The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

TRADE DEADLINE - KOVY, THOMPSON, PECA, COUSINS TRADED

26NCounting

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TSN radio is talking to Pierre McGuire and he's suggesting that the Habs are stockpiling picks to possibly move up in the draft. 

That helps you go a little higher but honestly not much.   Like sure you can trade 2 later picks to move up a few but you're not getting a first rounder for 5 later picks.  Lol.

Reminds me of when lemieux was being drafted in 1984 and Minnesota offered ALL TWELVE of their draft picks that year for 1st overall.  

1 minute ago, habsisme said:

The only move I really wanna see is Tatar. That will get us a 1st +. But if I were MB I'd stick to my price, we could always trade next year if the season goes the same way

or the summer. 

I actually am quite happy to keep Tatar but i do worry what his next contract would look like.

The two players id really like to trade are Weber and Petry - not because i dont like them, i really do - but i just feel like their respective values will never be higher than they are right now.

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

or the summer. 

I actually am quite happy to keep Tatar but i do worry what his next contract would look like.

The two players id really like to trade are Weber and Petry - not because i dont like them, i really do - but i just feel like their respective values will never be higher than they are right now.

Petry I could see going but I don't think Weber is going anywhere. One of Petry or Tatar is out at some point because we are not re-signing both

3 minutes ago, habsisme said:

Petry I could see going but I don't think Weber is going anywhere. One of Petry or Tatar is out at some point because we are not re-signing both

Oh i agree. I actually dont think MB will move Weber or Petry, I just feel like (as much as I like them both) the right trade would be better for the long-term future of the habs than retaining them. 

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

This is probably the most boring trade deadline in years.

I feel like we say that every year... not sure if they are getting worse or if they are always just terrible.

Considering this was supposed to be an "unprecedented seller's market" its pretty much the worst. 

Yeah, i feel like there might be a few deals late but it could well end with a fizzle.

I still contend that MB probably has a few "take it or leave it" deals out there.  Most likely those will come in close to the end of the time period so it will be interesting to see if any of them are "taken" 

• H_T_L locked this topic