Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

How Long Are You Prepared To Wait?

How long will you wait??   22 members have voted

  1. 1. How long are you prepared to wait before giving up on your Habs?

    • 1 to 2 years
    • 3 to 4 years
      0
    • 5 years or more
    • Already given up on this team until they fire MB
    • I'll never give up on them, no matter what
    • It's all kinot's fault.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

OK, so we now know that MB has no plan for the future. Because of that, I am wondering "How long do I wait to the promised land (the ECFs)". 

Because I am old, and have witnessed numerous Habs SCs, I would love to see one more, but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

So, my question to you is,,,,, how long will you wait, before you with give up on the Habs?

2-3 Years?

3-5 years

5-7 years? 

 Heck, I tried to put up a poll, but this is what I got. 

"Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again."

WTH is a "value"? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

OK, so we now know that MB has no plan for the future. Because of that, I am wondering "How long do I wait to the promised land (the ECFs)". 

Because I am old, and have witnessed numerous Habs SCs, I would love to see one more, but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

So, my question to you is,,,,, how long will you wait, before you with give up on the Habs?

2-3 Years?

3-5 years

5-7 years? 

 Heck, I tried to put up a poll, but this is what I got. 

"Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again."

WTH is a "value"? 

 

Must i do everything for you??:frech1:

Here's your tutorial,,,,

Click on poll ( not content),,,  then describe it in the blank box

Click on add a question and enter your question in the blank box ( similar to your poll description)

Enter your choices in the boxes provided. If you need more you click on "add choice"

Check the "Make voter names public" box before submitting

You can practice on your next GDT.:lol:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite sure what the poll is asking (what does "giving up" on the Habs mean?), but... I'll probably keep watching and supporting the team in some capacity until I'm too old to care. I don't spend on money on the organization anymore (haven't for years), but that could easily change if they started heading in the right direction. No point in visiting Montreal and spending a bunch of money to go see a game if I have little confidence in their ability to win.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Not quite sure what the poll is asking (what does "giving up" on the Habs mean?), but... I'll probably keep watching and supporting the team in some capacity until I'm too old to care. I don't spend on money on the organization anymore (haven't for years), but that could easily change if they started heading in the right direction. No point in visiting Montreal and spending a bunch of money to go see a game if I have little confidence in their ability to win.

This.

I dont own the team, I live on the other side of the country so i dont go to games - but the Habs are my team. Im not dumping them in favour of some other franchise. For better or for worse they are the team I will support, until I am gone, or I stop watching hockey (presumably simultaneously).
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am supporting this team by withholding financial support to force out MB. Besides with all the cap room and new VIP seating ($19k a pop with a minimum of 4 tickets for one game). Seems like ownership thinks all is well and the fans will come no matter how bad the team is managed. It’s not on the players. They do their best but MB has no vision! No plan, no idea what he’s doing. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not live close to Montreal, but will go to a game every time I visit there. Just went to the Dallas game and well left very disappointed. Still a great experience  to see them live. 

Will also be a Montreal fan for the rest of my days. Those thoughts will never enter my mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this poll a multiple choice one in case anybody wants a second option.:lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reserve the right to ***** and complain about how the team is run, but i've been a die hard fan all my life and will never give up on the boys. It's not their fault the guy at the top has no balls.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I reserve the right to ***** and complain about how the team is run, but i've been a die hard fan all my life and will never give up on the boys. It's not their fault the guy at the top has no balls.

Me too!!!!!! I'm only going to live so long so they better git 'er done!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind waiting as long as the team has a sense of direction,and right now the Habs front office has no direct sense of direction.  We constantly trade or sign 4th line plugs that are just place fillers.  We could have and should have unloaded either Tatar or Petry perhaps both.  The offer sheet in the pre season was a joke, 6 mil per year is totally ridiculous, especially when the team was sitting on so much access cap.  If MB is the GM next year I know I for one will not watch or attend a single game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I made this poll a multiple choice one in case anybody wants a second option.:lol:

clearly the last option is best. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Must i do everything for you??:frech1:

Here's your tutorial,,,,

Click on poll ( not content),,,  then describe it in the blank box

Click on add a question and enter your question in the blank box ( similar to your poll description)

Enter your choices in the boxes provided. If you need more you click on "add choice"

Check the "Make voter names public" box before submitting

You can practice on your next GDT.:lol:

 

 

I have a better idea. I won't try to put up any more polls, but if someone (you for example :rolleyes: ) wants to include a poll in my GDTs, then that someone can. Win-win. :freu1:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

I have a better idea. I won't try to put up any more polls, but if someone (you for example :rolleyes: ) wants to include a poll in my GDTs, then that someone can. Win-win. :freu1:

Or you can follow those step by step easy directions i just wrote out for you.:frech1: Seriously though,,, if you want one and can't figure it out,,,PM me your poll.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Or you can follow those step by step easy directions i just wrote out for you.:frech1: Seriously though,,, if you want one and can't figure it out,,,PM me your poll.

I'll give it one more shot, and hope that it works. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted “never give up”, but in all honesty, I already walked away from the team back in 95. Habs were my team because it was Roy’s team, first. After that debacle (shameful), I followed Roy to Colorado. It wasn’t until he retired that I started following the Habs again. I think the Habs were always my team, but my loyalty to my favourite player was stronger than it was for the team. But once he was gone, my interest naturally shifted back towards Montreal. I’ll probably always have a soft spot for Colorado, but Montreal will forever be the team I follow, regardless of how frustrated they make me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

obviously im still on here talking habs with you guys , I'll always follow the team, but I probably watched a single digit amount of games this year and I pay for the stupid streaming service. For the longest time I was going out of my way to see every single game and if I missed it I would watch it back later (since they invented gamecentre live at least)

To be honest, I found that its gotten to a point where I just want them to lose every single game so bergevin gets fired and they blow this thing up, and that is just too messed up for me.

We have some decent prospects, and if they can turn into real players I am ready to jump on the bandwagon with both feet, but I am just not excited whatsoever by a handful of B level players and a bunch of plugs, especially when I have this doorknob GM making it worse by telling me this is good and everything is going great, like coming in 8th is our cup. I swear if we squeak in next year we should raise a bergy banner to the rafters. we did it!

so how long can I wait? I have been waiting since they traded my 2 favourite habs eller and subban, I waited when we punked my 3rd and 4th favourite habs markov and radulov, and after that year we didnt replace them and bombed, I was like oh my god what is going on here and it hasnt been the same since then.

I'll be on here chopping it up with you guys, I'll be all over who our prospects are, trade ideas, line ideas, I will always be a junkie for this team, but I am at my rock bottom of indifference right now for my life.  So basically the answer is I'll wait forever, but as much as they could have lost me, they already lost me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, maas_art said:

.... the Habs are my team. Im not dumping them in favour of some other franchise. For better or for worse they are the team I will support,

Yup .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jeff33 said:

\To be honest, I found that its gotten to a point where I just want them to lose every single game so bergevin gets fired and they blow this thing up, and that is just too messed up for me.\

I think a lot of us feel this way & thats sort of the antithesis of being a fan, so it shows what a sad state Habs hockey is in.

The worst part is that im not convinced MB will lose his job, even if we lose every single game for the rest of the year!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think a lot of us feel this way & thats sort of the antithesis of being a fan, so it shows what a sad state Habs hockey is in.

The worst part is that im not convinced MB will lose his job, even if we lose every single game for the rest of the year!

thats exactly what Im saying, like I can't believe Im sitting here wishing we lose. Its not intentional, I just knew this year unless we absolutely bombed he would not get fired. well we didnt actually do much better and he was up there without a care in the world talking about the core this and building through the draft that, as if it's all going according to plan and I knew this guys job is 100 million % safe. Like I said, my only hope left is that some of these kids just bust right out because otherwise the plan is very clearly to hang onto the decent players we have, which have self evidently showed they just don't have the horses to get over the hump.  

Basically, we won't sacrifice the future to win now, and we won't sacrifice the chance to win now so we can win later. soooooo....when do we win? we are literally praying for miracles, thats the bergeplan. guys just do better than they have ever done in their career, mid level prospects take huge steps forward, no one gets hurt.....how is this a plan!?

Im not johnny come lately either, im almost 38 guys lol. The habs have been my team since I was 6 years old. This organization has put me through some hard times, but you know like even bob gainey creating the midget team...he went for it. We even had some playoff runs. This is blatant, in your face shooting for nothing and lying about it. 

Look, I don't think this team is good as is. but if bergy, in all sincerity, thought it was and made a move or two to go for it, I could respect that. pick a lane. just dont try to tell me a team that has 2 playoff wins in 5 years is just fine and we don't need to do anything one way or the other. you are telling me im an idiot and as a fan I feel completely disrespected

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.