Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
campabee82

Cole "Goal" Caufield

130 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yes. I think people are reading waaaaay too much into this.  Did Caufield have a good rookie season? Yes!  Is there any indication he's outgrown the university league? no.  There's really no need to rush him  - especially if our development team doesnt think he's ready.

TONS of players play multiple years in the NCAA. Only a very very small amount of them shun the team that drafted them & wait out to become free agents. There's absolutely nothing that makes me think this is even slightly being considered right now. 

Totally agree - Any top pick that shuns the Canadiens or any marquee team - i seriously have to challenge their desire and integrity 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Totally agree - Any top pick that shuns the Canadiens or any marquee team - i seriously have to challenge their desire and integrity

With no disrespect intended I disagree with your comment. Without being consulted I was once considered the property of a team that I had no desire to play for in an area that I really disliked but in my case a natural lack of talent took care of the situation before it became a problem but I remember being very p'd off and feeling helpless about my future. 

I don't think any player's decision to try to play/work where he wants to is a negative reflection on his integrity or desire, fans may feel slighted but I think a young player is actually brave in risking injury, financial security etc over a 3 year period in order to gain some very limited control over where he wishes to work and possibly start a family. If Mr Caufield was asked prior to the draft "Will you sign a contract, if offered, with us if we draft you?" and he answered "Yes" then I might be disappointed if he later changed his mind but it is his life and he must decide what is best option for him given the little control he has over his future as a hockey player.

Again, I mean no disrespect to other fans who may feel differently.

3 hours ago, RCAF48 said:

With no disrespect intended I disagree with your comment. Without being consulted I was once considered the property of a team that I had no desire to play for in an area that I really disliked but in my case a natural lack of talent took care of the situation before it became a problem but I remember being very p'd off and feeling helpless about my future. 

I don't think any player's decision to try to play/work where he wants to is a negative reflection on his integrity or desire, fans may feel slighted but I think a young player is actually brave in risking injury, financial security etc over a 3 year period in order to gain some very limited control over where he wishes to work and possibly start a family. If Mr Caufield was asked prior to the draft "Will you sign a contract, if offered, with us if we draft you?" and he answered "Yes" then I might be disappointed if he later changed his mind but it is his life and he must decide what is best option for him given the little control he has over his future as a hockey player.

Again, I mean no disrespect to other fans who may feel differently.

I agree, it's just like anyone else you want to like your job, employer and other employees otherwise it makes for a very tense work environment believe me I worked for someone who hated being asked questions even though I was only asking to learn he felt like I was questioning his decisions. I eventually left cause we would go days without speaking directly to eachother it was rediculous

7 hours ago, claremont said:

The Canadiens haven't been a marquee team for a long time.

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

The Canadiens haven't been a marquee team for a long time.

And that's because we've had an inept GM or coach or a combo of both.