ramcharger440

Drouin

103 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, tony5775 said:

We must be watching different games. He was one of the best on the ice last night. Played a complete game and was even hitting. One goal and five assists to start the season. He is going to have a career year. 

Must be. Just because he had a beautiful goal, doesn't mean he had even a good game. Just because the announcers say that he has chemistry with Suzuki,  doesn't make it so. Maybe he is trying,  but because he is afraid to get hit, he gives up the puck too much. I just can't put on those rose coloured glasses. Plus, his stats are inflated. Don't get me wrong,  I hope he does put up 70 points. That just means that Suzuki & Anderson are driving that line. Period.

1 hour ago, HARBORSPORT said:

for years I've said we'd be better without him.....has some degree of skill..but spends most of his ice time floating around, has never lived up to the hype

This. And I  don't even care anymore that we lost Sergachev for him! He's a liability. But if we see it, then you know that other teams do, as well. So maybe, he is just that immovable asset, and we are stuck with him. So all we can hope for, is that he doesn't drag that line down too much!

I don't know. 1 goal,1 assist, and +1 in 12:32 TOI sounds like a decent stat line to me. He's also 2.3 Relative Corsi for the season so far, which seems good. 6 points from 6 games played as well.