The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs — Round 2

46 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I see Marchand jabbed someone in the back of the head while they were on their knees. Not hard enough to injure the guy, but a dirty play all the same. Anyone think he'll face discipline for this?

Shot to the head and repeat offender. He should IMO.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Shot to the head and repeat offender. He should IMO.

Its unlikely as it was more of a nuisance than anything else however if I were the Jackets coach I would publicly speak out to the league about Marchand by going to the media ans saying "if he continues to go out and do this kind of stuff a player will snap and probably end Marchand's career". That being said I think he should get disciplined for the cross-check to the guys face earlier in the game, if Kadri got the series for a similar play so should Marchand albiet it was not a vicious as the Kadri one but none the less still to the face and a repeat offender.

26 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Its unlikely as it was more of a nuisance than anything else however if I were the Jackets coach I would publicly speak out to the league about Marchand by going to the media ans saying "if he continues to go out and do this kind of stuff a player will snap and probably end Marchand's career". That being said I think he should get disciplined for the cross-check to the guys face earlier in the game, if Kadri got the series for a similar play so should Marchand albiet it was not a vicious as the Kadri one but none the less still to the face and a repeat offender.

There is a different rule book for the Bruins.