The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2020 NHL Draft

kinot-2

On 03/10/2020 at 0:06 PM, electron58 said:

There's this. Fisher's 9th. Annual 2020 Mock Draft  https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nhl-mock-draft-team-results-fisher/

Lapierre projected @   16

Holloway                @ 17

Mercer                    @ 27

Gunier                    @ 20

Jarvis                     @ 12

Amirov                   @ 22

Bourque                 @ 36

Guhle                     @ 11

Perrault                  @ 25

Reichel                  @ 31

Noted some of the players mentioned as possibilities on this forum.  Any surprises? Lapierre for a home run? or Holloway for a safe bet.

Actually, best player = Guhle?

Actually,  best player  =  Guhle.

11 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't hate this pick. I've always said I love stockpiling stud D men and I think if you can get 3-4 top-tier D men, you're set.

I was hoping for a scorer but Guhle Compared to Parayko- mean big nasty plays hard and can skate so perhaps a good safe pick - if Struble pans out on the left hand side development with his physical athleticism matching more hockey sense what a wall we would have with Romanov, Norlinder, Struble and Guhle 

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I don't get that Cal traded their 19th pic to the Rags, for 22nd and 72nd. 

Calgary has to have thought that no one is going to pick the player they want at pick 20,21 or that if they do then their next player is about the same in value, picking up a 2 picks for 1 is probably good value in this deep draft 

24 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't hate this pick. I've always said I love stockpiling stud D men and I think if you can get 3-4 top-tier D men, you're set.

He shoots left but apparently prefers playing RHD.  Will be interesting to see how the organization decides to use him. 

10 minutes ago, claremont said:

I was hoping for a scorer but Guhle Compared to Parayko- mean big nasty plays hard and can skate so perhaps a good safe pick - if Struble pans out on the left hand side development with his physical athleticism matching more hockey sense what a wall we would have with Romanov, Norlinder, Struble and Guhle 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

He shoots left but apparently prefers playing RHD.  Will be interesting to see how the organization decides to use him. 

Habs are already stockpiled at LHD as far as futures go... not only Norlinder and Romanov and Struble but also Harris and now Guhle. To a lesser extent Fairbother and Leguerrier, and of course Mete is not that old. Lots of options there.

That said, I think it's smart not to draft by positional need. Some of these guys may not pan out and if they all look good, it gives you an option to trade from a position of strength for something you want. Much better to have D men and centers loaded up in your organization than wingers, because you get more value in trades for them.

• H_T_L locked this topic