kinot-2

Tue, Feb 18 7:30 PM ET Montreal vs Detroit FS-D, TSN2, RDS, TSN Radio

261 posts in this topic

So,,,, 3 more to tie our season losing streak X3. We can do it. Hell,,, we can beat it.

9 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

CJ looks like a man who knows he's going to be fired at the end of the season. He's acting like he's frustrated and out of answers.

he should be this many blown leads= coach issues! we have player issues too but come on!

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

OH MAN. I hope they bring up Alzner!

Why stop at Alzner ... call up Hudon, Peca, Kinkaid ... if you're going to stink it up, might as well just go full sewer

Just now, H_T_L said:

So,,,, 3 more to tie our season losing streak X3. We can do it. Hell,,, we can beat it.

Let's go for the team record. We need 13 straight losses to be the best at being the worst.

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

If I were Molson, I'd fire Bergevin tonight.

Ditto!

Just now, HabsAlways said:

Why stop at Alzner ... call up Hudon, Peca, Kinkaid ... if you're going to stink it up, might as well just go full sewer

I want Kinkaid backed up by Niemi. Can we make that happen???

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

4 years ago

He should have been fired the moment he proposed trading Subban for Weber. Regardless of whether you think we won or lost that trade, the very fact that he acquired an older player with less skill, less good stats, and on a worse contract straight up and that he did it for character tells you everything you need to know about Bergevin's vision and ability to evaluate talent. It's been downhill from there in terms of team performance. For all Bergevin's talk about how Subban was a cancer in the room, we seem to have done worse since he left despite all the grit Bergevin says he brought in. Dwight King and Steve Ott didn't help. Thompson and Byron and Weise and Weal and Cousins and Murray and Bouillon and so on haven't helped.

We haven't found a 1C. We haven't found a top-pairing LHD. We haven't found an elite scoring winger. We haven't found a back-up goalie. Despite all the tinkering, MB has failed at all the most important parts of fixing this team.

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I want Kinkaid backed up by Niemi. Can we make that happen???

Sure, also throw Abischer in the mix.

7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

this

7 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

OMG I used to get mad & or sad now I’m just indifferent.

The comeback was fully expected and it happened.

and this

3 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

IMO, Hudon is better than half the forwards on this team. He's lighting it up in the AHL again. The problem here is he's never had the confidence of the coach. You come up and play 4th line minutes and get benched for every mistake you make, and yeah, you're going to suck.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

IMO, Hudon is better than half the forwards on this team. He's lighting it up in the AHL again. The problem here is he's never had the confidence of the coach. You come up and play 4th line minutes and get benched for every mistake you make, and yeah, you're going to suck.

I don't think his game/talent/vision translates to the NHL level to be honest ... but yeah, he's probably better than Weal/Cousins/Weise

Edited by HabsAlways

8 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

should have been gone same time as MT

I've watched some bad seasons of Montreal hockey, but this might be the one that has made me laugh the most. Small victories!

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

I've watched some bad seasons of Montreal hockey, but this might be the one that has made me laugh the most. Small victories!

I just knew we’d lose.

Oh! The inhumanity! :4224::4224::4224:

FWIW, the ruins are 1-3 against the wings.

On Monday Feb 24th I am hoping to see #31 traded to a team that he can have a chance at Mr. Stanley. The Habs are brutal! Eight point lost to the last place team in the league...Really???

Bergevin & Julien need to go along with all of the three statues behind the bench. If we are going to do this right let's not try to rebuild the team using the same old duds behind the bench. Hello Mr Molson are you home??? It's time to pull the plug on this very dirty bath water. Let's refill the tub with clean water and get ready for the 2024 run to the cup. This team is an embarrassment to the uniform!!!

My son is at school in TN so as a habs fan being born and raised in MTL. i bought tickets for the april game against the preds. I now live in Atlanta. Its a 4 hour drive to Nashville. I have been buying tickets to that game and driving to Nashville for the last 3 years. What a waste of money! I will no longer support this team financially in any way. Be it tickets, swag, or anything else. I am fed up with MB mediocrity. Is he cleaning house or isnt he? Is he just tweaking or isnt he? He dumps Scandella but keeps Weber? If he is in dumping mode dump the old and injury prone Weber. Weber has shown that he is quite disposable. Dump drouin too for that matter. Clean house. Do it like you mean it. To lose all 4 meetings with detroit a team that is actually rebuilding just proves that MB is just guessing at this. This team needs an owner who is committed to winning. Molson is preoccupied with building his "entertainment empire". He is perfecrly happy with the habs rebuilding for the next 1-8 years as he said at the beginning of the season. Seems we will be stuck with this sub par team for the forseeable future. I am sick and tired of the crap that is being served up as the MTL Habs. This storied franchise has become the laughing stock of this league. MB now thinks he knows how to rebuild. Getting a million draft picks is no guarantee of success. He may have ruined KK by playing him too soon and burning the kid out. If Price ever wants to win a cup he should demand a trade. As it stands now the Habs are less likely to win a cup in the next 5 years than Seattle. 

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

FWIW, the ruins are 1-3 against the wings.

The difference is we needed those eight points.

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

The difference is we needed those eight points.

That would put us with the same PTs. as TO, although the would have the more ROWs.

Finding ways to lose, brilliant :lol:

This team man...

2 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Finding ways to lose, brilliant :lol:

This team man...

Ya, after awhile, you just have to laugh at the ineptitude. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, after awhile, you just have to laugh at the ineptitude. 

We seem to have absolutely zero margin for error. The way this team is built, we can't make any mistakes at all to be competitive and win games, which just isn't realistic or sustainable. Nobody on this roster is going to take over a game, nobody can single-handedly be a difference maker and decide the outcome of a game. The only guy who might be able to do that in isolation is Carey, but you can't expect him to for 60+ games per season.