and take on some all but retired players contracts on LTIR

Which should be against the rules since not all teams are in such a financial situation as to be able to do it. So much for league parity.

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Which should be against the rules since not all teams are in such a financial situation as to be able to do it. So much for league parity.

I agree and I feel like it is circumventing the cap and the integrity of the league but if the Leafs can do it why can't we? I was looking on Capfriendly and I figure there are at least 10-20 Mil in LTIR contracts out there for the pickings guys like Kessler and Zetterberg come to mind. Why shouldn't we get that extra space and fill our biggest weakness before the league closes the loophole? Purhaps go and sign a Sergichev or Krug to an 8 mil × 5 year contract and fix our cap space later?

Seeing a ton of rumours floating around about Hall headed home to Calgary. Most site that he wants to be closer to family but I am not sure these rumours are true because Hall grew up in Calgary until he was 13 then his parents moved to Kingston where his Mon still lives and there are conflicting reports on where his dad live most say in Toronto some say Kingston so who knows one thing is for sure IF he wants to be close to his parents then he will go somewhere like Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal or Detroit.

15 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Seeing a ton of rumours floating around about Hall headed home to Calgary. Most site that he wants to be closer to family but I am not sure these rumours are true because Hall grew up in Calgary until he was 13 then his parents moved to Kingston where his Mon still lives and there are conflicting reports on where his dad live most say in Toronto some say Kingston so who knows one thing is for sure IF he wants to be close to his parents then he will go somewhere like Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal or Detroit.

Yeah, very very few players actually end up signing to be "closer to home" even though a lot are rumoured to.  Im not saying he wont - but like you im not sure if that means calgary.

That said, living in one city till you're 13 probably means there's a good chance he's a closet flames fan and like Tavares did with the leafs, its also possible he chooses calgary because it was his childhood dream.

Either way im not sure we should be in the running for him. I like hall, he's an elite player & there's no doubt he makes us better than we are now, but that contract will be a burden in a few years when all our young players are needing new ones.   If i had any faith in MB id say "go for it, sort it out in a few years" (You could always trade Hall at that time for example) but since i dont have any faith in him, the less jams he can get into, the better. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah, very very few players actually end up signing to be "closer to home" even though a lot are rumoured to.  Im not saying he wont - but like you im not sure if that means calgary.

That said, living in one city till you're 13 probably means there's a good chance he's a closet flames fan and like Tavares did with the leafs, its also possible he chooses calgary because it was his childhood dream.

Either way im not sure we should be in the running for him. I like hall, he's an elite player & there's no doubt he makes us better than we are now, but that contract will be a burden in a few years when all our young players are needing new ones.   If i had any faith in MB id say "go for it, sort it out in a few years" (You could always trade Hall at that time for example) but since i dont have any faith in him, the less jams he can get into, the better. 

This was exactly my feeling lol but with MB ruining the show he would likely offer 10 Mil for 7 years with full NMC.

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

This was exactly my feeling lol but with MB ruining the show he would likely offer 10 Mil for 7 years with full NMC.

Yes. Over 27 + NMC = MB's MO. 

On 6/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, campabee82 said:

Hall be a ton of money and never really helped the Oilers, Devils nor Coyotes. Doubt he is a wise decision

11 hours ago, FirstRoundPick said:

Hall be a ton of money and never really helped the Oilers, Devils nor Coyotes. Doubt he is a wise decision

I disagree with the bolded, 2 or 3 years ago he won the hart trophy for carrying the devils into the playoffs without much help. He is a game changer and an elite winger he would definitely help the Habs but we would need more than just Hall. We would need Suzuki and KK and Romanov all to step up and be what we all feel like they can be as well as Price and Weber to be even half as good as they were in their prime

19 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I disagree with the bolded, 2 or 3 years ago he won the hart trophy for carrying the devils into the playoffs without much help. He is a game changer and an elite winger he would definitely help the Habs but we would need more than just Hall. We would need Suzuki and KK and Romanov all to step up and be what we all feel like they can be as well as Price and Weber to be even half as good as they were in their prime

Yeah the problem isnt so much that we're missing good players its that they are at totally different stages of their careers.  You're never going to get a whole team entering its prime at once (you couldnt afford it either) but when you look at your top 5-8 players and 3 of them are over 33 (by december) and the other 4 or 5 are all under 22 thats a problem.  Guys like Domi, Tatar, Drouin are are  mid-career players so they are fine with either end of the spectrum but all of our potential impact guys are either out of their prime or not quite in it & that doesnt gel. 

MB seems unable to understand this. 

On 6/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, campabee82 said:

One year and then he quickly collapsed again. What about the other 9 years? Never take the outliner and use it as the norm

9 hours ago, FirstRoundPick said:

One year and then he quickly collapsed again. What about the other 9 years? Never take the outliner and use it as the norm

So career 0.9 PPG player is considered a bust!? I don't think so! Besides he hasnt really been on elite teams through the first 10 years now has he?

Also that 0.9 PPG is better than Marchand's 0.85 PPG! And Marchand had better players surrounding him his whole career

On 14/06/2020 at 6:13 PM, campabee82 said:

So career 0.9 PPG player is considered a bust!? I don't think so! Besides he hasnt really been on elite teams through the first 10 years now has he?

Precisely why not to sign him. He's point a game,  10 million a year and never helped his teams win. It will be a Duchene or Karlsdon type mistake. That kind of money, needs to be no inegatives tied to him 

Sometimes I assume that the player who hasn't been able to win a Cup has the most incentive to work hard to do so. I would be totally fine with MB reaching out to Hall's camp to gauge interest. Will he come here? I highly doubt it. Is it worth checking into? Definitely.

9 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Sometimes I assume that the player who hasn't been able to win a Cup has the most incentive to work hard to do so. I would be totally fine with MB reaching out to Hall's camp to gauge interest. Will he come here? I highly doubt it. Is it worth checking into? Definitely.

I agree a player of his level you always check at the very least. you never know who had a burning desire to be a hab!

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

I agree a player of his level you always check at the very least. you never know who had a burning desire to be a hab!

He moved to Kingston at 13 and supposedly was a Habs fan

22 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He's never helped teams before. At 10 million a year, I would pass. He has only had 1 good year in 10. Be bad contract.