The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ex Habs

kinot-2

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I liked Domi & i think that with the right adjustment to his game he could be a really high-impact player but i am not sure he'll ever get there if he keeps making dumb decisions like this.  Im more than happy with the trade now (even if i thought it was a slight overpayment at the time). 

The part in bold is key I think. If he focused on what he's actually good at, he'd be a better hockey player. He's not like the Tkachuks for example, who thrive in an agitator role and can be quite smart about getting under someone's skin. He strikes me as a hothead who has issues keeping his emotions in check and more often than not, his game suffers because of it. After more than 400 games in the league, I have little hope that he's going to change. 

7 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

The part in bold is key I think. If he focused on what he's actually good at, he'd be a better hockey player. He's not like the Tkachuks for example, who thrive in an agitator role and can be quite smart about getting under someone's skin. He strikes me as a hothead who has issues keeping his emotions in check and more often than not, his game suffers because of it. After more than 400 games in the league, I have little hope that he's going to change. 

Exactly. Domi was one of my least favorite Habs while he was here, if only because he kept taking dumb selfish penalties. He always put himself before the team, even if he played hard and had skill. Nothing has really changed and don't have any reason to suspect it will in the future. In contrast, you watch guys like Anderson, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, or so on and they take a hit that looks a bit questionable and I say to myself, man that's going to trigger a reaction and they just keep on playing. You'd like the refs to call some of those and not leave it up to the players to get their own retribution, but better for the team if you have guys who can keep their cools and focus on winning games.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Exactly. Domi was one of my least favorite Habs while he was here, if only because he kept taking dumb selfish penalties. He always put himself before the team, even if he played hard and had skill. Nothing has really changed and don't have any reason to suspect it will in the future. In contrast, you watch guys like Anderson, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, or so on and they take a hit that looks a bit questionable and I say to myself, man that's going to trigger a reaction and they just keep on playing. You'd like the refs to call some of those and not leave it up to the players to get their own retribution, but better for the team if you have guys who can keep their cools and focus on winning games.

100% everyone is going to lose it once in a while but Domi loses it everytime! he cost us quite a few games he won us some but I am not sure it evened out.

10 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Apparently max domi is being benched due to his recent outbursts 

@Sportsnet
April 19, 2021, 12:47 PM
It's Max Domi's turn in John Tortorella's doghouse.

The Columbus Blue Jackets coach told reporters that the playmaking forward will be a healthy scratch when the team takes on the Florida Panthers in the Monday opener of their back-to-back series. The fiery coach didn't go into detail when asked why Domi would sit, but, per The Athletic's Aaron Portzline, Tortorella was furious after the 26-year-old's outburst against the Chicago Blackhawks three games ago when he rag-dolled Connor Murphy, attempting to force him into a fight, and benched him Saturday after he similarly lost his cool with Dallas Stars' Rhett Gardner.

26 minutes ago, electron58 said:

@Sportsnet
April 19, 2021, 12:47 PM
It's Max Domi's turn in John Tortorella's doghouse.

The Columbus Blue Jackets coach told reporters that the playmaking forward will be a healthy scratch when the team takes on the Florida Panthers in the Monday opener of their back-to-back series. The fiery coach didn't go into detail when asked why Domi would sit, but, per The Athletic's Aaron Portzline, Tortorella was furious after the 26-year-old's outburst against the Chicago Blackhawks three games ago when he rag-dolled Connor Murphy, attempting to force him into a fight, and benched him Saturday after he similarly lost his cool with Dallas Stars' Rhett Gardner.

:4224:

17 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

scratched for TWO games. If he';s looking to get traded ( again ) hes doing a good job

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/blue-jackets-max-domi-healthy-scratch-second-straight-game/

Totally foreseeable.  There was just no way that Max Domi & John Torts were ever going to see eye to eye.  

Its actually a shame because i think that if Max Domi could just play the game & cut out all the crap & trying to be "tough" or make a statement, he'd be an impact player.  He scored 72 points with us on a pretty offensively challenged roster.  I still think if you could put him with the right linemates and get him to just play & stop all the other garbage, he could be an 80 pt + player. Instead he's likely going to bounce around, maybe a 50 point season here and there & that will be it.  He's so much more talented than his dad but its like he feels like he has to do the things that would 'make his dad proud'

Sad.  

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Totally foreseeable.  There was just no way that Max Domi & John Torts were ever going to see eye to eye.  

Its actually a shame because i think that if Max Domi could just play the game & cut out all the crap & trying to be "tough" or make a statement, he'd be an impact player.  He scored 72 points with us on a pretty offensively challenged roster.  I still think if you could put him with the right linemates and get him to just play & stop all the other garbage, he could be an 80 pt + player. Instead he's likely going to bounce around, maybe a 50 point season here and there & that will be it.  He's so much more talented than his dad but its like he feels like he has to do the things that would 'make his dad proud'

Sad.  

100%, it is all there but he limits himself.

Three ex-habs have won Gagarin Cup in KHL with Omsk. Kovalchuk, Emelin and Sekáč. Emelin and Sekáč (ankle) weren't in the line up for the finals. And Emelin doesn't seem to require a liver transplant. 

4 hours ago, caperns61 said:

Beauty goal by Mete tonight, speed kills and he has it, too bad the habs brass could not look past his size. 

It was a good play by Mete.  Maybe a weak goal on Demko's part, but if you don't shoot, you don't score.

Another ex-habs news. Plekanec just won with his native Kladno game 7 of play off finals of second highest czech league. Kladno advances to the highest league next season. BTW Kladno is owned by Jágr and Plekanec played with Jágr on #1 line.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Giles lupien passed away . Cancer . RIP

67 yrs old 

A big D-man. Ya did good, Giles. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Columbus Blue Jackets center Max Domi is expected to miss the beginning of the 2021-22 season after surgery to repair a labral tear in his right shoulder.

• P.K Subban will be working as an NHL analyst for ESPN throughout the Stanley Cup Playoffs and debuted on SportsCenter on Wednesday. [NHL]

Good for PK , since hes been watching games for a while now :P

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:
  • P.K Subban will be working as an NHL analyst for ESPN throughout the Stanley Cup Playoffs and debuted on SportsCenter on Wednesday. [NHL]

Good for PK , since hes been watching games for a while now :P

He's never seen a camera or spotlight he didn't want to be in..............hopefully he'll remember that the shows not about him!

18 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

He's never seen a camera or spotlight he didn't want to be in..............hopefully he'll remember that the shows not about him!

Will be interesting to see if his schtick wears off with the other members of the crew... 

9 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Jarred Tinordi, discarded by the Habs, actually played for Boston Bruins in the playoffs!  Are there other similar 'defections' you know of? I know Galchenyuk and Plekanec suited up for the Leafs.

Mike Riley was on that same Bruin blue line.