The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Canadiens have agreed to terms on a one-year, one-way contract ($1.75 million) with goaltender Keith Kinkaid.

2 minutes ago, Habby1967 said:

He likes bagels

Well that interview was underwhelming. 

Edited by kinot-2
5 minutes ago, Habby1967 said:

Reports state Begevin petitioned league to expand rosters so that the overabundance of 4th liners can be put on a 5th line.

lmao

but not fair anymore, we really have 4 good lines, even after losing Shaw

Just now, Habby1967 said:

We'll see what he does. I am not confident lol.

Well, we have 14 B2Bs this year. 

54 minutes ago, Habby1967 said:

Can he possibly be worse then what Niemi gave us last year? Don't know the guy, but if he's better then kinot, he's an upgrade on Niemi.:ph34r:

I guess they did not have the confidence in Charlie

Kinkaid’s numbers with the New Jersey Devils last season weren’t great, posting a 15-18-6 record with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .891 save percentage.

9 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

with Nemo we had "OMFG....no !!".........we have upgraded to "meh..."

:4224:

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm fine with the Kincaid signing. Before last season he seemed to be okay. Hopefully, between Lindgren, Kincaid, and McNiven... someone will be a competent back-up.

Whenever I saw him play with the Devils I thought he was actually pretty good at that time.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm fine with the Kincaid signing. Before last season he seemed to be okay. Hopefully, between Lindgren, Kincaid, and McNiven... someone will be a competent back-up.

I have complete trust in Waite.  Im sure he was consulted & if he thinks Kincade is worth the contract, then im fine with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

A serious gamble... Amongst the goalies on the free agent market, is Kinkaid a good one? Comparing to them, like to the rest... Will he fully recover from his past bad performances? Does this new start might reborn him? To be the #2 goalies of the MC it's demanding... Much than to be a #1 goalie imho. A backup doesn't have the choice to step up. Allowing us to win games fewer. Than losing games. Keeping us a chance to obtain enough points to be in a PO spot. He'll get the support of our gk coach Waite. He'll get the chance to work with our gk coach Waite. Which is a blessing in a disguise for any goalkeeper in the NHL. It's up to him, to make that short...

On 02/07/2019 at 0:03 PM, maas_art said:

I have complete trust in Waite.  Im sure he was consulted & if he thinks Kincade is worth the contract, then im fine with it. 

In Waite I trust. Like in every stuff and stuff related to his department.

On 02/07/2019 at 0:01 PM, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Whenever I saw him play with the Devils I thought he was actually pretty good at that time.

Not so bad. Not so good.

On 02/07/2019 at 10:23 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

This problem of back-up must end. Like sooner than later. If he's the solution then that's fine. If he's not the solution then we're in a big trouble. 

On 01/07/2019 at 1:34 PM, Habby1967 said:

We shall see in the camp before.

On 01/07/2019 at 9:02 PM, Regis22 said:

I guess they did not have the confidence in Charlie

Kinkaid’s numbers with the New Jersey Devils last season weren’t great, posting a 15-18-6 record with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .891 save percentage.

The Devils tanked tho. A large impact. On the record. On the goals against average. On the save percentage. On the entirety.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be one heck of a battle at training camp. Even to see who gets the two spots in Laval. They signed Lacouvee for the upcoming season as he was the best goalie there last season. So who gets the other spot Primeau, Lindgren, or McNiven. What if one of them has a better camp then Kincaid. Looking forward to see how this plays out.

37 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

Should be one heck of a battle at training camp. Even to see who gets the two spots in Laval. They signed Lacouvee for the upcoming season as he was the best goalie there last season. So who gets the other spot Primeau, Lindgren, or McNiven. What if one of them has a better camp then Kincaid. Looking forward to see how this plays out.

I actually feel like it won't be much of a battle. It's likely Kincaid's position to lose. And I don't expect Lindgren or McNiven to change anyone's mind. I think the battle will end up being for the positions in Laval.

• H_T_L locked this topic