The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cole "Goal" Caufield

campabee82

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Our last Calder winner was Ken Dryden in '72. If memory serves, Kjell Dahlin was our last candidate. 

Uh, i think you missed Gallagher and before him Ryder.  Not sure if there was anyone before that (since Dahlin)  but I know those two were finalists. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Uh, i think you missed Gallagher and before him Ryder.  Not sure if there was anyone before that (since Dahlin)  but I know those two were finalists. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I remember Ryder almost winning. I think he lost to Raycroft.

I "said" if memory serves. Obviously it did not. :P

2 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Such a short off season this year I hope he has had enough time to recharge! he is young but it has been a lot mentally too for a young guy starting out he has not even played to a full house at home yet! they are going to love him!

CC lives for the big stage.  None bigger than Montreal. I think any chance he gets, he's doing something hockey related. He's going to thrive! I can't wait! The potential for some of the players on this team is thru the roof. CC will lead the way. It's in his blood. It's been forever, since we had a player with so much hype. The real deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 5:15 PM, ramcharger440 said:

Such a short off season this year I hope he has had enough time to recharge! he is young but it has been a lot mentally too for a young guy starting out he has not even played to a full house at home yet! they are going to love him!

On 8/26/2021 at 8:14 PM, electron58 said:

CC lives for the big stage.  None bigger than Montreal. I think any chance he gets, he's doing something hockey related. He's going to thrive! I can't wait! The potential for some of the players on this team is thru the roof. CC will lead the way. It's in his blood. It's been forever, since we had a player with so much hype. The real deal.

Agree.

I knew he was a great player obviously but what really surprised/shocked me (in the playoffs especially) was just how good he is overall.   I was thinking we were getting a mike cammaleri type shooter - and he is - but man he's so much more than that.  Teams shied away from him for his size but otherwise, this guy is a legit top 3 pick. He's that mature already.   He's got incredible vision - its not just his shot he is going to be an offensive force with his passing and i was amazed at how good his defensive positioning is already.

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

Agree.

I knew he was a great player obviously but what really surprised/shocked me (in the playoffs especially) was just how good he is overall.   I was thinking we were getting a mike cammaleri type shooter - and he is - but man he's so much more than that.  Teams shied away from him for his size but otherwise, this guy is a legit top 3 pick. He's that mature already.   He's got incredible vision - its not just his shot he is going to be an offensive force with his passing and i was amazed at how good his defensive positioning is already.

I think the Habs had  CC stay an  extra year in school to work on various aspects of his game,  and get stronger. Looks like CC took it to heart, because he led his school all season,  as a multidimensional player,  culminating in the Hobey Baker award. CC is definitely fun to watch,  and I certainly am looking forward to this season.  We STILL  NEED  a PMD! If we are real lucky, Norlinder could be that guy., because it doesn't look like bergebin is doing much about it. Lotta pressure,  but we need some LUCK sometime. So, fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Potentially,  2 of our top goal scorers out. Not a good start to the season. Hopefully,  CC's is minor and he doesn’t miss any real games. Hoffman,  who knows?

The report is that he did a warmup & they took him out for 'precautionary reasons' so that usually means something minor - no point in risking it when you know his roster spot is safe. Hopefully he wont miss any time. 

Hoffman - its impossible to know because he apparently hurt himself training in the offseason. If you believe DD it will be around 4 weeks, so maybe 8-12 games but its really tough to know what is even wrong with him. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

The report is that he did a warmup & they took him out for 'precautionary reasons' so that usually means something minor - no point in risking it when you know his roster spot is safe. Hopefully he wont miss any time. 

Hoffman - its impossible to know because he apparently hurt himself training in the offseason. If you believe DD it will be around 4 weeks, so maybe 8-12 games but its really tough to know what is even wrong with him. 

Yeah, I heard that as well about CC. 

Hoffman apparently was unaware he had even injured himself and it wasn't until he had an MRI as part of his physical that the injury was found. Four weeks from the date of the physical (which was the 22nd when training camp opened) puts it around the 20th of October. Going off that and adding a week as a buffer you are correct in assuming 8-12 games max. However it could be as little as 4 games if he can resume on the 20th.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, maas_art said:

Hopefully, CC is 100%. Definitely one player we can not afford to lose for any length of time.