The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2020 NHL Draft

kinot-2

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Best comparables for Lafreniere and Stutzle are, for me, Huberdeau and Barzal respectively. Not sure one is clearly better than the other, but Lafreniere has got all the hype and Stutzle comes from Germany.

I get that - and there's never any guarantees even with "generational talent' (Daigle was widely touted as a generational player & Pronger was a very distant second) but even if you are NY and you think you need a centre, you draft that player & trade him (while the hype is still high) or trade the pick imho. 

Just now, maas_art said:

I get that - and there's never any guarantees even with "generational talent' (Daigle was widely touted as a generational player & Pronger was a very distant second) but even if you are NY and you think you need a centre, you draft that player & trade him (while the hype is still high) or trade the pick imho. 

Where I think Lafreniere wins is that he's the "safer" pick. Better chance of adapting to the NHL, better chance of not being a flop, and less criticism for making that choice.

So far, have to ecstatic if you're a fan of one of these teams:

- Ottawa... Stutzle has star written all over him and this re-build (with a bit of luck) is going very well. I liked Drysdale better than Sanderson but still another great pick at 5.

- Anaheim having Drysdale fall to them.

- Winnipeg now having a potential top 5 player in Perfetti fall to them.

- Buffalo with Quinn. They picked him above where most people had him ranked but man does this guy have a great release. Very Patrick Kane-like with his shot.

• H_T_L locked this topic