The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumours

kinot-2

16 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

He's a righty, so not sure how the fit would work, but we know Colorado tried to move him to Vancouver at the draft and it fell through. He's definitely available, and there have been ties of Drouin to Colorado to reunite him with MacKinnon... I think I'd want more from Colorado if we were going down that route though. Drouin 1v1 for Barrie wouldn't be the best fit for us as much as it helps Colorado unload a guy who is a UFA in one year that they don't seem to want, all the while getting a player they seemingly covet. I mentioned Columbus as the other rumored site, and Drouin there also makes a bit of sense with the exodus of scorers they've seen... Murray is the guy there they seem to be okay with letting go. Or maybe we can swing bigger and ask for Werenski, whom I see as the perfect fit here. But if it's Murray, I know Clb has also looked at trading Anderson in the past... I could see something along the lines of Drouin + Lehkonen for Anderson + Murray, perhaps contingent upon us finding a forward on the free agency market...

I wonder if the Avs would do Byram + for Drouin like the Weirenski or Murray + Anderson for Drouin + Lehkonen as well

1 hour ago, tony5775 said:

The biggest mistake of all the UFA signings will be the team that signs Lee. He is and always has been very over rated. 

He's not going to score 40 with us, but I like him as a scorer, a guy who can help the PP, and a guy who brings some size and presence to the ice. He battles hard to get to the net, he gets pucks out of corners... I think he fills a need here, and he did fine without Tavares last year. I think Domi or JK as his center would keep him going as a 25-30 goal scorer, and he would get 1st unit PP time here I believe.

Two more rumors hitting now..

- Friedman says he believes Kinkaid will sign with Habs tomorrow. I think this is a bad move. Not sure he is better than Lindgren or McNiven. One of worst in league last year.

- Dans Les Coulisses said they just spoke to Nic Deslauriers and he believes he is being traded to the Ducks, possibly for a 4th round pick. This would be great news if true...

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

- Friedman says he believes Kinkaid will sign with Habs tomorrow. I think this is a bad move. Not sure he is better than Lindgren or McNiven. One of worst in league last year.

- Dans Les Coulisses said they just spoke to Nic Deslauriers and he believes he is being traded to the Ducks, possibly for a 4th round pick. This would be great news if true...

I don't love Kinkaid either but he's been a pretty good goalie outside of last year. Hey 2 years ago even Price sucked! lol

14 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Some support from other reporters now that Deslauriers has been traded. Waiting on confirmation of the return as to whether it's a 4th rounder or not.

16 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I don't love Kinkaid either but he's been a pretty good goalie outside of last year. Hey 2 years ago even Price sucked! lol

Exactly I think last year was an outlier for Kinkade and he feels like he has something to prove which could seriously benefit us if he does sign

6 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

And according to Marc-Olivier Beaudoin, Deslauriers had asked for a trade, as if he's actually good enough to believe he wasn't getting the ice time he deserved here.

This would make me extatic to get that high of a pick now if we can just get a 5th or 6th for Alzner I would praise MB as a genius ( ok that might be pushing it LOL)

3 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Exactly I think last year was an outlier for Kinkade and he feels like he has something to prove which could seriously benefit us if he does sign

This would make me extatic to get that high of a pick now if we can just get a 5th or 6th for Alzner I would praise MB as a genius ( ok that might be pushing it LOL)

if MB could get a team to take Alzners contract and give us a pick he should get a raise! LOL!

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

He's really on a roll today just got a 4th for Dlo

The Ducks’ fourth-rounder makes it 12 selections for Montreal next year, eight of which come in the first four rounds.

Just now, kinot-2 said:

The Ducks’ fourth-rounder makes it 12 selections for Montreal next year, eight of which come in the first four rounds.

Yeah I saw that too lmao as long as they keep taking our crap and giving us decent picks I am happy with this off season even if we do end up overpaying Duchene but I have a feeling it may be at a lower hit maybe 7.5-9 mil for 5 years with a NMC

5 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Yeah I saw that too lmao as long as they keep taking our crap and giving us decent picks I am happy with this off season even if we do end up overpaying Duchene but I have a feeling it may be at a lower hit maybe 7.5-9 mil for 5 years with a NMC

I think its going to be 8 years 9.5 million

• H_T_L locked this topic