Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Montreal City Thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ahmedou said:

Montreal city. News. Information. Travel. Help. Actuality. 

Hmmmm, on another Habs forums has "something" similar. There, there's a thread about "What to do in Montreal". Is this what you're asking? 

A lot of our members do not live or are near Montreal. I've been to Montreal 4 times. Once was going thru (on the way to N.B.) Montreal, and 3 times going to a game. Only once did I stay in a hotel. In that instance, I drove up to Mount Royal (well worth it, and not too far to drive). 

Edited by kinot-2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Hmmmm, on another Habs forums has "something" similar. There, there's a thread about "What to do in Montreal". Is this what you're asking? 

A lot of our members do not live or are near Montreal. I've been to Montreal 4 times. Once was going thru (on the way to N.B.) Montreal, and 3 times going to a game. Only once did I stay in a hotel. In that instance, I drove up to Mount Royal (well worth it, and not too far to drive). 

Montreal for newbies in other words :D The best nightlife city of Canada and NA in my humble opinon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ahmedou said:

Montreal for newbies in other words :D The best nightlife city of Canada and NA in my humble opinon. 

Uhhhhh, how would you know, unless you've been there? :rolleyes::lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Free application named MEH. Available on App Store. Available on Google Play. Choose and download your circuit. Bring along some earphones. Go to the suggested departure point in the chosen sector. Connect to the free MTL wifi network. The application offers nighttime circuits as well as daytime ones. It features many narrated points of interest and augmented reality experiences. It gives access to the associated historical context and synchronization with the projection. It indicates the places where the history of a building, museum, heritage feature, monument, person or event is told. There's an audio narration with some photos. Images or animation superimposed on real elements allowing to modify the perception of reality on the screens of the smartphones or touchscreen tablets. Immersive experience to life by recreating a real or imaginary environment that plunges the user into the heart of the action.

Their partners' circuits are CN, Molson Coors, Jacques Cartier & Champlain Bridges and Radio Canada. Tour or private tour. Techno-historical scavenger hunt for schools. Offer for tourism organizations. Offer a different kind of historical Montreal experience to customers. Virtual reality experiences. The location of terminals in Jean-Drapeau park and in Old Montreal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread seems perfect for my newb question. 

I'm taking the family to Montreal over the holidays to catch a game. What do I need to know about taking them to the morning skate? Does that happen at the Bell Centre or elsewhere? What time does the skate occur? Is there an admission fee? Etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MuddyWaterMoose said:

This thread seems perfect for my newb question. 

I'm taking the family to Montreal over the holidays to catch a game. What do I need to know about taking them to the morning skate? Does that happen at the Bell Centre or elsewhere? What time does the skate occur? Is there an admission fee? Etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, all I know is that before a game (unless it's a 2nd of a B2B) they have a pregame skate at Brossard (not sure where that is tho, but I believe it's across the river). I'm not sure if it's open to the public or not. I also don't know that if it is open to the public, whether there is a charge to get in. The skate is usually at 11 A.M.

That's about all I can tell you. Good luck and have fun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, MuddyWaterMoose said:

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations for Montreal? Preferably in the vicinity of the Bell Centre.

Last year we went to the Bell for a game, and prior to the game we went to Restaurant  Jerome Ferrer -Europea, for a meal. It was only 2 blocks north from the Bell on Rene Lesveque Blvd. I ordered Poutine, don't order that. JM2C. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...