kinot-2

Rumours

2,156 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

agree with this ...I question McGuire's know -it -all information . He seems to be the go-to-guy on radio shows because he can go on forever about players ( especially in the USDL and College ranks ) and have a story about each one of them and their parents . Don't always agree with his over the top team evaluations  . That being said the others you mentioned  are terrible . However , Pierre LeBrun gets a nod as does Elliotte Friedman for me . Darren Dreger comes off as an ambulance chasing lawyer and doesn't rely on stats of players that much ...always looking for the "scoop" on draft or free agency day to look good ...drives me nuts . Craig Button seems to have done his homework as much as he goes to the hair salon but he at least seems to know a fair amount  . McKenzie was good  but now part-time/retired  ...always appeared to be matter- of -fact but detailed  . ....but yeah I agree there are plenty of knowledgeable fans that could give the same information .

I've never been a McGuire fan myself or Milbury either. I listen a lot to NHL network on XM and on US NHL tv network. I also read different sites and sport sections. Most are former GM's players ect. and sports writers. I'm sure no matter who you may or may not agree with, because of their positions or connections they actually do have more access to information than the general fan does. I will say though out the normal season I always buy the Center Ice package. One of the reasons I like it is to watch games sometimes purposely to listen to the other teams coverage. Watch their intermission and game reporting to hear both sides opinions on each teams players ect. 

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

I've never been a McGuire fan myself or Milbury either. I listen a lot to NHL network on XM and on US NHL tv network. I also read different sites and sport sections. Most are former GM's players ect. and sports writers. I'm sure no matter who you may or may not agree with, because of their positions or connections they actually do have more access to information than the general fan does. I will say though out the normal season I always buy the Center Ice package. One of the reasons I like it is to watch games sometimes purposely to listen to the other teams coverage. Watch their intermission and game reporting to hear both sides opinions on each teams players ect. 

yep that works  ...I won't even give Milbury a second ...I don't pay for Center Ice anymore though ...I just stream the games now ...one team I definitely won't watch or listen to anymore is Boston ...too annoying 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:52 PM, arpem-can said:

However , Pierre LeBrun gets a nod as does Elliotte Friedman for me .

Friedman yes.  LeBrun no.

LeBrun literally makes things up.    Take Gallagher .. LeBrun tweets out "Contract talks on extension break off" in regards to Gallagher ... other media picks up on it and starts speculating Gallagher won't sign, he's unhappy, we have another Paccioretty situation ... very next day Gallagher signs.     LeBrun's information was probably "Gallagher is taking time to consider the offer" ... and LeBrun reports it as "talks break off".   He's a hack.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:57 PM, arpem-can said:

yep that works  ...I won't even give Milbury a second ...I don't pay for Center Ice anymore though ...I just stream the games now ...one team I definitely won't watch or listen to anymore is Boston ...too annoying 

Sportsnet/CBC keeps sticking Garry Galley on as colour for Habs games ... so it feels like I'm watching  the Bruins colour guy covering non-Bruin games.

8 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Friedman yes.  LeBrun no.

LeBrun literally makes things up.    Take Gallagher .. LeBrun tweets out "Contract talks on extension break off" in regards to Gallagher ... other media picks up on it and starts speculating Gallagher won't sign, he's unhappy, we have another Paccioretty situation ... very next day Gallagher signs.     LeBrun's information was probably "Gallagher is taking time to consider the offer" ... and LeBrun reports it as "talks break off".   He's a hack.

But both Gallagher and MB confirmed this. Talks did break off. Both sides were upset.  It was a complete misunderstanding but nonetheless, what LeBrun reported was 100% accurate - he made nothing up there.  People might have overreacted to it, but thats not LeBruns fault. 

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

Sportsnet/CBC keeps sticking Garry Galley on as colour for Habs games ... so it feels like I'm watching  the Bruins colour guy covering non-Bruin games.

Milbury is bad but Jack Edwards is the worst broadcaster in hockey ...If I'm watching a Bruin's game ( not that often ) I turn off the sound 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

But both Gallagher and MB confirmed this. Talks did break off. Both sides were upset.  It was a complete misunderstanding but nonetheless, what LeBrun reported was 100% accurate - he made nothing up there.  People might have overreacted to it, but thats not LeBruns fault. 

Ok that might be a bad example, but in general I find LeBrun to be misinformed and/or fantasy talking.

2 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Ok that might be a bad example, but in general I find LeBrun to be misinformed and/or fantasy talking.

I think some of this stems from his time at Eklund's site.  He was their Habs expert and while he never posted anything nearly as bad as ol' EK, by association he was definitely questioned.

Once he moved to a more legitimate network I havent seen as much concern over his reporting but certainly dont follow it closely enough to have seen everything he's posted/tweeted. 

7 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

And I thought it was only me thinking that.  lol

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think some of this stems from his time at Eklund's site.  He was their Habs expert and while he never posted anything nearly as bad as ol' EK, by association he was definitely questioned.

Once he moved to a more legitimate network I havent seen as much concern over his reporting but certainly dont follow it closely enough to have seen everything he's posted/tweeted. 

Don't think Lebrun ever worked for Eklund. I think you're confusing him with Eric Engels, who now covers the Habs for sportsnet but was the Habs expert on Hockeybuzz for a while beforehand. Personally I have no issue with either Lebrun or Friedman. I like Friedman a bit better but they're both decent. Bob McKenzie is the gold standard at breaking insider information. The guy I don't find as reliable is Dreger. He obviously has a lot of inside info, but he's also a guy who clearly drops additional info for ratings. To my knowledge he's a noted Leafs fan and he seems to love to tease Habs fans by claiming they're in on every single big-name free agent. I think he had Hall coming here, I think he had Tavares and Duchene both putting us at the top of their lists, etc etc. He loves to stoke the fires in that regard and he doesn't do as good a job as the others at sorting out what rumors are credible vs. just reporting every single blob of paint that gets flung at a wall.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't think Lebrun ever worked for Eklund. I think you're confusing him with Eric Engels, who now covers the Habs for sportsnet but was the Habs expert on Hockeybuzz for a while beforehand. Personally I have no issue with either Lebrun or Friedman. I like Friedman a bit better but they're both decent. Bob McKenzie is the gold standard at breaking insider information. The guy I don't find as reliable is Dreger. He obviously has a lot of inside info, but he's also a guy who clearly drops additional info for ratings. To my knowledge he's a noted Leafs fan and he seems to love to tease Habs fans by claiming they're in on every single big-name free agent. I think he had Hall coming here, I think he had Tavares and Duchene both putting us at the top of their lists, etc etc. He loves to stoke the fires in that regard and he doesn't do as good a job as the others at sorting out what rumors are credible vs. just reporting every single blob of paint that gets flung at a wall.

Oof! you're correct!  Old brain :P

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Oof! you're correct!  Old brain :P

Time to retire? :lol:

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Time to retire? :lol:

im an artist, we never retire, we just get weirder.

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

im an artist, we never retire, we just get weirder.

what kind of artist maas?

23 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

what kind of artist maas?

Mostly a Portrait artist.  I still do some commercial art but pushing more towards full-time portraiture.

Check the link in my signature if you're interested. 

37 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Mostly a Portrait artist.  I still do some commercial art but pushing more towards full-time portraiture.

Would love to see you use your imagination and draw a portrait of Kinot. We could all use a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Would love to see you use your imagination and draw a portrait of Kinot. We could all use a good laugh. 

I think i already have.  Mood at least? 

Bean3.jpgMrBean4.jpg

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

awesome man will check it out ....

36 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

maas_art ...the portraits are awesome ...love them all ..partial to the Dinklage profile ...how do you find the time to post ?

7 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think i already have.  Mood at least? 

Bean3.jpgMrBean4.jpg

Doesn't resemble the short tee shirt, beer belly, scruffy sitting in an old lay-z-boy look I was imagining.   

11 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Bubba-J.png.86c8300eae26d00e72e64ba67f1da8a1.png Kinot's portrait

:4224::4224::4224:

15 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Bubba-J.png.86c8300eae26d00e72e64ba67f1da8a1.png Kinot's portrait

<Gets campabee82's Voodoo doll out of closet and finds pins>

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

<Gets campabee82's Voodoo doll out of closet and finds pins>

Another one for the collection,,,right?? I know i've felt that stab a few times.:lol: