Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

2020 NHL Draft

166 posts in this topic

Book your hotel rooms now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if I can swing a free work paid trip at the end of June next year! :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I wonder if I can swing a free work paid trip at the end of June next year! :D

I'll put in a good word for you. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was that guy we drafted the last time the draft was in Montreal?

Exactly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

TANK for Lafrreniere! 

TANK TANK TANK

it seems that every year a member wants us to tank. I'll ask you this,,,, our window is closing fast, so, when do you think that we can get to the 2nd-3rd Rd? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

TANK for Lafrreniere! 

TANK TANK TANK

I'm guessing probably a joke. Tanking even if you get the first overall one player doesn't put you over the top without a team around them. Darn the Oilers win the cup again!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already considering getting tickets, only 6 hrs from Toronto to Mtl so well worth the trip.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

it seems that every year a member wants us to tank. I'll ask you this,,,, our window is closing fast, so, when do you think that we can get to the 2nd-3rd Rd? 

You missed my sarcasm.    There were Montreal journalist's implying we should last year ... or that we should sell the farm to ensure we got the 1st overall.   They really want a potentially franchise french canadian you see.

With the draft lottery there really is no point in tanking anymore ... you could finish last overall and still end up picking 5th.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

You missed my sarcasm.    There were Montreal journalist's implying we should last year ... or that we should sell the farm to ensure we got the 1st overall.   They really want a potentially franchise french canadian you see.

With the draft lottery there really is no point in tanking anymore ... you could finish last overall and still end up picking 5th.

My bad. :rolleyes:. I missed it. Sry. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

My bad. :rolleyes:. I missed it. Sry. 

 

You need one of these: HiZoSnav_Dz6o1QtZ4t-4QJ17uRczXM5s39_IXgy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

You need one of these: HiZoSnav_Dz6o1QtZ4t-4QJ17uRczXM5s39_IXgy

Ya, ya, ya, :P

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read something from Twitter:

 "Too bad the Habs will be picking 31" 

Now that's confidence. :4224:

"You know what to do, Bergevin. Trade the entire team for the first overall pick. Do it."

"Lafreniere better pull a Lindros if we dont get the first overall. "

 

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

"You know what to do, Bergevin. Trade the entire team for the first overall pick. Do it."

 

Easy!  Trade a player to each team for their 1st round pick next year.  Problem solved. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How we get tickets for the NHL draft? How about someone of us living the full experience. Going even to the hotels. Having some scouting connections. Doing us an long analysis. Contacting the NHL media relations. Having a badge. Being informed from all the prospects. I mean quite the prospects which the Habs gonna be probably interested to draft them. Every little and big details. Their nonverbal. How they act. How they train. How they speak. How they're. How they answer to the questions. How they interacting. How they etcetera, you know... 

It'll be a show for real. The vibes and ambiance there as always. It must be a tradition. It's the hockey town to make that clear... A lot of pressure on our shoulders. Montreal media opinions should be not over the Montreal official scouts opinions. We must take the maximum of best players available (BPA). We mustn't take the maximum of bust players available (BPA).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be the highlight of the year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Could be the highlight of the year.

Running out of other options, unless they fire Bergevin and end his miserable reign.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Could be the highlight of the year.

At least there would be some decent GM’s in the arena.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

At least there would be some decent GM’s in the arena.

I would hope we would have one by then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H_T_L said:

I would hope we would have one by then.

I’m not holding my breath.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, HabsAlways said:

TANK for Lafrreniere! 

TANK TANK TANK

When I posted this back in June ... it was a joke

Looking at it now ... its not a joke

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I would hope we would have one by then.

Worth noting: No matter who our GM is. Come draft day and we have the first overall pick, we'll get the Alexis Lafreniere kid. I mean, literally ANYONE could be our GM and that's the pick that will happen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Worth noting: No matter who our GM is. Come draft day and we have the first overall pick, we'll get the Alexis Lafreniere kid. I mean, literally ANYONE could be our GM and that's the pick that will happen.

Yup ... if we have the 1st overall, its a no brainer.     Its the rest of the picks, or if we're not drafting 1st overall, that MB will screw up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, I don't see us dropping that low and actually getting a top 5 pick. Chances are we're not going on a third 8-game losing streak and once guys come back from injury, we'll certainly see better results. So I'm expecting us to pick somewhere in the #6-12 range, similar to the year we got Sergachev. It's still very early but there seem to be a bunch of centers available in this year's draft and not that many Dmen, especially LHDs. If we go BPA, should we really draft another center? What if Askarov is BPA when we're up? :ph34r:

Edited by ChiLla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Realistically, I don't see us dropping that low and actually getting a top 5 pick. Chances are we're not going on a third 8-game losing streak and once guys come back from injury, we'll certainly see better results. So I'm expecting us to pick somewhere in the #6-12 range, similar to the year we got Sergachev. It's still very early but there seem to be a bunch of centers available in this year's draft and not that many Dmen, especially LHDs. If we go BPA, should we really draft another center? What if Askarov is BPA when we're up? :ph34r:

I would agree with this... odds are higher that we don't get a top-5 pick unless we win one of the lottery spots. You look at teams like Detroit, LA, Anaheim, Ottawa, etc. and it's hard to see them finishing ahead of us in the long run. Add Drouin, Armia, and Gallagher back to the mix of players we have, and we'll probably be a .500 to .520 hockey team post-ASG, which maybe gives you a 6-12 pick like you said. That's no man's land in terms of your plan long-term. Picking there means you're not good now, nor are you adding an impact player to chance your franchise long run. For me, it's another reason why it makes sense to trade, say, Tatar and at least one of Weber or Petry by the end of January.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.