The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Oof. I was trying to block that out.

We went from Markov - Sergachev - Emelin - Beaulieu

to

Alzner - Morrow - Streit 

I was freaking out at the time it was a gong show and i do remember him telling us it was better! what a joke that off season was it set us back years! he brought in Webber and wasted key years of his and Prices careers!

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Great start for Drouin, on track for a 168 point shortened season. If not for the ref getting in the way, he would of had a A+ start to the season. Sure we have more to come from that line.

But he's not good enough and we need to get rid of him. :ph34r:

(Sarcasm, I am kidding)

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

But he's not good enough and we need to get rid of him. :ph34r:

(Sarcasm, I am kidding)

Trade him now while his value is high! 

(Not sarcasm) :lol:

11 hours ago, habs1952 said:

We'd better. Because once he has a bad game his value will be zero, he will be the laziest player in the league, and he won't deserve a spot on any NHL roster. :lol:

I didn't complain about him until he put a string of bad games together. I think i'll give him the same treatment regarding praise after he's strung together a few decent efforts. I'm not jumping on his bandwagon after one game.

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I think, if he can stay healthy, he'll have a career year in terms of points per game.

I think if you put anybody with Suzuki and Anderson, they will have a career year.

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

I think if you put anybody with Suzuki and Anderson, they will have a career year.

100%, but Drouin is not just anybody like him or not he has serious skills and with a line like this he has got to be really chomping at the bit to play even he has got to see what that line could do!

7 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I didn't complain about him until he put a string of bad games together. I think i'll give him the same treatment regarding praise after he's strung together a few decent efforts. I'm not jumping on his bandwagon after one game.

7 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I think, if he can stay healthy, he'll have a career year in terms of points per game.

The problem with Drouin is that (and he's shown this over 4-5 seasons with us and the bolts) - he'll often have strings of 30,40, 50 games where he looks fantastic. Before he was injured last year (what was that, 19 games?) he we on pace for a 70pt season.  

Its frustraiting because he looks like he can be that player but if, in the end, he is simply a 55-60 point winger I can live with that.  He's not overpaid at that rate & he is nowhere near the liability some people make him out to be.  Its just that when he has those dominant shifts/periods/games you think "Breakout" when in reality, i think he's just... what he is.

That said, if Suzuki and Anderson do play the way they look like they might... and Drouin stays on that line... and everyone stays healthy... maybe a (prorated) 70pt season is not out of the question.

I’d tried him and KK to Columbus for you know who. Elevate lehkonen or Byron. 

drouin is too soft on the puck in open ice he’s careless. Along the boards he is soft. I’ve seen enough personally. Not worth the time or money. Trade bait. 

On 1/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, maas_art said:

The problem with Drouin is that (and he's shown this over 4-5 seasons with us and the bolts) - he'll often have strings of 30,40, 50 games where he looks fantastic. Before he was injured last year (what was that, 19 games?) he we on pace for a 70pt season.  

Its frustraiting because he looks like he can be that player but if, in the end, he is simply a 55-60 point winger I can live with that.  He's not overpaid at that rate & he is nowhere near the liability some people make him out to be.  Its just that when he has those dominant shifts/periods/games you think "Breakout" when in reality, i think he's just... what he is.

That said, if Suzuki and Anderson do play the way they look like they might... and Drouin stays on that line... and everyone stays healthy... maybe a (prorated) 70pt season is not out of the question.

I think Drouin is kind of dragging that line down a bit he keeps losing the puck and playing a fairly flat game........have i seen this before......

On 14/01/2021 at 9:13 PM, habs1952 said:

Too late!

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

I think Drouin is kind of dragging that line down a bit he keeps losing the puck and playing a fairly flat game........have i seen this before......

Anybody else seeing the same repeat pattern here?

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Too late!

Anybody else seeing the same repeat pattern here?

When he's on, he's impressive,,, when he's off, he's depressive. Tough to get on this guy's bandwagon.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

LOL! we are all over the place with this guy! have to give him credit though he has been playing good hockey in the last game or so.

His mistakes and disappearing act are still greater than his goal. I haven't even really noticed him, except when he coughs up the puck. Yes, his goal was sweet, but I'm still not impressed. 

51 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

We must be watching different games. He was one of the best on the ice last night. Played a complete game and was even hitting. One goal and five assists to start the season. He is going to have a career year. 

I have got to agree. i don't like him as a player in general because i don't think he has a ton of heart but credit where it is due he has had some good games this year.

4 hours ago, tony5775 said:

We must be watching different games. He was one of the best on the ice last night. Played a complete game and was even hitting. One goal and five assists to start the season. He is going to have a career year. 

I said it in the GDT a couple of times last night, but absolutely thought he was one of our better players. He was great with the puck, scored a beautiful goal, did exact;y what he's being paid to do.

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

I have got to agree. i don't like him as a player in general because i don't think he has a ton of heart but credit where it is due he has had some good games this year.

Drouin started last year playing really well too and then never quite found it after his big injury. This year, I like the way he's started. The issue with Drouin is the same knock that was on players like Pacioretty and Kovalev: they're really skilled players but when they don't produce offensively, they don't contribute all that much to the team. Especially with there being so much depth at forward this year, Drouin's going to get questioned about his spot in the line-up whenever he falters. But he's played well with Suzuki and played well with JK last year.