Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

2019-2020 Injury Thread

182 posts in this topic

Ban and close this thread :D Screw injuries... Not at the right time they appear... 

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Long list of injuries and the season hasn't even started yet, guess the hockey gods are making up for the injury bug passing us by most of last year.

McCarron - Groin - 6 Weeks

Byron - Unknown - Indefinitely

Poehling - Concussion - Indefinitely

Alzner - Groin - Day-today

Juulsen - Headaches - Indefinitely

Olofsson - Shoulder - Indefinitely

Ikonen - Leg - 6 months

That's a rough one for Ikonen. Yikes!

I'm guessing Byron will eventually officially be diagnosed with a concussion.

During his postgame press conference, head coach Claude Julien revealed that goaltender Carey Price was unable to suit up against the Maple Leafs after suffering a bruised hand.

According to the veteran bench boss, the 32-year-old Anahim Lake, BC native's injury isn't anything serious and presents no cause for concern.

"It was his glove hand. When he went to see the doctor, the doctor said that for precautionary reasons we're going to keep him out for a few days," explained Julien, before shedding some additional light on a timetable for Price's return. "That's all it is, so you should see him back on the ice hopefully before the end of the week."

You would think if they were being precautionary they would send him for an X-ray. Tons of small bones in the hand. Let's hope this doesn't develop into one of those "all he needs is rest" situations that drag out until they find something more serious down the road.

As for the status of Paul Byron, who sustained an upper-body injury against the Florida Panthers last Thursday, Julien indicated that the speedy forward is doing just fine.

"He's recovering well. His injury was one where it looks like it was just a three or four-day injury. He could easily be playing in a day or two if we wanted to, but in training camp it's better to be cautious then sorry," revealed Julien. "Pauly's in great shape. Maybe we see him Saturday [at home against the Ottawa Senators]. We'll see as we move on here."

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

During his postgame press conference, head coach Claude Julien revealed that goaltender Carey Price was unable to suit up against the Maple Leafs after suffering a bruised hand.

According to the veteran bench boss, the 32-year-old Anahim Lake, BC native's injury isn't anything serious and presents no cause for concern.

"It was his glove hand. When he went to see the doctor, the doctor said that for precautionary reasons we're going to keep him out for a few days," explained Julien, before shedding some additional light on a timetable for Price's return. "That's all it is, so you should see him back on the ice hopefully before the end of the week."

You would think if they were being precautionary they would send him for an X-ray. Tons of small bones in the hand. Let's hope this doesn't develop into one of those "all he needs is rest" situations that drag out until they find something more serious down the road.

I know that sometimes with bruises they dont do xrays right away because swelling can give false readings.

Im not going to worry too much about this - im sure its nothing - but its difficult not to be concerned when you look at the past history of this team's "truth" telling... 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

I know that sometimes with bruises they dont do xrays right away because swelling can give false readings.

Im not going to worry too much about this - im sure its nothing - but its difficult not to be concerned when you look at the past history of this team's "truth" telling... 

True.

It'll be December and we'll all still be wondering when Carey's going to make his season debut.

Paul Byron also returned to the ice, taking part in a full practice with the team.

I see Poehling was mentioned on one of the lines at practice today. I'm assuming he's skating again??

26 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I see Poehling was mentioned on one of the lines at practice today. I'm assuming he's skating again??

both him and price were skating

6 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Price good to go and Poehling cleared for contact.

Hopefully both can play tomorrow. 

ARRRRGH, I didn't see this thread, before posting mine.  :wub: 

Edited by kinot-2

Canadiens captain Shea Weber and centre Nick Cousins missed practice on Tuesday. Weber, 34, was given the day off for rest while Cousins, 26, is dealing with a lower-body injury.

Hope it's only rest and not a nagging little problem.

32 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Canadiens captain Shea Weber and centre Nick Cousins missed practice on Tuesday. Weber, 34, was given the day off for rest while Cousins, 26, is dealing with a lower-body injury.

Hope it's only rest and not a nagging little problem.

Rest?

The season just started. Oh my.

35 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Rest?

The season just started. Oh my.

Yeah and we're 5 days between games. 

Nick Cousins has a back injury. 

46 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Nick Cousins has a back injury. 

Feel sorry for him but it does make some decisions easier. 

17 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Feel sorry for him but it does make some decisions easier. 

Yeah it’s all relative.

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Yeah it’s all relative.

He's one of those players I always felt could be a solid 3rd line/borderline 2nd with a little luck.  Not sure he'll get the chance here with all our depth.  Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

Tuna on the limp. Status unknown. Took a shot on the ankle apparently.

58 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Tuna on the limp. Status unknown. Took a shot on the ankle apparently.

Not just any shot a Weber shot. Weber really has to watch the friendly fire LOL 

Is there any info on JK's injury?  I know the official word is "groin" and that its minor but Im curious if anyone said when it happened?

He looked good the first few games to start the year but then has looked really 'off' for at least 5-6 games. I just wonder if he's been injured all this time & didnt tell the trainers until last game? 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Is there any info on JK's injury?  I know the official word is "groin" and that its minor but Im curious if anyone said when it happened?

He looked good the first few games to start the year but then has looked really 'off' for at least 5-6 games. I just wonder if he's been injured all this time & didnt tell the trainers until last game? 

TSN couldn't figure it out either. Dan Robertson (who calls the games on TSN) said he didn't see anything wrong with JK during practices or warmups. 

44 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TSN couldn't figure it out either. Dan Robertson (who calls the games on TSN) said he didn't see anything wrong with JK during practices or warmups. 

really makes me think he's been hurt for a bit & hiding it.  At least that would explain some of the slow start