The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sat, Oct 26 7:00 PM ET Toronto @ Montreal HNIC

kinot-2

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
40 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

We don’t have close to enough people to support a team.

Just imagine, pierogies, kielbasa and cabbage rolls at the concession stands!!! 

Always nice to beat the 2019/2020 Stanley Cup champions....Laffs! LOL

3 hours ago, BizarreReverend said:

Like how the Habs just blew it open to start the third. Also, I know we all are aware of Gallagher's net presence, but I'm still so impressed by his balance and focus with two Leafs around him.

I think a lot of the ups and downs this year comes from the early part of the schedule. It's hard to get in a rhythm when you get 4 or 5 days off between games. Any momentum you build dissipates by the next game. However this is the NHL and they are professionals so they need to find a way to get the job done.

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

I think a lot of the ups and downs this year comes from the early part of the schedule. It's hard to get in a rhythm when you get 4 or 5 days off between games. Any momentum you build dissipates by the next game. However this is the NHL and they are professionals so they need to find a way to get the job done.

Not a big fan of the schedule myself. You would think the NHL would do a better job of spacing games. this is the second or third time we've had that extended stretch between games followed by B2B's. Not just us though. Leafs just played their 4th B2B this month. Sucks to be them right?:lol:

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Not a big fan of the schedule myself. You would think the NHL would do a better job of spacing games. this is the second or third time we've had that extended stretch between games followed by B2B's. Not just us though. Leafs just played their 4th B2B this month. Sucks to be them right?:lol:

Yeah but the Leafs back to backs have been followed by only 2 nights off one of the reasons they are ahead of us in points is cause they have played 2 more games breaking up the long stretched between games. Look at our schedule last year we had 17 B2B but most were followed by only 2 or 3 days off. I don't remember the last time the Habs had 4-5 days off between games with the exception of the bi-weeks. I don't mind the B2B games but follow them up quicker only give the teams 2-3 days off otherwise it kills their momentum and also increases the chances for injuries.

6 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Yeah but the Leafs back to backs have been followed by only 2 nights off one of the reasons they are ahead of us in points is cause they have played 2 more games breaking up the long stretched between games. Look at our schedule last year we had 17 B2B but most were followed by only 2 or 3 days off. I don't remember the last time the Habs had 4-5 days off between games with the exception of the bi-weeks. I don't mind the B2B games but follow them up quicker only give the teams 2-3 days off otherwise it kills their momentum and also increases the chances for injuries.

We have a few of those 4 games in 6 nights to look forward to, which includes travelling. We'll be paying for these off days shortly. Then there's the 7 game road trip to close out the year. 

27 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

We have a few of those 4 games in 6 nights to look forward to, which includes travelling. We'll be paying for these off days shortly. Then there's the 7 game road trip to close out the year. 

Maybe our players will be but as a fan I want to see them play Every other night home or away LOL.I wish they played all year not just to like June. Maybe have the playoffs start in July end in August and training camp start in Spetember. As it is now I watch games for teams I hate just cause the Habs have the night off LOL 

24 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Bettman would put a game in Tilt Cove NL if they could sell out a 30,000 seat stadium. 

Betteman isn't that savvy he won't even give Hamilton or Quebec City a team even though they could support one better than teams like Arizona, Dallas or Anaheim.  The reason for that is cause he doesn't want to take money away from his cash cows Toronto and Montreal even though the markets suggest those teams would still maintain their growth.

• H_T_L locked this topic