The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I agree and would go on to say that IF we had been able to trade someone else for Domi Chucky would look good next to Domi or KK as well

I absolutely agree with this. I think next to Domi with his vision he would of excelled and if we had been able to keep him we would have that shot off the half wall.

16 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

so much for that team....JJ in my opinion is a poor coach.

That's exactly what I thought too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Canadiens Stanley Cup champion Tom Kurvers was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. He’s decided to run a 10K marathon to raise money for lung cancer research. [

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Walsh tweet: 

"Proud to announce that defenseman Andrei Markov is now a client. He’s been intensively training in Florida this summer and is determined to play in the NHL this season."

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Adam Walsh tweet: 

"Proud to announce that defenseman Andrei Markov is now a client. He’s been intensively training in Florida this summer and is determined to play in the NHL this season."

Every time I hear his name I see him getting injured against Pittsburgh. Marky was so awesome for us & a healthy Markov? Well MB would have probably traded him.

Time to move on, but never say never. 

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Adam Walsh tweet: 

That should pretty much kill the chances of the Habs signing him. Pretty sure MB can't stand Walsh and his dealing through the media for his clients.

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

That should pretty much kill the chances of the Habs signing him. Pretty sure MB can't stand Walsh and his dealing through the media for his clients.

Lets hope.  I love Markov but there's no way we should have any interest in him any more.  He's (obviously) got not future and Mete, Kulak even Chiarot are all better than him.  Frankly, Byron playing LD is probably a better option at this stage of the General's career.

I wish him well but i honestly cant see anyone giving him a contract.  Maybe a PTO? 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Lets hope.  I love Markov but there's no way we should have any interest in him any more.  He's (obviously) got not future and Mete, Kulak even Chiarot are all better than him.  Frankly, Byron playing LD is probably a better option at this stage of the General's career.

I wish him well but i honestly cant see anyone giving him a contract.  Maybe a PTO? 

Saw Ward get a 1 game contract today to retire as a Cane wondered if Marky would take a 10 game contract to retire as a Hab with 1000 games

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

Saw Ward get a 1 game contract today to retire as a Cane wondered if Marky would take a 10 game contract to retire as a Hab with 1000 games

A fan favorite for sure. 10 games is a no-risk contract. You never know, he might still have it. 

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

A fan favorite for sure. 10 games is a no-risk contract. You never know, he might still have it. 

Yeah and after the 10 games he retires and becomes head of defensemen player development even if you have to create a position it's worth it. Who better to teach the young guys in the system how to play right than the General?

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Smoking and too much poutine!!!

Ya, I remember hearing that he would have a cigarette between periods. Not sure if it's true tho. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Donald Brashear is alive and well working at a McDonald's in Quebec City. 

It's actually Tim Hortons and at least he has a job I know people who would rather sit on their duff collecting social services. Good on him for not being one of those types of people. What is actually sad about this story is how a pro athlete has to earn minimum wage after his career ends cause there is no support system to help manage their income while they are playing. A lot of these young guys go from making nothing in the minors to signing for millions in their 4th year in the league with no concept of how to properly manage and plan for the future.