The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cole "Goal" Caufield

campabee82

8 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Cole had a big night tonight,  2 goals 1 assist in a 6-0 win. This brings his totals to 12-12-24 in 17GP.

That's great news. Thanks for keeping us updated, campabee82. :)

3 hours ago, electron58 said:

Good to hear.  Gotta believe,  he'll turn pro after this season. 

Rumor has it he is likely to sign his ELC after the Frozen Four in March. Th reasoning is because unlike normal years where a team has less than 10 games remaining in the season when they burn that first year off an ELC. This year there will be anywhere from 15-25 games remaining. Also adding an offensive weapon like Caufield for the last half season without giving up assets will boost the teams offense and probably allow for more line flexibility  as well at a point in the season when usually teams need a shakeup. It will definitely be an interesting stretch run for sure.

53 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Rumor has it he is likely to sign his ELC after the Frozen Four in March. Th reasoning is because unlike normal years where a team has less than 10 games remaining in the season when they burn that first year off an ELC. This year there will be anywhere from 15-25 games remaining. Also adding an offensive weapon like Caufield for the last half season without giving up assets will boost the teams offense and probably allow for more line flexibility  as well at a point in the season when usually teams need a shakeup. It will definitely be an interesting stretch run for sure.

If Wisconsin makes it to the championship game, you're looking at April 10th. 2021.  NHL trade deadline is April 12th. 2021. The Habs will have played 42 games by the trade deadline. So, roughly 14 games to integrate CC if they so choose. I think the rosters open up after the trade deadline, so, as long as they have cap space, they can make it happen.

15 minutes ago, electron58 said:

If Wisconsin makes it to the championship game, you're looking at April 10th. 2021.  NHL trade deadline is April 12th. 2021. The Habs will have played 42 games by the trade deadline. So, roughly 14 games to integrate CC if they so choose. I think the rosters open up after the trade deadline, so, as long as they have cap space, they can make it happen.

Yeah I knew it was around 15 games lol

7 hours ago, electron58 said:

I don’t think Wisconsin is that highly rated to get to the championship however if Caufield continues to perform at his current rate, I’m not sure that another season in NCAA helps his development. He would be better off at the pro level - Laval or taxi squad 

43 minutes ago, claremont said:

2 goals, 2 assists for Cole in a 4-1 win over Michigan State this afternoon. 14g,14a in 18 games.  Wisconsin appears to be the #13th ranked NCAA team in their web site. 

Great game by CC. Hopefully,  he keeps it up and can step right in on the Habs. Could have used him tonight against the Flames. 

6 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Caufield had 2 goals as the 2nd place Badgers beat the 1st place Gophers 4-1. Caufield now had 16-14-30 totals in 19 games.

To be doing what he's doing? He's gotta be the real deal. Fingers crossed. 

Caufield and the Badgers were facing the first place Gophers again tonight. Th Badgers slaughtered the Gophers 8-1 with Caufiled contributing 1 goal and 2 assists in the win. Totals now are 17-16-33 in 20 games.

18 hours ago, electron58 said:

To be doing what he's doing? He's gotta be the real deal. Fingers crossed. 

You would think he would be getting more recognition but he isn't. Other teams fans and some Habs fans still don't believe he is even AHL quality. Not sure what the kid has to do to prove he is ligit at this point.

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Caufield and the Badgers were facing the first place Gophers again tonight. Th Badgers slaughtered the Gophers 8-1 with Caufiled contributing 1 goal and 2 assists in the win. Totals now are 17-16-33 in 20 games.

Big sweep for the Badgers in convincing fashion with Caufield participating big time. These are the games where he needs to be visible, and he is. Huge confidence booster for the Badgers. Their ranking should go up.

12 hours ago, campabee82 said:

You would think he would be getting more recognition but he isn't. Other teams fans and some Habs fans still don't believe he is even AHL quality. Not sure what the kid has to do to prove he is ligit at this point.

Very Astute - Everyone has been saying at every level, that the kid's size, and skating aren't enough for the show. He has been proving them wrong at every single level. You put Caufield with some half decent players that provide him the puck and he will find the seams and lanes is my opinion. 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Very Astute - Everyone has been saying at every level, that the kid's size, and skating aren't enough for the show. He has been proving them wrong at every single level. You put Caufield with some half decent players that provide him the puck and he will find the seams and lanes is my opinion. 

Yep they said the same about Gally when he was on the way up! if a guy has the drive he will rise to the top i have a good feeling about this kid he has the gift!

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Here is an article from the hockey writers (it's not the article itself that interested me it's the quote) which quoted Gregg McCagg a former NHL scout. When asked if Caufield was NHL ready McCagg's response was an emphatic YES!

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-cole-caufield-nhl-ready/

That's quite enlightening. Hope he keeps it up.