Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Ex Habs

404 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Nathan Beaulieu was not offered another contract with the Jets.

They didn't give him a qualifying offer because they thought the salary increase was too high, but they also said they would still consider bringing him back on a friendlier deal.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

They didn't give him a qualifying offer because they thought the salary increase was too high, but they also said they would still consider bringing him back on a friendlier deal.

He is one of those players that frustrates me. you can see the talent there he just can't seem to get out of his own way.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

He is one of those players that frustrates me. you can see the talent there he just can't seem to get out of his own way.

Top end skills  but really poor hockey IQ.   Its a shame because there were nights where everything came together & you though "yeah, this guy could be a top 3 dman" and then... 

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Nathan Beaulieu was not offered another contract with the Jets.

Joe Morrow was also not qualified. I think.

18 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Chunky + to the Pens for Kessel

In other words,,, Chucky + to the Pens for Kessel. :frech1:

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

In other words,,, Chucky + to the Pens for Kessel. :frech1:

Lol that's what I wrote stupid autocorrect didn't like it.

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Lol that's what I wrote stupid autocorrect didn't like it.

Heck, I had to go a find out who "Chunky" was in the trade. :lol:

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:4224:

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Chunky you know Chucky's fatter slower less enthusiastic twin that came out on nights that Chucky took off.

:4224::4224:

5 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Chunky you know Chucky's fatter slower less enthusiastic twin that came out on nights that Chucky took off.

:4224::4224:

:5185:

So both Subban and Chucky traded within a few days. There have been rumors Vegas has considered trading Pacioretty to clear up cap room... lots of ex-Habs on the move.

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

And maybe the Pens can talk Krouton (Krutov) out of retirement - what a duo!

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

But theriouthly:

Chucky with the one-timers from the right side on the PP!

Poolsters might want to take a look at that.

6 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Good for Chunky & have fun in the desert chubby.

Yeah I don't understand that side of it Kessel turns down a trade to a decent team to go to the Coyotes the wild could be a playoff team likely that the Coyotes aren't 

45 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Yeah I don't understand that side of it Kessel turns down a trade to a decent team to go to the Coyotes the wild could be a playoff team likely that the Coyotes aren't 

2 Rick Tocchet aka the Kessel whisperer. 

One year  after getting Chunky the Coyotes scream no mas and want to lose weight.  Yotes look like they were unwilling to pay a Chunky contract at the end of the year and would rather go with Kessel. It also gives the Pens a little more cap space. Pens need to resign Murray after this year  so their cap issues may continue. May make it difficult to keep Chunky. Recent moves of two ex-Habs may be shedding light on Bergevin as a more than patient, tolerant GM as neither Nashville or Arizona could keep the players we had nurtured into such great talents:7072: Or not.  Now the question is do we let Chunky get to a cup with the Pens before us? 

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

So it was Chucky + Joseph, who was a 1st round pick a couple of years ago.  Since it was Domi for Chucky straight up that would be like us trading Domi + Brook or Fleury  for soon-to-be 32 year old Phil Kessel.  In fairness he's shown no signs of slowing down but Arizona does not have the same quality of centres Pittsburgh does.

I have a feeling Galchenyuk will excel with the Pens and Kessel will regress.  If Domi continues to perform too (as I expect he will), I really feel bad for the coyotes fans. 

14 hours ago, campabee82 said:

All of Canada retires in Arizona, makes perfect sense to me. 

Find this trade and the Subban trade very amusing. 

1 minute ago, tony5775 said:

All of Canada retires in Arizona, makes perfect sense to me. 

Find this trade and the Subban trade very amusing. 

Except Kessel is American lol

3 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Except Kessel is American lol

Still makes it a nice place to retire. Never cared about him enough to know. 

18 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

Still makes it a nice place to retire. Never cared about him enough to know. 

Only know cause one of my kids is a trader and is a Leafs fan LOL 

12 hours ago, maas_art said:

So it was Chucky + Joseph, who was a 1st round pick a couple of years ago.  Since it was Domi for Chucky straight up that would be like us trading Domi + Brook or Fleury  for soon-to-be 32 year old Phil Kessel.  In fairness he's shown no signs of slowing down but Arizona does not have the same quality of centres Pittsburgh does.

I have a feeling Galchenyuk will excel with the Pens and Kessel will regress.  If Domi continues to perform too (as I expect he will), I really feel bad for the coyotes fans. 

I actually feel with his skill set he could really excel alongside Crosby or Malkin. He will probably do great on their PP also with great passers to set him up. I really feel this could be a good fit for Chucky. Good for him. Down the road with Malkin and Crosby both older maybe he becomes on of their centers?

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

I actually feel with his skill set he could really excel alongside Crosby or Malkin. He will probably do great on their PP also with great passers to set him up. I really feel this could be a good fit for Chucky. Good for him. Down the road with Malkin and Crosby both older maybe he becomes on of their centers?

I agree and would go on to say that IF we had been able to trade someone else for Domi Chucky would look good next to Domi or KK as well