Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

ALL STAR game

28 posts in this topic

Anybody going to watch any of this??

As for me,,,, depends on what's on, or what i have taped. :lol:

Haven't watched an ASG in years, maybe even a decade. I doubt that's going to change this year, the skills competition can be fun though.

I'll watch some of the skills competition, and the women's 3 on 3, Canada VS the U.S.A. As for the ASG, meh. 

Nope it is a silly waste of time. never liked it.

I used to watch it when I was younger but it is really just a farce on ice. No real hockey involved. If it was back to the old 5 on 5 format where skilled guys actually played with passion then yeah I would watch but the guys play lazy neither team trying or with emotion it's boring. The skills I do like to watch though.

13 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I used to watch it when I was younger but it is really just a farce on ice. No real hockey involved. If it was back to the old 5 on 5 format where skilled guys actually played with passion then yeah I would watch but the guys play lazy neither team trying or with emotion it's boring. The skills I do like to watch though.

I remember one time when Jeremy Roenick was at the ASG, and he threw a hit, just a medium one, and the announcers were all over it. 

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

Haven't watched an ASG in years, maybe even a decade. I doubt that's going to change this year, the skills competition can be fun though.

Same.  Last one i remember featured Vincent Damphousse winning a car!

I now see this as something more for the kids to watch and have fun with. It's not a real game has no impact so I thinks it's absolutely stupid that any player gets suspended for not attending.

Not watching if John Scott isn't there. 

17 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Not watching if John Scott isn't there. 

:4224:, I think that's the last time I watched the ASG.

ASG is a complete waste of time, used to watch the skills competition but even that has become a joke.  I would prefer them to play an actual game where winning actually ment something.  Say like baseball where winning team got home ice advantage for the Stanley cup.  In it's current form I think I would rather watch soaps with my wife :)

It is all about marketing the game I assume... and making money while supposedly highlighting the league's talent... I'll watch only if I have nothing better to do

On 1/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, H_T_L said:

Anybody going to watch any of this??

As for me,,,, depends on what's on, or what i have taped. :lol:

If I wanted to watch a game where both teams just traded chances and no one played defence, I would just tune in to a regular Habs game. At least hey count for something in the standings!

Even though I probably wont watch thought it would be fun to predict the winners from each catagory

Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater - McDavid

Bud Light NHL Save Streak - Hellebuyck

Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting - Huberdeau

Enterprise NHL Hardest Shot - Weber (2nd pick would be hedman)

Gatorade NHL Shooting Stars -  This is a tough one as it has never been done before and no-one would have practiced it like ever but I am going with Kane he has enough skill to pull it off.

Weber wins the hardest shot at        106.5 mph 

31 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Weber wins the hardest shot at        106.5 mph 

The women's game was interesting. 

13 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The women's game was interesting. 

It was. Liked the speed of the game and that Canada won lol.

Saw an interesting proposal today in an article on how to make the all start game more interesting. The proposal was an over and back rule like that in basketball. Only the rule would be no intentional passes outside of the offensive zone to regroup. The penalty I would impose would be the same as icing now you have to start in your own zone, can't change and the other team chooses which side the face off is on. This should actually apply to the regular season OT as well.

The shooting star was interesting as well thought the targets were kind of big when I first saw it but they turned out to be perfect sizes

Edited by campabee82

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

It was. Liked the speed of the game and that Canada won lol.

Saw an interesting proposal today in an article on how to make the all start game more interesting. The proposal was an over and back rule like that in basketball. Only the rule would be no intentional passes outside of the offensive zone to regroup. The penalty I would impose would be the same as icing now you have to start in your own zone, can't change and the other team chooses which side the face off is on. This should actually apply to the regular season OT as well.

The shooting star was interesting as well thought the targets were kind of big when I first saw it but they turned out to be perfect sizes

I really like this. The 3 on 3 now sometimes is actually boring. This would keep the game the way it should be. It's a gimmick anyway so why not. Or just let them play a regular OT. I actually think the 4 on 4 was better, because of the strategy used now in 3 on 3. 

17 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Watched a couple minutes of that. It's all I could take.:lol: What the hell was the purpose of all those targets on the ice when the only one they were shooting at was the 10 point net, of which they missed about 80% of the time? Pretty lame to me. Reinforces why most people pass on this tragedy on ice ( in this case it wasn't even on ice LOL)

Looking forward to this thing being over so we can watch hockey again.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Watched a couple minutes of that. It's all I could take.:lol: What the hell was the purpose of all those targets on the ice when the only one they were shooting at was the 10 point net, of which they missed about 80% of the time? Pretty lame to me. Reinforces why most people pass on this tragedy on ice ( in this case it wasn't even on ice LOL)

Looking forward to this thing being over so we can watch hockey again.

Like I said I didn't mind it but could have been better at least it shows how much skill is involved in shooting it's not just slap a puck and score and that isn't a knock on slap shots either lol

Edited by campabee82

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Like I said I didn't mind it but could have been better at least it shows how much skill is involved in shooting it's not just slap a puck and score and that isn't a knock on slap shots either lol

I think if they had been smart they would have picked fans to shoot at that thing and awarded them some signed memorabilia if they scored. I think that would have been entertaining.:lol:

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think if they had been smart they would have picked fans to shoot at that thing and awarded them some signed memorabilia if they scored. I think that would have been entertaining.:lol:

I just looked at the stats for all four teams, and there was only 1 hit thrown, and that was by Weber.  :4224:

10 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I just looked at the stats for all four teams, and there was only 1 hit thrown, and that was by Weber.  :4224:

I'm sure nobody cares. Without using goggle,,,, who knows which team won this thing last year?

Exactly

Was just channel hopping and saw some band playing at this event. Gotta love the language they were using in the lyrics. Did they ban little kids from this game?? Good PR move Bettman. :rolleyes: