Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Wed, Oct 9 7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Buffalo SN, RDS, TSN 690

217 posts in this topic

interesting game to watch .lots of offensive skill over in Barf town now. not sure why Reilly and Folin were in? Reilly was fair Mete made a few gaffs tonight but was not too bad. not sure why folks are so down on Webber Three games in! but whatever it is pretty much the same every season and as for Chiarot he is faster than Benn younger than Benn Hits harder than Benn and he can also get some points, i am fine with him. the issue remains at first pairing LHD i like Mete but that is not his spot the fact is Chiarot has more goals as a Hab than Mete......the first ten games of our season are going to be tough if we keep our head above water we will be just fine.

Nice comeback for the point. Couple brutal ref calls cost us the other IMO. My win streak has officially come to an end,,,, 15 and 1:(

At least i've never seen them lose in regulation.:lol:

Maybe they are reading our board. I saw Weber fake a couple shots and Armia standing in front of the net a couple times on the PP.. Will wonders never cease. Was a fun game but had a couple real loud Sabre fans behind me. My ears hurt a little.:lol:  Tons of red jerseys at the game as usual.

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Nice comeback for the point. Couple brutal ref calls cost us the other IMO. My win streak has officially come to an end,,,, 15 and 1:(

Maybe they are reading our board. I saw Weber fake a couple shots and Armia standing in front of the net a couple times on the PP.. Will wonders never cease. Was a fun game but had a couple real loud Sabre fans behind me. My ears hurt a little.:lol:  Tons of red jerseys at the game as usual.

nice! i bet it was a fun time!

1 minute ago, ramcharger440 said:

nice! i bet it was a fun time!

The comeback had the place rocking. I'd say 30% Hab fans. Tons of empty seats though upper bowl. It was entertaining and i expected us to comeback in it. Pity we couldn't get the 2nd point. Kinkaid made some nice saves but also let in a couple i'm pretty sure would have been routine saves for Price. At least he's no Niemi.:lol:

39 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

We may have lost, but, at least we got a point. IMO, your streak is intact. A moint is a moint. :P

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

We may have lost, but, at least we got a point. IMO, your streak is intact. A moint is a moint. :P

It's a little tainted but the streak did have one or two ties in it prior to the implementation of  OT and the shootout. Back in the old days they didn't break ties unless it was the playoffs. Some of us are old enough to remember that.:lol: As you pointed out,,,, my point streak is still alive.:4322:

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

50th anniversary for the Sabres tonight, so they should be doing something for it. 

Not a hell of a lot. A few old video tributes

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Note to Armia: Both of your goals tonight came within 5-feet of the net.

You bet. Usually no mans land for him on the PP. I have no issue using him if he actually tries to go to the net on PP's

11 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It's a little tainted but the streak did have one or two ties in it prior to the implementation of  OT and the shootout. Back in the old days they didn't break ties unless it was the playoffs. Some of us are old enough to remember that.:lol: As you pointed out,,,, my point streak is still alive.:4322:

Like you,the games I've been to Habs games (3 in Det., 2 in TO, and 3 in Montreal), we have never lost, it's either win or tie, so I consider those victories.:)

Edited by kinot-2

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Like you, I've been to whenever I've been to Habs games (3 in Det., 2 in TO, and 3 in Montreal), we have never lost, it's either win or tie, so I consider those victories.:)

You should do a Sabre game. They actually don't hate us that much in there, and like us,,,,, they hate the Leafs and their fans.:lol: Tickets are usually decently priced and available. Lots of empty seats tonight.

Just now, H_T_L said:

You should do a Sabre game. They actually don't hate us that much in there, and like us,,,,, they hate the Leafs and their fans.:lol: Tickets are usually decently priced and available. Lots of empty seats tonight.

I've thought about it. On another site they said the were 1500 tickets left starting at $25.At least a 3 hour drive for me, although I've done a round trip to Montreal in the same night. I've also thought about a Columbus game, but I'm not sure of the prices tho. 

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I've thought about it. On another site they said the were 1500 tickets left starting at $25.At least a 3 hour drive for me, although I've done a round trip to Montreal in the same night. I've also thought about a Columbus game, but I'm not sure of the prices tho. 

There are some cheap seats available. Parking was 15 bucks Canadian ( some take it at par) so it's a lot cheaper then going to TO or Montreal.  Atmosphere is nothing like the Bell though.

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

There are some cheap seats available. Parking was 15 bucks Canadian ( some take it at par) so it's a lot cheaper then going to TO or Montreal.  Atmosphere is nothing like the Bell though.

Is the arena easy to get to, you know,,,, easy on, easy off? I'll throw it out there to my wife and see what she says, (for some reason she never turns me down, go figure). I'll check out prices and the route before I suggest it to her. :)

Well, it's the Habs were able to tie it up down by two in the third. Just wish they could've closed it out in OT. Liked Armia getting in the thick of things in front of the net...and Kotkaniemi's goal showed a nice, quick release

9 hours ago, claremont said:

A few games and he’s brutal already - sheeesh lets let this guy play a block of games in our system before “leafing” / “branding” him as Larry Murphy like 

This here, 3 games and he is  no good, 3 games and our dee is brutal.....

Sheesh. Lets wait till we are 20 or 30 games in. 

Has anyone watched the dee on the other 3 teams we played this season, I guess not? 

Its very early in the season. Kinks are getting worked out. But I do believe much like I predicted Mike Reilly just earned a spot in the line up.

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Is the arena easy to get to, you know,,,, easy on, easy off? I'll throw it out there to my wife and see what she says, (for some reason she never turns me down, go figure). I'll check out prices and the route before I suggest it to her. :)

Very easy to get to, and the trick is to pick a lot close to the street leading back to the highway. It's a little further walk ( about 10 minutes) but it gets you out of the heaviest of traffic quicker. The arena is  only about a five minute drive from the border at Fort Erie. I was back at the border within a half hour of getting back to my car.