Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
campabee82

Cole "Goal" Caufield

169 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yes. I think people are reading waaaaay too much into this.  Did Caufield have a good rookie season? Yes!  Is there any indication he's outgrown the university league? no.  There's really no need to rush him  - especially if our development team doesnt think he's ready.

TONS of players play multiple years in the NCAA. Only a very very small amount of them shun the team that drafted them & wait out to become free agents. There's absolutely nothing that makes me think this is even slightly being considered right now. 

Totally agree - Any top pick that shuns the Canadiens or any marquee team - i seriously have to challenge their desire and integrity 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Totally agree - Any top pick that shuns the Canadiens or any marquee team - i seriously have to challenge their desire and integrity

With no disrespect intended I disagree with your comment. Without being consulted I was once considered the property of a team that I had no desire to play for in an area that I really disliked but in my case a natural lack of talent took care of the situation before it became a problem but I remember being very p'd off and feeling helpless about my future. 

I don't think any player's decision to try to play/work where he wants to is a negative reflection on his integrity or desire, fans may feel slighted but I think a young player is actually brave in risking injury, financial security etc over a 3 year period in order to gain some very limited control over where he wishes to work and possibly start a family. If Mr Caufield was asked prior to the draft "Will you sign a contract, if offered, with us if we draft you?" and he answered "Yes" then I might be disappointed if he later changed his mind but it is his life and he must decide what is best option for him given the little control he has over his future as a hockey player.

Again, I mean no disrespect to other fans who may feel differently.

3 hours ago, RCAF48 said:

With no disrespect intended I disagree with your comment. Without being consulted I was once considered the property of a team that I had no desire to play for in an area that I really disliked but in my case a natural lack of talent took care of the situation before it became a problem but I remember being very p'd off and feeling helpless about my future. 

I don't think any player's decision to try to play/work where he wants to is a negative reflection on his integrity or desire, fans may feel slighted but I think a young player is actually brave in risking injury, financial security etc over a 3 year period in order to gain some very limited control over where he wishes to work and possibly start a family. If Mr Caufield was asked prior to the draft "Will you sign a contract, if offered, with us if we draft you?" and he answered "Yes" then I might be disappointed if he later changed his mind but it is his life and he must decide what is best option for him given the little control he has over his future as a hockey player.

Again, I mean no disrespect to other fans who may feel differently.

I agree, it's just like anyone else you want to like your job, employer and other employees otherwise it makes for a very tense work environment believe me I worked for someone who hated being asked questions even though I was only asking to learn he felt like I was questioning his decisions. I eventually left cause we would go days without speaking directly to eachother it was rediculous

7 hours ago, claremont said:

The Canadiens haven't been a marquee team for a long time.

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

The Canadiens haven't been a marquee team for a long time.

And that's because we've had an inept GM or coach or a combo of both. 

So how long until he come to the nhl or ahl I'm thinking 1 more year

On 3/18/2020 at 11:28 PM, kinot-2 said:

And that's because we've had an inept GM or coach or a combo of both. 

That, is a memory lane I do not want to go down.

For decades.  This is so sad. If we didn't get lucky with some of our lower round picks, we'd be perennial losers.

As it is, we're just treading water.  Heart & Grit can only get you so far.  At some point, you need skill.

21 hours ago, pcharnish said:

So how long until he come to the nhl or ahl I'm thinking 1 more year

Being unusual circumstances, originally, one year for sure.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised, especially if college hockey is a no go, this upcoming season, NHL or AHL.

Depending how he performs.

I thought he said he's going back to college this year but maybe covid19 changed it

On 8/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, pcharnish said:

I thought he said he's going back to college this year but maybe covid19 changed it

He did. But everything is up in the air because of Covid.  Like will the NCAA even be playing games? Dunno. 

He did. But everything is up in the air because of Covid.  Like will the NCAA even be playing games? Dunno. 

The bigger question is will the NHL have a season this year.? You can't have the whole League in a bubble ,,, can you???

NCAA Baseketball is planning on trying to go forward with a season. Some NCAA football conferences are trying to as well. But what's interesting is that the Big Ten (of which Wisconsin is part of) voted not to have a season in football. Not sure what that means for their hockey program and whether the school would vote against hockey too.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:12 PM, kinot-2 said:

Does he have another year at U of W?

He's committed to them for one more yes.  Maybe more but for now, 1 year at a time. 

There was speculation he'd go to Europe but with college hockey opening up in a modified form it sounds like he's sticking with the badgers.
https://badgerherald.com/sports/2020/10/13/mens-hockey-cole-caufield-opts-to-stay-with-badgers-as-refined-big-ten-hockey-schedule-releases/

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

He's committed to them for one more yes.  Maybe more but for now, 1 year at a time. 

There was speculation he'd go to Europe but with college hockey opening up in a modified form it sounds like he's sticking with the badgers.
https://badgerherald.com/sports/2020/10/13/mens-hockey-cole-caufield-opts-to-stay-with-badgers-as-refined-big-ten-hockey-schedule-releases/

Tanks. :)

Caufield watch starts again lol. Tonight Caufield and the Badgers started the Big Ten season with a 2-0 win over Notre Dam Fighting Irish. Caufield did not score on any of his 4 shots on goal but did get his name on the scoresheet with an assist. 

Game 2, Badgers 5 Fighting Irish 3. Caufield 1 assist still over a point per game in his NCAA career. So far his totals are 0G-2A-2P in 2 GP

Apologies I missed updating Thursday and Friday. Caufield had another 2 assists this week against the Wolverines. Both games were losses for the Badgers. 5-2 on Thursday and 2-1 in O.T. on Friday. Totals so far for the young Habs prospect are 0-4-4 in 4 games.

6 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Apologies I missed updating Thursday and Friday. Caufield had another 2 assists this week against the Wolverines. Both games were losses for the Badgers. 5-2 on Thursday and 2-1 in O.T. on Friday. Totals so far for the young Habs prospect are 0-4-4 in 4 games.

interesting he's got a lot of assists but no goals. Makes you wonder if the team (either the Badgers or Habs brass) have asked him to work on other aspects of his game or whether its just situational (no opportunities for goals so far). 

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

interesting he's got a lot of assists but no goals. Makes you wonder if the team (either the Badgers or Habs brass) have asked him to work on other aspects of his game or whether its just situational (no opportunities for goals so far). 

Could be either , pure scorers are often streaker's when scoring and maybe this shows he also has more to his game!

18 hours ago, maas_art said:

Actually it is Caufield who told the Habs and Badgers that he wants to work on other aspects of his game. He specifically asked to be put in more situations where he can work on his defensive game. So I would imagine that he also asked if he could work on other areas. It is nice to see a prospect that takes initiative and asks to be put into other situations instead of the team forcing them to work on their game.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/cole-caufield-the-ultimate-student-of-the-game/c-319286112

November 24th, 2020.

Cole Caufield had a hat trick to lead the Badgers  to a 7-3 victory over Penn State tonight.

Back on track!

11 hours ago, electron58 said:

November 24th, 2020.

Cole Caufield had a hat trick to lead the Badgers  to a 7-3 victory over Penn State tonight.

Back on track!

Didn't realize the game was last night lol so now his totals are 

4-4-8 in 6 games as he also had a goal on Monday night.

Sophomore forward Cole Caufield is the reigning Big Ten First Star of the Week for his four-goal, six-point performance last week.

Big game tonight, Saturday November 28th @ 7:00pm vs Arizona State Sun Devils.

Again tomorrow, Sunday November 29th @ 4:00pm vs Arizona State Sun Devils, to close out their homestand. Of note, Arizona State is playing their entire season on the road.

They are presently 0-3-1, While the Wisconsin Badgers are 4-2-0.