H_T_L

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

Olofsson returned to Laval today. Which is a very good thing. Cannot have a guy playing only 6 minutes a game. Forcing Weber and Chariot to play 30. That will not work over a long period of time.

Which is odd, because I thought he played decently enough to get more ice time ... maybe they're afraid he'd blow his shoulder out again.

Just now, HabsAlways said:

Which is odd, because I thought he played decently enough to get more ice time ... maybe they're afraid he'd blow his shoulder out again.

Overall, he didn't seem out of place. Maybe that's because our D has been pretty weak all season. The rotating door of defenders at LD continues, I guess. Maybe Folin will get back into the lineup.

3 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Overall, he didn't seem out of place. Maybe that's because our D has been pretty weak all season. The rotating door of defenders at LD continues, I guess. Maybe Folin will get back into the lineup.

Yeah im surprised how little confidence Julien seemed to have in him.  He wasnt a revelation or anything but considered he got less ice time in his combined games than Weber gets in one, its not like we really saw what he was capable of.   

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

you have to wonder, especially considering we have mcniven playing lights out in the ECHL. 

And not getting any game time. Apparently he's been kind of "frozen out" because Philadelphia has too many goaltenders (McNiven playing with Philadelphia's ECHL affiliate as far as I understand). I wouldn't mind if we found a way to deal Lindgren or Kinkaid to be honest.

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Yeah im surprised how little confidence Julien seemed to have in him.  He wasnt a revelation or anything but considered he got less ice time in his combined games than Weber gets in one, its not like we really saw what he was capable of.   

Wasn't like there was any glaring problems in his game or obvious mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

And not getting any game time. Apparently he's been kind of "frozen out" because Philadelphia has too many goaltenders (McNiven playing with Philadelphia's ECHL affiliate as far as I understand). I wouldn't mind if we found a way to deal Lindgren or Kinkaid to be honest.

I'll be blunt .. McNiven was undrafted and hasnt shown in the AHL that he even has the potential to be an NHL backup ... there's a reason he's in the ECHL rather than the AHL. 

Lindgren seems to have regressed so far as to be in the same boat as McNiven.   And Kinkaid, well ... 

So realistically if Kinkaid doesn't refind his game, we have no backup goalie unless the plan is to have Primeau backup price and play 15-20 of the rest of the games.   

2 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I may be one of a few but I loved the Subban for Weber trade the day it happened.

What I hated the most about the PK trade was that our GM chose to appease his then coach (MT) over a popular player in Montreal. rather then dump an unpopular Therrien. PK is having a down year with a poor team so it's still debateable if we got the better of the deal in the long run. His value was high when we traded him and I personally still think the return should have been more,,, but management and coach made sure they took every opportunity to downplay his value.

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

I may be one of a few but I loved the Subban for Weber trade the day it happened.

well you can count me on that list ...I loved the trade as well from the get-go ...tougher ,more protection for Price , one of the best shots in the league , a leader no nonsense guy ...I liked Subby but not the individualistic "brand " thing despite what he did and still does for the kids  in Montreal ...and I think Weber has lots left in the tank and is going nowhere ..it ought to  be recognized by the Bergy naysayers as a significant trade that  worked out for the better 

31 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

some stats since the trade :  Weber 190 games / plus 36 / goals 46 /assists  68 / ppg .6 / ppg 21 /ppa 17 / gwg 10

Subban 238 games /plus 3  / goals 37 / assists 98 / ppg .57 / ppg 10 /ppa 41 / gwg 6   

I thought Subban for Weber was a good trade made at the right time.

I watched Subban for years and my wife had an insightful comment when we were driving home from one of his games........she said "Wouldn't it be great if PK played for all the visiting teams, that way we would get all the excitement without the downsides"

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Dont look now but Weber is 5th in scoring by a dman, 2nd in goals and on pace for his best offensive season ever.  

It is pretty impressive. i was a fan of the trade but i would be shocked if PK just faded away i am sure he will turn it around he is too good of a player to have the stats he does now.

2 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

I keep hearing rumblings of MTL being in the talk to acquire Taylor Hall, not sure what it would take although we do have a ton of draft picks this year.  I am on the fence with this as ever team Hall has played for has been a disaster.  Whats everyone else think??

It could be argued that every team he's been was a disaster despite him ... having said that, I don't think he's as good as the myth around him.   He is injury prone, has only scored 30+ goals once in his career,  career averaging about 28g 46a 74p per year ... so he'd easily be our best forward, and our best LW .but I also don't think he's a franchise player ... elite yes, franchise no. 

The real question is what would we have to give up for him?   I fear MB would mortgage too much of the future on a rental.    Now if it was a sign and trade for a reasonable contract and the price wasn't too high ... maybe.

12 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

It could be argued that every team he's been with was a disaster despite him ... having said that, I don't think he's as good as the myth around him.   He is injury prone, has only scored 30+ goals once in his career,  career averaging about 28g 46a 74p per year ... so he'd easily be our best forward, and our best LW .but I also don't think he's a franchise player ... elite yes, franchise no. 

The real question is what would we have to give up for him?   I fear MB would mortgage too much of the future on a rental.    Now if it was a sign and trade for a reasonable contract and the price wasn't too high ... maybe.

oops quoted myself :P

Anybody been keeping up with the Hawks this year? I keep reading that MB has been scouting their games. One name I’d be interested in is Keith. He doesn’t look to be having his best season so far, and is definitely getting up there in age. But would make for a reasonable short term answer for our top LD? For the next couple of seasons at least. Not sure how much he has left on his contract, but I believe the $$$ aren’t outrageous. Really depends on how he has actually been playing, despite the disappointing numbers. Is it a “him” problem, or a “Hawks” problem? Because as a whole they seem to be in a bit of a tailspin...

• H_T_L locked this topic