The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Shea Weber

H_T_L

The fact he was able to play well against Edmonton tells me a couple of things:

1. He's probably not that injured, because he was clearly capable of playing better for a short stretch.

2. The Edmonton games in general were a bit rougher and the refs pretty much put their whistles away and let players grab and hit late and so on, and that tends to favor Weber, who does those things constantly. In the Flames game yesterday conversely, he got nailed for tripping when he was caught out of position. Weber needs to break the rules to mitigate the opposition's speed, so it helps him when the refs don't call anything.

22 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

The Edmonton games in general were a bit rougher and the refs pretty much put their whistles away and let players grab and hit late and so on, and that tends to favor Weber, who does those things constantly. In the Flames game yesterday conversely, he got nailed for tripping when he was caught out of position. Weber needs to break the rules to mitigate the opposition's speed, so it helps him when the refs don't call anything.

This is a great point and one that may benefit us come playoff time when players are allowed to be a bit rougher.

Mind you, based on the last 10 games or so, im not sure our playoff berth is assured... 

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This is a great point and one that may benefit us come playoff time when players are allowed to be a bit rougher.

Playoffs ? Lol

not this year . 

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Too old, too slow.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

You're posting in the Shea Weber thread, there's a thread for your own personal rant in the lounge.

You guys must know each other. Things are getting personal. 😮

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

To old, too slow.

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

You're posting in the Shea Weber thread, there's a thread for your own personal rant in the lounge.

This reminds me of that fawlty towers sketch....

5 hours ago, electron58 said:

kinot knows he's one of my favorite posters here, just couldn't resist the low-hanging fruit...

7 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

6 hours ago, electron58 said:

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Where's that spelling cop when you need him???:frech1:

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

This reminds me of that fawlty towers sketch....

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

he's looking for his reading glasses. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

spell_checker.png

16 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

kinot knows he's one of my favorite posters here, just couldn't resist the low-hanging fruit...

14 minutes ago, maas_art said:

The older you get, the lower your fruit hangs.  Or so ive heard. 

Sure, pick on the senior citizen. The old guy. :5785:

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

More Buff? So like this then?

Jets, Dustin Byfuglien Agree To Terminate His Contract

Thats brilliant!

54 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Is this confirmed? Asking for a friend...

:P

I think it depends on the initial weight of said fruit.  Velocity and mass are factors too... 

Just now, maas_art said:

Thats brilliant!

I think it depends on the initial weight of said fruit.  Velocity and mass are factors too... 

As you get older and your stomach expands it's no longer a problem because you can't see them anyways. Out of sight out of mind.:4224:

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

As you get older and your stomach expands it's no longer a problem because you can't see them anyways. Out of sight out of mind.:4224:

Bro, im talking about FRUIT - like plums and such. I have no IDEA what you're referring to on this all-ages board. :4224:

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Bro, im talking about FRUIT - like plums and such. I have no IDEA what you're referring to on this all-ages board. :4224:

I'm talking about carrying grocery bags. :ph34r:

• H_T_L locked this topic