The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Elliotte Friedman says Bergevin was trying to get Getzlaf from Anaheim... because we need more 35+ year-old players so we can dominate the 2010 playoffs?

I know! if this was 2010 we'd be cup champs for sure

On 4/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, tony5775 said:

I think we should find out what Rejean Houle would do first before we pull the trigger on this one. 

Don't bring up that name. He was the curse of the Habs.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Elliotte Friedman says Bergevin was trying to get Getzlaf from Anaheim... because we need more 35+ year-old players so we can dominate the 2010 playoffs?

Bergevin 's delusional.

11 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Depends on when. If this was something he was trying before Staal, that’s a different story. I too would have preferred Getzlaf over Staal, and would have generally approved of the acquisition. If he tried for Getzlaf after already acquiring Staal, I don’t know what he was thinking...

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Apparently we were close to a deal acquiring Tony DeAngelo according to Dreger from TSN

That I find hard to believe . 

36 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I would have taken him. What happened?

11 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

That I find hard to believe . 

Rangers wanted him to agree to nullify his contract so he could sign a deal with us but he refused, so it forces the Rangers to buy him out later on. I guess he makes more money that way. So he chose to sit.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Rangers wanted him to agree to nullify his contract so he could sign a deal with us but he refused, so it forces the Rangers to buy him out later on. I guess he makes more money that way. So he chose to sit.

I dont blame him.  He sounds like a piece of work but a contract is a contract.   No reason the NYR should be allowed to get out from under it.   They chose to sit him out of principal (which is great, no argument from me) but then you cant have it both ways. You made a decision based on your morals - if you then also can get away with 'getting your money back' so to speak then it wasnt a particularly hard choice, was it?  

I suspect MB would have only taken him if the Rags agreed to eat salary & they didnt want to do that. Im sort of glad it fell through. He's talented, no doubt, but sounds like a pretty questionable human. Maybe Weber, Gallagher and co. would keep him in line but... 

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I dont blame him.  He sounds like a piece of work but a contract is a contract.   No reason the NYR should be allowed to get out from under it.   They chose to sit him out of principal (which is great, no argument from me) but then you cant have it both ways. You made a decision based on your morals - if you then also can get away with 'getting your money back' so to speak then it wasnt a particularly hard choice, was it?  

I suspect MB would have only taken him if the Rags agreed to eat salary & they didnt want to do that. Im sort of glad it fell through. He's talented, no doubt, but sounds like a pretty questionable human. Maybe Weber, Gallagher and co. would keep him in line but... 

Or there would be fistfights in the room!

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

interesting proposition but if he has trouble in a big market like NY - there’s an equal or greater spotlight in Montreal. I suspect he goes to a market that isn’t as obsessed with hockey subject to cap room like a Zona Columbus Florida etc 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

The Rags never seemed to have an issue with Sean Avery. 

11 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The Rags never seemed to have an issue with Sean Avery. 

I think the culture of hockey (and everything, really) has changed a lot since the Sean Avery days. Im pretty sure he would have issues these days, on any team. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think the culture of hockey (and everything, really) has changed a lot since the Sean Avery days. Im pretty sure he would have issues these days, on any team. 

Brad Marchand would probably like to have a word with you.

Just kidding, I hate the rat but he also happens to be a pretty good hockey player despite all the antics.

Edited by ChiLla

Tony DeAngelo  would never fit in with the Montreal lockroom .

https://bluelinestation.com/2020/11/05/new-york-rangers-tony-deangelo-might-landed-hot-water/

A history of not being able to playing nice

This isn’t the first time Tony DeAngelo’s name has been thrown around in a controversial fashion.  Back in February of 2014, when he was playing for the OHL’s Sarnia Sting, DeAngelo was handed an eight game suspension when he was found guilty of violating the OHL’s harassment, abuse and diversity policy.  The suspension came after DeAngelo was accused of using offensive slurs toward one of his teammates, and it wasn’t the first time that the teenager was in trouble for violating the OHL’s harassment policy.

DeAngelo was also involved in two more incidents when he was suspended one game for the abuse of an OHL official, and then during the 2016-17 NHL season he was suspended for three games due to a similar incident involving another official.  DeAngelo was a member of the Arizona Coyotes at the time.

AND he's a huge TRump supporter 

24 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Tony DeAngelo  would never fit in with the Montreal lockroom .

https://bluelinestation.com/2020/11/05/new-york-rangers-tony-deangelo-might-landed-hot-water/

AND he's a huge TRump supporter 

Lol the nerve! He should probably not be allowed to play again based on that alone!

Good grief...

Edited by MALMACIAN_CRUNCH