Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

2019-2020 Injury Thread

182 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

on the one hand Im upset JK is on the IR because obviously it means more missed games but on the other Im happy because this means they are not taking any chances. I always worry when a guy gets a concussion & comes back the 1st day he's eligible. Sure, its possible it was nothing but look how many times guys have rushed back & had much more severe injuries because of it.  You can rush a separated shoulder or something but head injuries need to be taken very seriously. 

I agree completely and they should take their time with him. He's only 19 and should have a long career , hopefully leading the Habs to several Stanley Cups!

Matthew Peca exited Tuesday's game in Pittsburgh with a lower-boy injury and is questionable to play tonight.

I expected an upper body injury on that mugging. Little surprised. He looked groggy leaving the ice but i suppose that could have been because he was unsteady on his feet.

Kotkaniemi on IR now ... which is a bummer, because if his concussion is that bad, it could be career affecting

On 12/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, H_T_L said:

Matthew Peca exited Tuesday's game in Pittsburgh with a lower-boy injury and is questionable to play tonight.

I expected an upper body injury on that mugging. Little surprised. He looked groggy leaving the ice but i suppose that could have been because he was unsteady on his feet.

Peca out estimated six weeks for Canadiens with knee injury

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

A sprain?  

1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

A sprain?  

Just said knee injury. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Hopefully we get through this stretch all right and then finish the season into the playoffs healthy!

12 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Hopefully we get through this stretch all right and then finish the season into the playoffs healthy!

With Peca out and Poehling sent down, Byron might be back for Sat. JMHO.

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

With Peca out and Poehling sent down, Byron might be back for Sat. JMHO.

Youd have to think so. Seems weird to send him down unless they were pretty sure Byron would be back. 

So RDS says no Byron just yet but Mete and KK are coming along nice and should be with the team on the next road trip.

KK is skating with a non-contact jersey.

Byron is now week to week, and Armia (hand injury) is also week to week, as per TSN. 

Armia being out is going to hurt us he is the only player with real size and that kind of puck control that we have.

Byron is now week to week, and Armia (hand injury) is also week to week, as per TSN. 

But Kotkaniemi is cleared to play and will return against TB. Where is your good news?

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Armia being out is going to hurt us he is the only player with real size and that kind of puck control that we have.

Yeah, not really anyone to replace what he does. Poehling would be the next best thing IMO.

I imagine Drouin is about 2 to 3 weeks away also. I think he had his surgery on Nov 18th and they said 8 weeks.

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

But Kotkaniemi is cleared to play and will return against TB. Where is your good news?

The good news thread is down the hall. :frech1:

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I imagine Drouin is about 2 to 3 weeks away also. I think he had his surgery on Nov 18th and they said 8 weeks.

Julien today said the 8 week timeline was the optimistic end of the spectrum and that the estimate was always "8-10 weeks." So we can expect that he's somewhere in that 2-4 week range from being back if all goes according to plan. His cast is off, for what it's worth, but he's not back on the ice yet.

Byron's definitely had a setback, given that his estimate was 4 weeks and we're way past that.

Julien confirms Gallagher suffered a concussion at Carolina on Tuesday.

39 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Julien confirms Gallagher suffered a concussion at Carolina on Tuesday.

Painful.

I hope his loss isn't missed too badly, but... without a doubt, we're a different team without him.

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Painful.

I hope his loss isn't missed too badly, but... without a doubt, we're a different team without him.

NHL.com says he is out indefinitely.  

Both Jonathan Drouin and Joel Armia hit the ice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard before team practice on Mon., and both players were in full gear which is a great sign. 

It usually means that the players should start practicing with the team in the next couple of days. 

Both Jonathan Drouin and Joel Armia hit the ice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard before team practice on Mon., and both players were in full gear which is a great sign. 

It usually means that the players should start practicing with the team in the next couple of days. 

Really great news!

I hope so. Would love to have both of those guys back in the lineup!

So Gally Drouin Armia skating looks like Gally could play tuesday. we are a different team with them on the ice.