Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumours


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

According to David Ettedgui ( a player's agent) from his twitter:  Bergevin's plan is not a LD (ie Krug) its a big high profile RW. 

Its unclear how Ettedgui got this info (ie directly from MB?) but it does sound like he's legit.  He also said that Kovalchuk is "not the guy" they are talking about, so if we sign him again, thats a secondary piece, not the main one. 


Not sure who MB would be targeting - i would assume via trade since Hall is LW and pretty much everyone else - Dadanov, Simmonds etc - are hardly "high profile" anymore.  I suppose you could call Hoffman 'high profile' (and he has been playing RW in florida) but i cant imagine MB touching him with a 10' pole.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

According to David Ettedgui ( a player's agent) from his twitter:  Bergevin's plan is not a LD (ie Krug) its a big high profile RW. 

Its unclear how Ettedgui got this info (ie directly from MB?) but it does sound like he's legit.  He also said that Kovalchuk is "not the guy" they are talking about, so if we sign him again, thats a secondary piece, not the main one. 


Not sure who MB would be targeting - i would assume via trade since Hall is LW and pretty much everyone else - Dadanov, Simmonds etc - are hardly "high profile" anymore.  I suppose you could call Hoffman 'high profile' (and he has been playing RW in florida) but i cant imagine MB touching him with a 10' pole.

 

 

RW? Laine, not Nylander 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friedman says Habs are feeling out the trade market for both Danault and Domi to see which one has the better return. Sounds like MB is serious about trading at least one of them. He also wonders, however, if Habs are publicly making Danault's trade rumors known to scare him into signing a more team-friendly contract. Either way, seems like a good move for Bergevin.

In somewhat related news, Wild acquire Nck Bjugstad from Pittsburgh for a conditional pick. Pens retain half his salary. Is Minnesota still looking for a top 6 center and do they still like Domi? Do the Pens, who have also been linked to Domi, now have an extra spot in their line-up to make a move for him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Friedman says Habs are feeling out the trade market for both Danault and Domi to see which one has the better return. Sounds like MB is serious about trading at least one of them. He also wonders, however, if Habs are publicly making Danault's trade rumors known to scare him into signing a more team-friendly contract. Either way, seems like a good move for Bergevin.

I’m all for it, if any player wants to publicly complain about there job here we should absolutely let it be known he can find employment elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Windoe said:

My guess for RW is Mantha for Domi and picks/prospects

Drouin-Suzuki-Mantha
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Weal

I’m not convinced The dead things need Domi - they have Veleno as a centre in waiting. Zadina coming up on the right wing may crowd some forwards and make Mantha who is a left shooter that plays LW or RW expendable. Detroit’s needs seem to be defense men if they were going to move Mantha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want Mantha. That said...

I don’t see the Wings moving Mantha unless contract negotiations go way south. And even then, the return would have to be huge. Otherwise Yzerman will likely just sit on’em. Wings are in no rush.

on a side note, I mentioned in an earlier post that Vancouver is looking to shed some salary in the way of Ericsson or Sutter, and look to be offering Virtanen to get it done. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Yzerman jumps on that. They’ve got plenty of space and could easily just fit Sutter right into the lineup (rather than worry about buying him out), temporary band-aiding their Center position while also acquiring Virtanen. Seems like a move Yzerman would be all over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I want Mantha. That said...

I don’t see the Wings moving Mantha unless contract negotiations go way south. And even then, the return would have to be huge. Otherwise Yzerman will likely just sit on’em. Wings are in no rush.

on a side note, I mentioned in an earlier post that Vancouver is looking to shed some salary in the way of Ericsson or Sutter, and look to be offering Virtanen to get it done. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Yzerman jumps on that. They’ve got plenty of space and could easily just fit Sutter right into the lineup (rather than worry about buying him out), temporary band-aiding their Center position while also acquiring Virtanen. Seems like a move Yzerman would be all over. 

Personally for me Mantha is not an upgrade over Domi. Mantha has never hit more than 50 points and never more than 21 goals. Sure he is bigger and plays on a weaker team but he is also injured more. I would pass on any trade for Mantha.

Guys I would go after are:

FA

Hall, Smith and Dadanov 

Trades

Laine, Ehlers, Gadreau, Nylander, Guntzel, Rackell, Killorn and Krieder 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I want Mantha. That said...

I don’t see the Wings moving Mantha unless contract negotiations go way south. And even then, the return would have to be huge. Otherwise Yzerman will likely just sit on’em. Wings are in no rush.

on a side note, I mentioned in an earlier post that Vancouver is looking to shed some salary in the way of Ericsson or Sutter, and look to be offering Virtanen to get it done. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Yzerman jumps on that. They’ve got plenty of space and could easily just fit Sutter right into the lineup (rather than worry about buying him out), temporary band-aiding their Center position while also acquiring Virtanen. Seems like a move Yzerman would be all over. 

Agreed ...wondering why the Wings with more than enough cap room would even consider moving a 6'5" 234 lb guy who can put 20 + goals up for you and when he's one of the only good players on the team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Windoe said:

My guess for RW is Mantha for Domi and picks/prospects

Drouin-Suzuki-Mantha
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Weal

 

4 hours ago, Windoe said:

Oops forgot Byron

I like your lines a lot, even more with Byron in the lineup. Mantha is a better fit than Domi at this point I believe, not sure what it would take to get him though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Sorry typo lol I meant 25

That’s what I figured. Lol either that or you were looking at his Grand Rapids stats :P

You are correct, but... 24 in 80 games, 25 in 67 and 16 in 43. His goals have consistently trended upwards. Last year he was on pace for 30(ish). All things considered, he has the one thing we are sorely missing, size with skill. We have a fair bit of skill, but it mostly all comes in one flavour, small. Even if his scoring is comparable to Domi’s, how he scores is vastly different. I imagine most GM’s would put a much higher value in Mantha than Domi. Most that I’ve heard regards Mantha as a potential 40 goal scorer. Even if he falls short of that, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t continue to develop into a consistent 30+ goal scorer. But I’ve been wrong before 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

That’s what I figured. Lol either that or you were looking at his Grand Rapids stats :P

You are correct, but... 24 in 80 games, 25 in 67 and 16 in 43. His goals have consistently trended upwards. Last year he was on pace for 30(ish). All things considered, he has the one thing we are sorely missing, size with skill. We have a fair bit of skill, but it mostly all comes in one flavour, small. Even if his scoring is comparable to Domi’s, how he scores is vastly different. I imagine most GM’s would put a much higher value in Mantha than Domi. Most that I’ve heard regards Mantha as a potential 40 goal scorer. Even if he falls short of that, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t continue to develop into a consistent 30+ goal scorer. But I’ve been wrong before 

The biggest reason for me passing on Mantha is he is often injured. Mantha and Domi have been in the league for 5 years that's a possible 410 games. Mantha has only played 260 games out of those possible 410, that is 150 games missed or 2 full seasons + 6 games due to injury in 5 years. Compare that to Domi who has played 375 games out of 410 or 35 games missed due to injury. I would rather keep the more reliable Domi over the oft injured Mantha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, campabee82 said:

The biggest reason for me passing on Mantha is he is often injured. Mantha and Domi have been in the league for 5 years that's a possible 410 games. Mantha has only played 260 games out of those possible 410, that is 150 games missed or 2 full seasons + 6 games due to injury in 5 years. Compare that to Domi who has played 375 games out of 410 or 35 games missed due to injury. I would rather keep the more reliable Domi over the oft injured Mantha.

That’s a fair concern. I don’t know much in regards to his injury history, and he definitely has missed time due to injury. But also, just to add a little context, during his first two seasons as a pro he spent a combined 70 games (60 and 10) playing in the AHL, so almost half of the games missed, it would appear, weren’t due to injury. Still, your point mostly stands, he’s missed more games than Domi. This just brings the numbers a little closer together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

That’s a fair concern. I don’t know much in regards to his injury history, and he definitely has missed time due to injury. But also, just to add a little context, during his first two seasons as a pro he spent a combined 70 games (60 and 10) playing in the AHL, so almost half of the games missed, it would appear, weren’t due to injury. Still, your point mostly stands, he’s missed more games than Domi. This just brings the numbers a little closer together.

Agreed, I don't think injuries are a huge concern in Mantha's case. He missed 20 games with a rib/lung injury after Muzzin threw him backwards to the ice last season and also missed 8 games with a minor knee inury around Christmas. The year before, he missed 15 games with a broken hand when he stood up for Larkin and fought some dude from Colorado after a questionable hit and 2 more games with a groin injury. If the numbers on TSN are accurate, Domi missed only about half as many games due to injury (23 games vs. 45 games) since they started playing in the NHL in 2015 but it's not like Mantha had major surgeries or a concussion history, which would definitely be red flags for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

That’s a fair concern. I don’t know much in regards to his injury history, and he definitely has missed time due to injury. But also, just to add a little context, during his first two seasons as a pro he spent a combined 70 games (60 and 10) playing in the AHL, so almost half of the games missed, it would appear, weren’t due to injury. Still, your point mostly stands, he’s missed more games than Domi. This just brings the numbers a little closer together.

Domi for Mantha, Domi for Josh Anderson, Domi for Anthanasiou - All of those  are rebound or recovery projects to get the exchanged player back to their potential peak or ceiling years. You have to ask who has the Higher recovery potential- a healthy Domi or the questionable player returned? I would rather see Domi packaged with multiple players Mete, Byron, Poehling lower draft pick 3rd etc., for  something of more quality or lower risk. Alternatively I would take a high draft pick or prospect in such a trade and gamble on a younger player. 
Bergevin is king of exchanges for non-impact players Kulak, Armia, Tatar, Weal - I’m  likely overvaluing Domi so maybe it’s Danault instead But we need more impactful players for the future core. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...