Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

2019-2020 Injury Thread

182 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

really makes me think he's been hurt for a bit & hiding it.  At least that would explain some of the slow start

i would be ok with that as it would explain some of his softer play i found him much stronger on the puck last season.

Kotkaniemi on IR with the groin injury, Poehling recalled from Laval

On 11/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, ramcharger440 said:

i would be ok with that as it would explain some of his softer play i found him much stronger on the puck last season.

Agreed.  And he's bigger & more mature  this year so you'd think it would be the reverse. 

Kotkaniemi practices, will travel to Philly

Out with a groin injury, Jesperi Kotkaniemi was practicing in a maroon jersey with the team, and will travel with the Canadiens to Philadelphia for their game against the Flyers on Thursday. It is still not clear whether he will play of not

52 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Kotkaniemi practices, will travel to Philly

Out with a groin injury, Jesperi Kotkaniemi was practicing in a maroon jersey with the team, and will travel with the Canadiens to Philadelphia for their game against the Flyers on Thursday. It is still not clear whether he will play of not

Being that it's a groin. I would say let Poehling play another game in his spot. A groin is usually something that takes time to heal and I would rather be 100% with JK than to rush him at this time.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

JD placed on IR. Looks like the OV hit did damage.

Bet he woke up sore! dirty hit no two ways around it no need to hit a guy like that. one day that will come back his way if he is not careful.

Don't know why but,,,, add Byron to the injury list. KK apparently is ready to play.

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Don't know why but,,,, add Byron to the injury list. KK apparently is ready to play.

could explain his soft play so far.

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

JD placed on IR. Looks like the OV hit did damage.

The Canadiens say Jonathan Drouin went into concussion protocol following the second-period Ovechkin hit and was cleared. They add he sustained his injury in the third period of last night’s game and that it’s unrelated to being hit by Ovechkin.

JD will be out a week. 

9 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Ouch. Darn. Drouin was having a good season. Shame. Hopefully he's not out too long.

Charles Hudon gifted what might be his last chance to play in the NHL, it seems.

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Ouch. Darn. Drouin was having a good season. Shame. Hopefully he's not out too long.

Charles Hudon gifted what might be his last chance to play in the NHL, it seems.

Yeah i feel bad for Drouin he put in the work and was getting rewarded for it, hopefully he comes back strong. as for Byron i was wondering if something was up he just never looked strong on his skates this year and that is his #1 attribute!

Drouin had wrist surgery & will be out approx. 8 weeks.

Byron had knee surgery & will be out approx. 4 weeks. 

Mete out two weeks.

Kinkaid not at practice. Speculation is he's been waived but I don't know if this is true or not yet.

16 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Mete out two weeks.

Kinkaid no at practice. Speculation is he's been waived but I don't know if this is true or not yet. at practice.

Confirmed, he's been waived. Speculation is that Primeau is called up.

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Mete out two weeks.

Kinkaid not at practice. Speculation is he's been waived but I don't know if this is true or not yet.

I understand he's been waived so he can get some playing time in Laval. Apparently confidence, not skill/ability, is the issue.  

26 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I understand he's been waived so he can get some playing time in Laval. Apparently confidence, not skill/ability, is the issue.  

Yes... the issue is "confidence." Not that our defensive zone presence is really, really, really terrible.

5 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Mete out two weeks.

The team announced earlier on Monday that defenceman Victor Mete will miss at least two weeks with an ankle injury.

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

Any word on how long JK is expected to miss?

Its a concussion so its tough to say - best case a couple more games.  

They havent put him on the IR yet so i think the hope is that he passes the week threshold & is ok to go this weekend.   Whatever they do, hopefully he isnt rushed. I dont think the team would do that but a lot of players lie about symptoms (not having them) so they can get back in the game. 

Just now, maas_art said:

Its a concussion so its tough to say. Best case a couple more games but always tough to say.  They havent put him on the IR yet so i think the hope is that he passes the week threshold & is ok to go this weekend.   Whatever they do, hopefully he isnt rushed. I dont think the team would do that but a  lot players lie about symptoms (not having them) so they can get back in the game. 

Yeah, I suspect it could go either way with JK ... tell the truth so you're 100% coming back and trying to get out of the sophomore blues ... or lie and come back sooner to try and et out of the sophomore blues :P

Haven't heard an update on Peca's injury but JK was placed on the IR list today so it looks like it may be awhile.

I imagine we should be getting an update on Byron soon. Has to be close to that 4 weeks 

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Haven't heard an update on Peca's injury but JK was placed on the IR list today so it looks like it may be awhile.

I imagine we should be getting an update on Byron soon. Has to be close to that 4 weeks 

on the one hand Im upset JK is on the IR because obviously it means more missed games but on the other Im happy because this means they are not taking any chances. I always worry when a guy gets a concussion & comes back the 1st day he's eligible. Sure, its possible it was nothing but look how many times guys have rushed back & had much more severe injuries because of it.  You can rush a separated shoulder or something but head injuries need to be taken very seriously.