The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jonathan Drouin

ramcharger440

12 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

I hope i am wrong but he has not shown much since has been here.

He had a great first half to this season. But overall definitely a disappointment since the trade. He needs to play with the commitment he showed earlier in the year and he hasn't done that since returning from injury. We know now that he can do it, but it just hasn't been there. That said, he started the season with JK and Armia and that was his best line, and now he's back with them. Maybe it'll be a stimulus to put something together. I think Drouin plays intimidated a lot of the time, so maybe having a big skill guy like Armia with him is what he needs to be successful and feel protected. A guy like Tom Wilson might actually be the perfect linemate for Drouin...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

He is exactly what is wrong with the Habs.  Management is so desperate to please the French speaking fans they will do anything to get a french speaking player.  We all know the history of the habs but it's time to end the commitment to french speaking players and coaches. 

My feelings exactly. How many lives does he have?

I'm not jumping on his band wagon based on a half decent game. He's floated way too much for far too many games to get a pass from me. This guy has talent coming out of his kazoo but for whatever reason he's very selective as to when to use it. Put the effort into it on a consistent basis,,, then he'll get my approval

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I'm not jumping on his band wagon based on a half decent game. He's floated way too much for far too many games to get a pass from me. This guy has talent coming out of his kazoo but for whatever reason he's very selective as to when to use it. Put the effort into it on a consistent basis,,, then he'll get my approval

+1

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Lucky pass for an assist. His other assist, Suzuki took the puck from him.

Pond hockey play to negate a great goal by Suzuki.

Not disciplined. If this was his best game of the playoffs, I'm worried.  I put in somebody else.  Poehling!

10 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Pity this guy only shows up for a couple games. Could have used some extra talent out there. Won't cry if he's wearing a different jersey next season.

Disappeared the last time we actually tried to make a run for the playoffs, and just missed out.  Why do we keep playing the same record?  Over and over, yet Bergevin seems to think that he's going to get different results. (again, 9 lives) Oh, I know the answer.