The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs — Round 3 (Conference Finals)

habs_93

If  anyone is interested in what the NHL had to say on the Sharks hand pass, here' an article on it. Colin Campbell was on SN:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-admits-it-missed-hand-pass-that-led-to-sharks-ot-winner-reportedly-removes-all-four-officials-from-playoffs/

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

If  anyone is interested in what the NHL had to say on the Sharks hand pass, here' an article on it. Colin Campbell was on SN:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-admits-it-missed-hand-pass-that-led-to-sharks-ot-winner-reportedly-removes-all-four-officials-from-playoffs/

at least they did " something"...........I still say that they ( whoever "they" are) should have reveiwed it right then....possibly giving the game a proper outcome, and saving 4 zebras from unemployment ..albeit temporary

1 minute ago, HARBORSPORT said:

at least they did " something"...........I still say that they ( whoever "they" are) should have reveiwed it right then....possibly giving the game a proper outcome, and saving 4 zebras from unemployment ..albeit temporary

They can't do anything about changes the rules during the POS, but they can do something about it next year. 

12 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

I don't agree with removing the refs from the PO's cause they missed a call, albeit and game changing call but that's part of the game and unless they review every play calls are going to get missed and some will result in goals and some will change the outcome of the game it is a fast game and refs are trying to watch everyone and everything all the time. The real solution is just to make all goals automatically reviewed by Toronto or video goal judge to ensure the goals are scored within the rules. Change the system and rules don't punish those you handicap by them

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't agree with removing the refs from the PO's cause they missed a call, albeit and game changing call but that's part of the game and unless they review every play calls are going to get missed and some will result in goals and some will change the outcome of the game it is a fast game and refs are trying to watch everyone and everything all the time. The real solution is just to make all goals automatically reviewed by Toronto or video goal judge to ensure the goals are scored within the rules. Change the system and rules don't punish this you handicap by them

:6280:

12 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't agree with removing the refs from the PO's cause they missed a call, albeit and game changing call but that's part of the game and unless they review every play calls are going to get missed and some will result in goals and some will change the outcome of the game it is a fast game and refs are trying to watch everyone and everything all the time. The real solution is just to make all goals automatically reviewed by Toronto or video goal judge to ensure the goals are scored within the rules. Change the system and rules don't punish this you handicap by them

SN did a piece where they looked at where the 4 officials were in relation to the hand pass, and none of them could see it. 

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

SN did a piece where they looked at where the 4 officials were in relation to the hand pass, and none of them could see it. 

I get they were not in great position but with 1o guys and a goalie constantly fighting for space your not going to see everything that's wht all goals should be reviewed by the video team for a violation of the rules. Even if you just review all goals scored in the last 2 minutes it would validate the results while not slowing the game down too much

52 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I get they were not in great position but with 1o guys and a goalie constantly fighting for space your not going to see everything that's wht all goals should be reviewed by the video team for a violation of the rules. Even if you just review all goals scored in the last 2 minutes it would validate the results while not slowing the game down too much

Yup. 

I believe at this point with all that has gone on is this seasons playoffs, the GM's need to allow all goals to be reviewed during the playoffs. During the playoffs it's most important to get it correct. The NFL already does all scoring in the last two minutes and all scoring in the playoffs already. Toronto has all network and rink angles and feeds which the refs and general public doesn't. It's time with the technology to get it correct at least for all goals during the playoffs.