Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
campabee82

Cole "Goal" Caufield

130 posts in this topic

Last night marked the start of 2019 15th over all Cole Caufield's NCAA career and boy did he start off on the right foot. Caufield had 2 of the Badgers 3 goals in a 5-3 loss to Boston College. Game 2 goes tonight vs. Merrimack at 6pm.

Apparently the game starts at 6pm central time or 7pm eastern time my bad LOL 

39 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Apparently the game starts at 6pm central time or 7pm eastern time my bad LOL 

Got the game on the PC, :), Habs on TV. 

24 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Got the game on the PC, :), Habs on TV. 

Lol I see it's 1-0 WU 

Looks like WU do.inatex like the Habs tonight LOL. 11-5 win Caufield got 2 goals and an assist tonight so now he is 2.5 PPG so far. The kid is good, bet he gets signed by the end of the year.

27 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Looks like WU do.inatex like the Habs tonight LOL. 11-5 win Caufield got 2 goals and an assist tonight so now he is 2.5 PPG so far. The kid is good, bet he gets signed by the end of the year.

THNX for the update. Small sample size but so far he's looking pretty good. :)

Game three for WU tonight 4 minutes into the 1st Wisconsin losing 2-1 Caufield with the WU goal. 5 goals so far this season

6 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Game three for WU tonight 4 minutes into the 1st Wisconsin losing 2-1 Caufield with the WU goal. 5 goals so far this season

This guy is a scoring machine. TKS for the update. 

53 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

This guy is a scoring machine. TKS for the update. 

3-2 for Wisconsin now end of the second.  Caufield still with the one goal

6-2 Wisconsin Caufield with 2 more goals. Still a 2 GPG player after 3 games

Edited by campabee82

47 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

6-2 Wisconsin Caufield with 2 more goals. Still a 2 GPG player after 3 games

WOOT, can't wait for next year. 

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The Frozen four ends April 11th we could technically get him for the playoffs

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

depending upon how his team does & what our plans are, possibly even the end of this year / the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, maas_art said:

depending upon how his team does & what our plans are, possibly even the end of this year / the playoffs. 

:):):) 

Game 4 of the season goes tomorrow at 8:00 eastern time vs the same team they played tonight. Hopefully Cole keeps rolling. Interestingly including his 2 preseason games he is still a 2 GPG player through 5 games. Can't imagine that will continue for too long but will be interesting to see just what he ends the season with.

If he keeps going we are going to have one scary offence in a year or two.

12 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

If he keeps going we are going to have one scary offence in a year or two.

Im sure he's going to cool off but if he doesnt, maybe he'll be gunning for the NCAA single season record which (i think) is around 58-59.  Thats pretty ridiculous in like 32 games but who knows. The Badgers are stacked. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Im sure he's going to cool off but if he doesnt, maybe he'll be gunning for the NCAA single season record which (i think) is around 58-59.  Thats pretty ridiculous in like 32 games but who knows. The Badgers are stacked. 

Well UW won 3-1 tonight but Caufield was held off the scoresheet. Apparently the team they played last night and tonight are the 2 time defending champions so not bad.

15 hours ago, maas_art said:

The single season record is 59 goals but the single season freshman record is 35 goals held by a guy named Kyle Conner

53 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

The single season record is 59 goals but the single season freshman record is 35 goals held by a guy named Kyle Conner

While both of theses records are a long way off Caufield is tied for first overall in goals scored this season in the entire NCAA and 13th overall in points with 6 and 7 respectively.

Just a quick update. Cole and the Badgers were shutout 4-0 tonight. On a side note I just found out Coles brother Brock also plays RW for the University of Wisconsin

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Just a quick update. Cole and the Badgers were shutout 4-0 tonight. On a side note I just found out Coles brother Brock also plays RW for the University of Wisconsin

Tanks. :)

Caufield ended his mini 2 game scoreless streak with a goal and an assist in tonight's 4-3 win

I missed yesterday's post game update the University of Wisconsin got beat 6-1 however the lone goal was scored by Caufield giving him 8 on the season and the lead in the NCAA. After lasts nights blow out loss the Badgers were once again in action tonight and were tied 2-2 in the third however a win was not meant to be and the Badgers lost 4-2 Cuafield didn't register a goal but did get an assist on UW's first goal. Next game is Nov 8th at Omaha