Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsAlways

Should the Habs just blow it up - La Tank for Lafreneire

Should the Habs just blow it up - La Tank for Lafreneire   22 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Habs just blow it up - La Tank for Lafreneire..

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

131 posts in this topic

If anything, they should blow up the front office, but that's another story.  

i just don't see us getting what we need for our three or four top players to make it worth the extra multi year pain. i do however fully support the firing of the GM and his staff including Timmons who i have always liked but i think we need a total reset at the top and if they then want to move players i would feel more inclined to think it may work out.

Well here we are again ... 4 losses in a row ... what will it be this time? 4, 5 ... 10?    Sick of this coaching staff, sick of MB ... sick of the lineup choices ... 

43 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Well here we are again ... 4 losses in a row ... what will it be this time? 4, 5 ... 10?    Sick of this coaching staff, sick of MB ... sick of the lineup choices ... 

Yes all one goal loses where we outplayed the other team a lot without some top guys ……...but the sky is falling.....Tampa should of just blown it up after the first 20 games!

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

.....Tampa should of just blown it up after the first 20 games!

Tampa had the line up to turn things around . Montreal never had it from the start of the year , Too many things had to go right for Montreal to make the playoffs . Now they've run into a bunch of injuries to  some key players .

33 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Tampa had the line up to turn things around . Montreal never had it from the start of the year , Too many things had to go right for Montreal to make the playoffs . Now they've run into a bunch of injuries to  some key players .

Yep and the same thing can happen to any other team. when the team was healthy it was ok not great but ok. i find it odd that once we are down and out MB finally decides to make a move for an LHD....odd.

18 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yep and the same thing can happen to any other team. when the team was healthy it was ok not great but ok. i find it odd that once we are down and out MB finally decides to make a move for an LHD....odd.

I'll give MB the benefit of the doubt and say that "maybe" he's been trying for a few weeks and he finally got a deal. 

47 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

We also have the lineup to turn things around our coach just prefers experience over skill. Case and point was Cousins promoted to the top line over Suzuki. Suzuki is clearly the superior player but Cousins gets the assignment cause he is a veteran.

15 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Everyone was bitching and moaning we need LHD help now we get it and are only 9 points back of Toronto with 1 game in hand and it's too late let's put this into perspective 3.5 games is all it will take to overtake Toronto once things even out. We now have a decent D and IF our coach gets his head out of his ass and plays skill over experience our forwards can still score by committee. Of those 3.5 games we still play Toronto 2 more times so now if we can win those 2 your only looking at needing 1.5 more wins. Not an impossible task. We have already beaten the likes of St. Louis, Boston, Washington and the Islanders. 

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I'll give MB the benefit of the doubt and say that "maybe" he's been trying for a few weeks and he finally got a deal. 

I agree but will also go a little further back cause we know he tried to sign Gardiner as well but thankfully was unable to do so. So he knows there is a hole and has been looking sinse the summer unsuccessfully.

7 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I agree but will also go a little further back cause we know he tried to sign Gardiner as well but thankfully was unable to do so. So he knows there is a hole and has been looking sinse the summer unsuccessfully.

Too little, too late? 

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Too little, too late? 

Not even close, if we were 15 points back sure but not when we are 9 points out of a divisional seed. I imagine this probably could have been done earlier in the season but Scandella was injured and both Montreal and Buffalo started the season well so neither team had any incentive to make the deal. Now that Buffalo who is one point ahead of us and is having trouble scoring goals needs forward help they finally had the incentive to make the deal. My guess is that no other team was willing to take Scandella at 4 mil so Buffalo simply had no choice. If Scandella can play top 4 minutes and make this another Petry type trade then it will be well worth the 4th round pick.

3 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Yes all one goal loses where we outplayed the other team a lot without some top guys ……...but the sky is falling.....Tampa should of just blown it up after the first 20 games!

I saw all 4 games ... we really didn't out play them.   Lots of shots sure, but ... 

- we have no finish

- we have inconsistent d

- Price is not Price any more

Bottom line, this roster is a joke ... you're not going to win a cup when your top line is Tatar/Danault/Gallagher ... as much as I like those 3 guys, none of them have any business being your first line.      Its been almost 30 years of this mediocrity, of us fielding teams that squeek into the playoffs to just continue the mediocrity.

7 hours ago, Regis22 said:

That's exactly the point IMO, virtually everything had to go right for us to have a shot at making the playoffs. A lot of things did go right at the beginning but it all started to go downhill once we lost key guys to injuries. We absolutely need guys like Drouin or Armia in the lineup to be competitive, otherwise the whole offense by committee concept just won't work. We don't really have the star power to turn games around with individual talent. I like this team and there's no reason to literally "blow it all up" because we have good pieces in place but we're also lacking elite talent and usually the only way to get that is through the draft.

8 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

I saw all 4 games ... we really didn't out play them.   Lots of shots sure, but ... 

- we have no finish

- we have inconsistent d

- Price is not Price any more

Bottom line, this roster is a joke ... you're not going to win a cup when your top line is Tatar/Danault/Gallagher ... as much as I like those 3 guys, none of them have any business being your first line.      Its been almost 30 years of this mediocrity, of us fielding teams that squeek into the playoffs to just continue the mediocrity.

We were 100% in every game and had some bad bounces. Price I agree wasn't 100%. We did look like the better team in Carolina and Montreal both games. A bad give away by Price sometimes to casual. All these games without a lot of key players. 41 games to go any of the above teams could get critical injuries or go into big slumps. If we were getting blown out of games it would be different. The guys are playing hard so you send the signal to the guys we don't care don't even worry about the post season. Always try to succeed always try to get there is a much better effort. Until we're actually mathematically out I'm in 100% to make the playoffs.

Blow it up and trade Price and Petry. Get as many first round picks as possible. 

10 hours ago, campabee82 said:

We also have the lineup to turn things around our coach just prefers experience over skill. Case and point was Cousins promoted to the top line over Suzuki. Suzuki is clearly the superior player but Cousins gets the assignment cause he is a veteran.

Personally id disagree we have the lineup to turn it around even though I agree we arent necessarily using our players the best we can.   If we hadnt lost Drouin, Byron etc for so long maybe we could have kept pace but even then it would have been touch and go. I think we have a lot of very promising prospects & there's a chance we have the players to get things done once they mature but right now we're a bubble team when healthy and a non-playoff team when not.

In regards to cousing being bumped up over Suzuki - Domi-Suzuki have worked very well. Im with Julien there, you dont mess up a good thing.  Is Suzuki our best RW with Gallagher out? Absolutely. But that doesnt mean id bump him off of Domi's line. IMHO Domi-Suzuki becomes our #1 line when Gallagher goes out so in effect Suzuki already got promoted because Tatar-Danault-Cousins would ideally be your #2 behind Lehks-Domi-Suzuki. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Personally id disagree we have the lineup to turn it around even though I agree we arent necessarily using our players the best we can.   If we hadnt lost Drouin, Byron etc for so long maybe we could have kept pace but even then it would have been touch and go. I think we have a lot of very promising prospects & there's a chance we have the players to get things done once they mature but right now we're a bubble team when healthy and a non-playoff team when not.

In regards to cousing being bumped up over Suzuki - Domi-Suzuki have worked very well. Im with Julien there, you dont mess up a good thing.  Is Suzuki our best RW with Gallagher out? Absolutely. But that doesnt mean id bump him off of Domi's line. IMHO Domi-Suzuki becomes our #1 line when Gallagher goes out so in effect Suzuki already got promoted because Tatar-Danault-Cousins would ideally be your #2 behind Lehks-Domi-Suzuki. 

I agree about Domi/Suzuki I like their chemistry I would look at maybe moving Lehks to Gallaghers spot. He has played on the right side and is good defensively which thaty line has a lot of responsibility for. I'd then move Poehling alongside Domi/Suzuki. Poehling can handle the puck has size and I think could work with Domi/Suzuki

I don't think Bergevin should be in charge of a blow-up, so... I think we should just maintain status quo 'til the season ends. I think this season is just gonna play itself out without any major changes. I just hope Molson doesn't decide to keep MB around because of the "injury" excuse I'm sure we're likely to hear about.

Posted (edited)

This draft year is one of the strongest in a decade apparently ... and MB is intent on a hail mary to squeek us into the playoffs, only to be ushered out in the 1st round most likely.  Finishing in the bottom 10 gives us a good chance at a top 5 pick .. finishing in the WC spot gets us what? 16th overall?   

What a joke.   We are only 6 pts up on NJ ... who are 2nd to last.    Sure we can't out tank Detroit, but we could sure out tank NJ.     Play the kids, give them top minutes and let them grow.    Cut back on the ice time of guys who you won't see here in 2-3 years and maybe we pick top 3 or even 1st overall.

Edited by HabsAlways

3 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

This draft year is one of the strongest in a decade apparently ... and MB is intent on a hail mary to squeek us into the playoffs, only to be ushered out in the 1st round most likely.  Finishing in the bottom 10 gives us a good chance at a top 5 pick .. finishing in the WC spot gets us what? 16th overall?   

What a joke.   We are only 6 pts up on NJ ... who are 2nd to last.    Sure we can't out tank Detroit, but we could sure out tank NJ.     Play the kids, give them top minutes and let them grow.    Cut back on the ice time of guys who you won't see here in 2-3 years and maybe we pick top 3 or even 1st overall.

Yeah... we might just end up tanking regardless of what MB does/doesn't do. The team hasn't been good and Price is performing at nowhere near his salary. We may end up near the bottom of the league even with additions (for example, like Kovalchuk and Scandella).

7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah... we might just end up tanking regardless of what MB does/doesn't do. The team hasn't been good and Price is performing at nowhere near his salary. We may end up near the bottom of the league even with additions (for example, like Kovalchuk and Scandella).

That's my whole frustration ... commit to the rebuild, give your kids icetime to grow and let the chips fall where they do.    Sure, we might have 1-3 seasons of low finishes, but at least your setting up your future talent to learn the NHL.    Instead, lets make pointless moves in an attempt to make the playoffs by a hair.    Which will most likely see an early exit to the top seed, and cost us a chance at elite talent in the top 10 of the draft.

And thats what this team has been doing for 30 years ... 

Sounds like some of us are more interested in winning a draft than a hockey game. Perhaps we can just cancel the season and take bragging rights about our draft picks. Unfortunately we continue to draft well and make improvements that are in opposition to winning the draft. The injuries as unpredictable as they are appear to control how our team is being managed. If I hear this right Bergevin should run crying into his office and slam the door saying I quit this isn't fair. The Canadians have been around a long time and won more than perhaps we have deserved, but I don't think giving up is how you become successful in life or sport. 

4 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

We were 100% in every game and had some bad bounces. Price I agree wasn't 100%. We did look like the better team in Carolina and Montreal both games. A bad give away by Price sometimes to casual. All these games without a lot of key players. 41 games to go any of the above teams could get critical injuries or go into big slumps. If we were getting blown out of games it would be different. The guys are playing hard so you send the signal to the guys we don't care don't even worry about the post season. Always try to succeed always try to get there is a much better effort. Until we're actually mathematically out I'm in 100% to make the playoffs.

agreed .. If the Habs were to go on a decent run to put themselves in a position to make the play-offs some people would still be saying blow it up or fire this guy or that guy ..there are some talented core players on this club so the mere notion of "blowing it up"  is ridiculous . What I'm seeing is a team that tries hard every night and doesn't give up . Up to now we have been  relying on guys like Weise , Cousins and Barber to fill holes created by Drouin , Gallagher , Armia and even Byron...it's really no contest but they're busting their butts for a win anyway  ..acquiring  Scandella and Kovalchuk is at the very least an effort on Bergevin's part to answer specific  needs  ...nobody here knows the extent to which Bergevin has been beaten the bushes for a LHD ….over all too much complaining for me 

20 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Sounds like some of us are more interested in winning a draft than a hockey game. Perhaps we can just cancel the season and take bragging rights about our draft picks. Unfortunately we continue to draft well and make improvements that are in opposition to winning the draft. The injuries as unpredictable as they are appear to control how our team is being managed. If I hear this right Bergevin should run crying into his office and slam the door saying I quit this isn't fair. The Canadians have been around a long time and won more than perhaps we have deserved, but I don't think giving up is how you become successful in life or sport. 

I agree completely and there is no guarantee of the future draft choices being the ones that put you over the top. If so then Phoenix must be a favorite for the cup? Also do you refund your season ticket holders, do you refund your corporate sponsors , do we tell the TV stations don't put on anymore HABs games because we plan on losing for a while? Hard to sell entertainment when you decide to not even try. I wonder if they'll refund my Center Ice for me? 

I also have a question, if the team did decide to just play the kids and the team made the playoffs would those who wanted the tank be made at the young players for ruining the tank?

Posted (edited)

Tanking is for losers with no heart. we have not been blown out often we are just missing too many core guy's, Scandella will help and i think Kovy could be good for a week or two by then some guy's will be back and with Scandella our D looks much more like NHL quality not superstar but good enough to in more often. once Gally and Drouin are back and to a lesser extent Byron we can really see what we have. all this talk of tanking is just silly it will never happen.

Edited by ramcharger440