H_T_L

2019-20 State Of The Habs

2,806 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

"posted a 9-17-3 record with a .907 save percentage and a 2.77 goals-against average"

I don't know anything about the KHL but i hope he was on a bad team with that record.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-reach-deal-with-khl-g-vasili-demchenko-1.1468362

He played on the 13th place team in a league of 24 teams so yeah they were bad. The other goalie on the team had a 18-20-6 record but is 37 with a 1.94 GAA and .933 S%

further to the above statement Demchenko's record the year before was 21-18-7 with a 2.20 GAA and .932 S% where it was said he carried a very weak team on his back into the playoffs. Also his lowest numbers in the KHL are his rookie season of 14\15 he went 7-7-4 in 18 games with a 2.51 GAA and .912 S%. I hope he will return to his previous form and at the very least be a good backup however his numbers suggest he could be a guy that splits time in the net with Price with career numbers of 2.37 GAA and a .925 S% over 212 games in 7 years. He seems like a guy that can get the job done effectively IF Price were to go down due to injury.

6 hours ago, campabee82 said:

He played on the 13th place team in a league of 24 teams so yeah they were bad. The other goalie on the team had a 18-20-6 record but is 37 with a 1.94 GAA and .933 S%

Shoulda signed the other goalie! :4224:

Gallagher did an interview that was released today where he stated the most important factor in where he signs as a UFA will be ensuring that he's going to a "winning team with a chance to compete for the Cup every year." He said he has confidence Montreal can win and that he likes the young guys like Suzuki who are coming up through the system. He says money is definitely important and playing in the right city is important, but he says if a team isn't looking like a contender, that would be a factor that trumps everything else.

25 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Gallagher did an interview that was released today where he stated the most important factor in where he signs as a UFA will be ensuring that he's going to a "winning team with a chance to compete for the Cup every year." He said he has confidence Montreal can win and that he likes the young guys like Suzuki who are coming up through the system. He says money is definitely important and playing in the right city is important, but he says if a team isn't looking like a contender, that would be a factor that trumps everything else.

That means next year’s team will determine his stay or go - Gally is a heart and soul character leader and mgmt should make strong efforts to keep him. He will depart if we aren’t competitive in the playoffs next year and who could blame him for that outlook 

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Yeah, he's gonna be 28 in a few days so his time to win a cup is running out. 

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Yeah, he's gonna be 28 in a few days so his time to win a cup is running out. 

So, he'll be leaving us? :P

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

So, he'll be leaving us? :P

I would not be surprised. Do you think Carey Price is doing cartwheels because he's still a Hab? 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

I would not be surprised. Do you think Carey Price is doing cartwheels because he's still a Hab? 

I think he's part of the fabric and will stick with his team , same with Gallagher ...Cap space and term are something entirely different and in the hands of management 

The sad part is, the cap space may change, but the make up of the team under Bergevin is doomed to remain the same

On 4/24/2020 at 2:27 PM, arpem-can said:

I think he's part of the fabric and will stick with his team , same with Gallagher ...Cap space and term are something entirely different and in the hands of management 

Of course he's part of the fabric of the team but do you think he signs for 8 years back in 2017 knowing what he knows now? I don't think he does which leads me to believe Gallagher will be gone. I'll also hazard a guess that Gallagher winds up in Vancouver.

22 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Of course he's part of the fabric of the team but do you think he signs for 8 years back in 2017 knowing what he knows now? I don't think he does which leads me to believe Gallagher will be gone. I'll also hazard a guess that Gallagher winds up in Vancouver.

Yeah actually I do think he signs that deal in 2017 knowing what he knows today ...the fan only wants the Cup (what fan doesn't ? ) ..the player wants stability and consistency for their families and  in their mind a shot at the Cup….if they believe the team has an upside and talent in the system to win they  sign that contract every time...I'm just saying if a player doesn't win the Cup in a given year (and 30 teams worth of players go home empty -handed every year ) it's not the end of the world like it is to a fan . 

Well here it is the last week of April and we could still be in the hunt for a Cup depending on what they decide to do. I think the odds on that happening though are not good at all.

7 hours ago, arpem-can said:

Yeah actually I do think he signs that deal in 2017 knowing what he knows today ...the fan only wants the Cup (what fan doesn't ? ) ..the player wants stability and consistency for their families and  in their mind a shot at the Cup….if they believe the team has an upside and talent in the system to win they  sign that contract every time...I'm just saying if a player doesn't win the Cup in a given year (and 30 teams worth of players go home empty -handed every year ) it's not the end of the world like it is to a fan . 

I find it hard to believe a player couldn't provide stability and consistency signing for 60 - 70 million somewhere else if they had a chance to win a cup. 

17 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I find it hard to believe a player couldn't provide stability and consistency signing for 60 - 70 million somewhere else if they had a chance to win a cup. 

So the opposite is true as well ...like I said maybe he feels he has a chance and they're building towards something or maybe he has allegiance to his teammates and maybe he already has the 60-70 million in stability in his hand to go along with a family-based routine he doesn't want to disrupt ….or maybe his wife is happy where she is and the kids have a school she trusts...there are lots of reasons a player would want to stay in Montreal too 

On 4/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, arpem-can said:

I kind of feel the same way. 

I think that Gallagher wants to stay, thinks there's some good pieces here (and there are) but this i also a not-so-subtle way to say to MB that he expects him to do more work. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I kind of feel the same way. 

I think that Gallagher wants to stay, thinks there's some good pieces here (and there are) but this i also a not-so-subtle way to say to MB that he expects him to do more work. 

This exactly this with Price last season and Gallagher now this year the team is saying we have goid chemistry and a great supporting cast now it's all up to you find us those one or two elite players that push us over the top now or we will be request8ng a trade soon

Canadiens sign forward Arsen Khisamutdinov to two-year contract

40 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Ya, 1G, 2A, with about 10 mins. of TOI per game, in 31 GP. Just what we need. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Who? 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Who? 

6th round pick last year 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, 1G, 2A, with about 10 mins. of TOI per game, in 31 GP. Just what we need. :rolleyes:

Not saying he deserved the signing just a quote from eyes on the prize

"While his offense in the KHL may not look like much, it was Khisamutdinov’s time with the Reaktor Nizhnekamsk of the MHL that have made him an attractive pick for the Montreal Canadiens. In his draft year, Khisamutdinov recorded 55 points in 41 games and 13 points in 14 games the following year in the VHL."

If he can tap into some of the offense he would be a good player for the Rocket

Three-year entry-level contract for Romanov. Not sure on any other details.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Three-year entry-level contract for Romanov. Not sure on any other details.

Yup. Good news.  EOTP is reporting that its possible, if the season resumes, he could actually join us immediately but more likely would be fall (assuming next season isnt affected too!)

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/transactions-signings-trades/2020/5/8/21130148/alexander-romanov-signs-montreal-canadiens-roster-news-defence-entry-level-contract-cska-khl-russia

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yup. Good news.  EOTP is reporting that its possible, if the season resumes, he could actually join us immediately but more likely would be fall (assuming next season isnt affected too!)

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/transactions-signings-trades/2020/5/8/21130148/alexander-romanov-signs-montreal-canadiens-roster-news-defence-entry-level-contract-cska-khl-russia

yeah good news, at least we know he will be part of the team which allows us to keep looking at other options.