Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Tue, Oct 15 7:00 PM ET Tampa Bay @ Montreal NBCSN, TSN2, RDS

123 posts in this topic

And was that Tatar, Thompson and Armia out there on a line?

I'm thinking Suzuki will be getting a little more training in Laval.

1 minute ago, Netcase2 said:

I'm thinking Suzuki will be getting a little more training in Laval.

I think he's Paehling

Weber is having another awful game. Mete hasn't been fantastic, but I honestly think Weber is bringing him down. Shea has shown bad skating, puck bobbling, and turnovers, and that duo has been on the ice for all 3 goals against. And worst, perhaps, when Weber gave up a breakaway, he did what Andrei Markov did at the end of his career... he didn't even bother skating back, presumably because he knew he wouldn't get there. He honestly looks like his play has fallen off a cliff this year, which has been a concern since we acquired him.

Jordan Weal another guy who hasn't impressed. Even noted plugger Benoit Brunet was asking at the intermission what the heck Weal was doing in the top 6 and getting over 6 minutes of ice time in a period. Julien has been largely outcoached tonight, both in terms of match-ups and in terms of his own personnel decisions.

Nice hit from Petry. Old-fashioned hip check and he didn't get him low. Hedman with a dirty retribution attempt and gets called.

Vasilevskiy bobbling pucks all night. Chances will be there.

Another brutal giveaway by Weber on the PP there. He should be benched.

Weal having a snooze

PP looks better when Petry is out there. Not Weber.

If the guys can play while eating a plate of spaghetti I should get some too to my mind

7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Weber is having another awful game. Mete hasn't been fantastic, but I honestly think Weber is bringing him down. Shea has shown bad skating, puck bobbling, and turnovers, and that duo has been on the ice for all 3 goals against. And worst, perhaps, when Weber gave up a breakaway, he did what Andrei Markov did at the end of his career... he didn't even bother skating back, presumably because he knew he wouldn't get there. He honestly looks like his play has fallen off a cliff this year, which has been a concern since we acquired him.

His past injuries and age are starting to show.  He looks tired and yet he gets played the most.

Just now, Netcase2 said:

His past injuries and age are starting to show.  He looks tired and yet he gets played the most.

And I expect he'll have better games this season than his start here, but this overall decline was largely predictable and predicted by many. Many great D men have hit walls in their early-mid 30's, and we've seen it here with Hamrlik, Kaberle, Markov... even Chara and Chelios, while serviceable D men into their late 30's were shadows of what they once were. Everyone cites Nik Lidstrom as a reason why trading for Weber was fine and dandy but Lidstrom is a rare exception to the rule of a guy who aged that well.

Lehkonen is going to be snakebit for his entire career. 

Even on the PP, Petry on wave 1 has looked a lot better than Weber on wave 1. If Weber's not even giving you that, what's the point?

Gallagher tripped. No call. Drouin cross-checked in back. No call...

Someone's going to get thrown out of this game for a major. That's what it looks like will happen. Refs losing control.

Another one wasted. Suzuki should have had that and he was slow off the mark.

PP looks much better than last year, even if we didn’t score there. Disappointed to be down by 2 after that good first period but we’re playing against a pretty good team.

Edited by ChiLla

Suzuki drilled into boards from behind. No call there either. Garrett Rank is a brutal ref. The other guy I think is new. Not a good combo.

Just now, ChiLla said:

PP looks much better than last year, even if we didn’t score there. Disappointed to be down by after that good first period but we’re playing against a pretty good team.

This is true

I thought TB could have been called for a couple of more penalties there. Interference in the offensive zone. I feel like the PP could get us back in this one. We're close.

Just now, ChiLla said:

PP looks much better than last year, even if we didn’t score there. Disappointed to be down by after that good first period but we’re playing against a pretty good team.

Your comment further cements the thought that Bergevin has no plan... if the mindset is that it's reasonable to lose to certain teams because they're "good teams" then it shows you're not anywhere close to being in the top echelon of the league. If you're not good enough to be competitive regularly with the Tampa's, Boston's, Vegas', Washington's, Nashville's and so on, then what's the point? Why not trade Weber a year or two ago and focus on building a Cup contender? Why build a team that's middle-of-the-pack now and destined to be middle-of-the-pack for the next 5 years?

Marc Denis: that looked like a set play gone wrong. Danault wins it to Folin, who passes to Chiarot, who dumps it into the corner. What a waste.