H_T_L

2019-20 State Of The Habs

2,757 posts in this topic

It's official,,, the NHL has suspended all games, as per TSN. 

Season is officially over …..no Stanley Soup for you ...the 2020 ring on the Cup will only say "No Stanley Cup awarded " ...it won't say anything about our dismal year or the Bruins getting 100 pts or Toronto in the playoff hunt ...

To be expected, and certainly the right decision.

Nothing on NHL.com ... got a link for the TSN article?   Most recent talks about practices and that's it

2 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Nothing on NHL.com ... got a link for the TSN article?   Most recent talks about practices and that's it

TSN has an official statement from the NHL and Bettman. Not sure why it's not on NHL.com yet.

And with that, Montreal's disappointing 2019-20 comes to an end. Clean out the lockers, boys. Let's get ready for the Bergevin/Molson wheel of excuses media conference in the next few days.

I doubt that we'll even get that much - the fact that the season is just "temporarily" suspended means that they probably won't schedule any end-of-season stuff.  My guess is that they'll probably just let it go and hope that everyone's forgotten about it by the time the cancelled season becomes official.  Lets them avoid all of those pesky questions.

3 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I doubt that we'll even get that much - the fact that the season is just "temporarily" suspended means that they probably won't schedule any end-of-season stuff.  My guess is that they'll probably just let it go and hope that everyone's forgotten about it by the time the cancelled season becomes official.  Lets them avoid all of those pesky questions.

Talk about prolonging the pain... the team clearly just wants to play out the season and now they have to wait to do that!

3 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Draft in an empty arena?

TSN TV was talking about that earlier.  

58 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TSN TV was talking about that earlier.  

Probably do a conference call draft if things aren't under control by then

7 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

TSN has an official statement from the NHL and Bettman. Not sure why it's not on NHL.com yet.

And with that, Montreal's disappointing 2019-20 comes to an end. Clean out the lockers, boys. Let's get ready for the Bergevin/Molson wheel of excuses media conference in the next few days.

I heard there are a few Habs just dying to try out their new golf clubs. 

12 hours ago, habs1952 said:

A few? I imagine most of them are looking forward to an early season ending.

I know that it‘s the right decision but man, I never realized how much time I‘m spending on watching/attending/following sports. I do now since all leagues I‘m interested in have shut down, kinda boring and Netflix only takes you so far. I hope you guys are all right though, be safe ✌🏻

It feels weird not seeing the Habs lose a game.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:14 PM, habs1952 said:

How can they if the courses are closed due to corona virus?

On 3/14/2020 at 0:49 PM, habs1952 said:

It feels weird not seeing the Habs lose a game.

Wonder how long they can carry on this unbeaten streak :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

How can they if the courses are closed due to corona virus?

On a golf course you are isolated. 

The KHL has officially announced the cancellation of their playoffs and thus the end of Romanov's commitment to the league.  We should find out in the next week or so just what Romanov's intentions are for next season. My feeling is that he signs with the Canadiens and either starts the year in Laval or on the third pairing.

25 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

The KHL has officially announced the cancellation of their playoffs and thus the end of Romanov's commitment to the league.  We should find out in the next week or so just what Romanov's intentions are for next season. My feeling is that he signs with the Canadiens and either starts the year in Laval or on the third pairing.

Hope you're right ...I have a feeling this kid would  fit right in ...

25 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Interesting contact interpretation- is he contracted to represent the team even though the league is not playing and thus bound until contract expiry - e.g. May 31st or does he have that freedom to walk exit and negotiate a contract now as you have assumed above 

I hope the latter and that we know soon 

1 minute ago, claremont said:

Interesting contact interpretation- is he contracted to represent the team even though the league is not playing and thus bound until contract expiry - e.g. May 31st or does he have that freedom to walk exit and negotiate a contract now as you have assumed above 

The contract from my understanding could have ended at the conclusion of the regular season if his team had not made the playoffs much like an NCAA contract does 

6 hours ago, claremont said:

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

The contract from my understanding could have ended at the conclusion of the regular season if his team had not made the playoffs much like an NCAA contract does 

Yeah, reporting seems to indicate that because the playoffs are canceled, the "league year" has ended today, meaning all players on expiring contracts are free agents.

Jesse Ylonen signs entry level contract - nice!

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Jesse Ylonen signs entry level contract - nice!

yep... I have no problem signing a Finn …..maybe in 4 years we'll get Aho