Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
campabee82

Cole "Goal" Caufield

130 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Caufield finished his Freshman season with 19-17-36 totals and will now face Ohio State in a 3 game series from March 6-8. UW has a 2-1-1 record vs Ohio State this year.

Can you please tell us how many games these universities play? TY. :)

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Tonight was the 24th and final game of the season

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Or are you asking How many games Ohio State plays UW in the playoffs cause I already said 

Caufield finished his Freshman season with 19-17-36 totals and will now face Ohio State in a 3 game series from March 6-8. UW has a 2-1-1 record vs Ohio State this year.

LOL 

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Tonight was the 24th and final game of the season

Sorry this is misleading the 24 games is divisional games th regular season is actually 34 games but today was still the final game

Edited by campabee82

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Sorry this is misleading the 24 games is divisional games th regular season is actually 34 games but today was still the final game

TY, that's what I wanted to know. :)

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

NW just wasn't sure LOL to further elaborate on the playoffs though next weekend is the division semi finals which is a 3 game series as I have outlined after that the Division quarter final and division final are both single games winner takes all then I believe the regional finals are round robin as is the frozen four which runs April 9th-11th

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

You could probably make a couple of bucks selling that information to the Russians!

MB said he wants Caufield to play another year in college

7 hours ago, habs1952 said:

You could probably make a couple of bucks selling that information to the Russians!

How much? 

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

How much? 

A couple. TWO! :lol:

2 hours ago, habsisme said:

MB said he wants Caufield to play another year in college

MB said he wasn't trading Subban so why do we all of a sudden believe anything he says

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Thanks, CB.  for that info :)

There has been a lot of back and forth on where people view Caufield should play next season and wheather or not burning that first year off his contract is worth it. The following article outlines what Cole needs to work on. This article for me outlines exactly why I feel Cole would be better served to spend the rest of this year and next season in Laval and the following is a direct quote from the article which reinforces my belief.

"Caufield has a knack for getting lost in the coverage, finding pockets of space to receive and fire. This skill has already led to more than a few goals off the rush in his first year of college play. As his team attacked the offensive blue line, the forward looked to enter the offensive zone a couple of steps behind his teammates, this way separating himself from the line of defence to get screened shots from the top of the circles.

That being said, off the cycle in five-on-five offensive zone situations, Caufield couldn’t find shots as well this season as he did in the USHL in years past. He showed less-effective off-puck movements and stayed more on the periphery, and that took away scoring chances.

I don’t think this specific change in playstyle is really indicative of Caufield losing his touch. It’s attributable in no small part to the Wisconsin Badgers not affording him the right opportunities to use his off-puck strategies.

Scoring from established in-zone possessions depends on linemates and system. If teammates can’t shake the opposition, or can’t get their heads up to look for options under pressure, they won’t set up shooters in dangerous areas. Overall, the Badgers haven’t been the most talented team at creating chances from offensive-zone possessions, and as a result, Caufield has been forced to create his own shots by challenging defenders one-on-one.

The forward’s ability to exploit seams in the coverage will likely come back when he finds the right chemistry with capable and experienced playmakers. It should be an integral part of his goal-scoring toolkit in the professional game; the one he leans on the most to continue scoring."

The bolded is the most important thing for his development and can only be accomplished by playing in a professional league with more experienced playmakers.

here is the complete story have a read.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2020/3/5/21160121/cole-caufield-nhl-readiness-development-path-where-to-play-next-season-ncaa-ahl-video-analysis

Caufield's season  could come to an end as early as tomorrow night after a 9-1 loss in game 1 of their 3 game series vs Ohio State. Caufield had 0 points

UW just got eliminated from the playoffs the next week or so should tell us whether or not MB signs Caufield to help the Rocket with the final playoff push

Ii my opinion JK should not have played in the NHL last year nor this year because I felt he wasn't physically ready to play against men possessing NHL talent and speed.. I feel the same way about Caufield. Division I is good hockey but the vast majority of its' players lack the speed and strength of the average 4th liner in the NHL. Caufield's career could be over in a flash if he is thrown to the wolves this year or next. 

But, as my wife always reminds me, I have been wrong before.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

https://awinninghabit.com/2020/03/09/montreal-canadiens-cole-caufield-path/

Not often do you ever hear someone say a prospect was kept in Junior or college for a year too long. Caufield put up great numbers for a first year college player, but that doesn’t mean he is ready to jump right into the NHL this week

It’s a wrestling match between the player wants and the team’s professional opinions - I hope Cole listens to that advice as I believe it’s important for him to learn how to win and stack additional success. One analogy is the golf prodigy Michele Wie who never learned to win and had a disastrous debut 

Cole was a few notches below Jack Hughes and he has struggled. However we don’t know what Coles monetary security is vs the injury risk in College but I hope he stays for another year in college 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-are-the-montreal-canadiens-allowing-cole-caufield-to-decide-his-future

Why are the Montreal Canadiens allowing Cole Caufield to decide his future?

Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin said he doesn't think Cole Caufield is ready, but won't stand in his way if he wants to sign his entry-level deal. If Montreal doesn't believe Caufield is ready, though, they should take the decision out of his hands.

4 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-are-the-montreal-canadiens-allowing-cole-caufield-to-decide-his-future

Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin said he doesn't think Cole Caufield is ready, but won't stand in his way if he wants to sign his entry-level deal. If Montreal doesn't believe Caufield is ready, though, they should take the decision out of his hands.

It's just another case of MB not wanting to make the wrong decision so by making Caufield make the decision he can say we told you but you knew better It's not my fault

10 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

It's just another case of MB not wanting to make the wrong decision so by making Caufield make the decision he can say we told you but you knew better It's not my fault

Ya, he avoids the hard decisions,,, so Markov and Radulov.

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

This. If Caufield fails, which he might given his current physique, MB is certainly going to tell us he knew better all along. We've all heard that song before.

13 hours ago, claremont said:

It’s a wrestling match between the player wants and the team’s professional opinions - I hope Cole listens to that advice as I believe it’s important for him to learn how to win and stack additional success. One analogy is the golf prodigy Michele Wie who never learned to win and had a disastrous debut 

Cole was a few notches below Jack Hughes and he has struggled. However we don’t know what Coles monetary security is vs the injury risk in College but I hope he stays for another year in college 

Michele Wie also had a very pushy father who put her out on the LPGA Tour before she was ready. And had her get into PGA Tour events. This stunted her development.

14 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Because you might hurt his feelings