H_T_L

2019-20 State Of The Habs

2,806 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

That may be, but, IMO, CJ will have him on the 3rd pairing and he won't give him the ice time that Romanov would need to surpass the of the other 2. 

I actually wouldnt be surprised to see him start next to Weber.   Im sure they will try him there during training camp.  I think they'll give him a shot. I think if he makes any mistakes (as young players are prone to do) he'll quickly be moved down, but if he can capitalize on his chance, he might do quite well. 

53 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Surprised he'd accept 2 way.  I know he doesnt have much bargaining power but youd think if he was sent down he'd like to make the same $$. 

Pretty sure he has to pass through waivers now so I doubt they send him down unless they are ok with losing him. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Surprised he'd accept 2 way.  I know he doesnt have much bargaining power but youd think if he was sent down he'd like to make the same $$. 

Pretty sure he has to pass through waivers now so I doubt they send him down unless they are ok with losing him. 

So unfortunate what happened injury-wise, I really liked Juulsen when he made the team and thought he'd be a keeper. Still hoping he can stay healthy, but that freak injury is just a major concern.

Edited by ChiLla

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

So unfortunate what happened injury-wise, I really liked Juulsen when he made the team and thought he'd be a keeper. Still hoping he can stay healthy, but that freak injury is just a major concern.

Agree.  I think he still has the skills to be a #3-5 dman.  The big issue is that it came at such a critical stage in his development. hopefully he can continue to grow this year. 

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson

Tatar - JK/Danault - Gallagher

Lekhonen - Danault/JK - Armia

Is probably the best top 9 we've had since the early 90s.   Every player (especially if JK makes the move to 2nd line full time) is in a position they are suited for.  This is kind of exciting.  Too bad I am still worried about our LD situation. 

52 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson

Tatar - JK/Danault - Gallagher

Lekhonen - Danault/JK - Armia

Is probably the best top 9 we've had since the early 90s.   Every player (especially if JK makes the move to 2nd line full time) is in a position they are suited for.  This is kind of exciting.  Too bad I am still worried about our LD situation. 

I don't think our LD is bad it could use some more skill though. but i agree the rest of the team has a balance we have not seen in a long time!

2 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

I don't think our LD is bad it could use some more skill though. but i agree the rest of the team has a balance we have not seen in a long time!

If Romanov works out then we're ok. I just worry that we have a whole bunch of guys who can play 2nd and 3r pairs but really no one who can handle the rigors of #1LD game in, game out.   Chairot, Edmundson, Kulak, Mete, Romanov - all quality NHLers - but are any really capable of sustained high quality play for 24+ minutes a night?

Also of major importance: Weber would  almost certainly be more effective with a true top pairing guy (rather than having to carry someone like Mete or Chairot).  So if Romanov is indeed that guy, then great - everyone else falls into place - but for now, Im somewhat concerned.  Not as much as I was going into the last... what, 3 years? but still not convinced that position is up to snuff.