Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Red Fisher dies at the age of 91

15 posts in this topic

Red Fisher, the chronicler and the conscience of Montreal hockey whose career touched seven decades, died on Friday at age 91.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/montreal-loses-a-hockey-legend-as-red-fisher-dies-at-age-91?fbclid=IwAR0BzCOuJcPWWEBFzxXMuCLq_TJ5uzy7sVUCYmfKZXGQdjwI2jMFWcaJYok

It's a worthwhile read. 

I used to buy the Gazette all the time, and read his take on the Habs. His columns will be missed.

RIP, Red. :6351:

Edited by kinot-2

A good read. Thank you.

And a great journalist. I too remember reading Red's articles in the Gazette all those years ago long before the internet and the ability to watch as many games as you feel nowadays. I left TMR in 1985 but used to see him around on the odd occasion.

RIP, Red. Forever part of Habs history. Sorry, the history of the Canadiens.

I always enjoyed his honest thoughtful commentary.... one of the best reporters to cover the Canadiens and sports in general ... condolences to his family

didnt always agree with him but always loved his passion. 

17 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Red Fisher, the chronicler and the conscience of Montreal hockey whose career touched seven decades, died on Friday at age 91.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/montreal-loses-a-hockey-legend-as-red-fisher-dies-at-age-91?fbclid=IwAR0BzCOuJcPWWEBFzxXMuCLq_TJ5uzy7sVUCYmfKZXGQdjwI2jMFWcaJYok

It's a worthwhile read. 

I used to buy the Gazette all the time, and read his take on the Habs. His columns will be missed.

You do all know that Red Fisher died two years ago, right?

The article you linked to is old.

16 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

You know its funny, I thought to myself "didnt he already pass a couple of years ago?" but i find myself doing that a lot lately so i just assumed i was wrong. 

18 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

:5785:

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

You know its funny, I thought to myself "didnt he already pass a couple of years ago?" but i find myself doing that a lot lately so i just assumed i was wrong. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

:5785:

The good news for you, Kinot, is that you could post a link to an old story of a Canadiens hiring a coach and eventually it'd be right again some day!

21 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

It's a worthwhile read. 

0729-ctm-morodementiamedsqa-narula-19000

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

0729-ctm-morodementiamedsqa-narula-19000

Heck, that's nothin. You should see me when I go into the kitchen for something. :6351:

I thought I locked this thread two years ago.

12 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I thought I locked this thread two years ago.

Your memory going too? :frech1:

Edited by kinot-2

OK kinot,,,,, i'll put you out of your misery and lock this thread once again. Don't start another one.:frech1: