Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Thu, Feb 27 7:00 PM ET New York Rangers vs Montreal TSN2, RDS, MSG 2, TSN 690 Radio

134 posts in this topic

"we're on the right track"

:4224:

3 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

"we're on the right track"

So ... last I saw it was 2-1 ... had to step out to store for wife, come back and umm we lost 5-2? 

18 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Have we played for 60 minutes even once this season?

Yes, but not on the ice ...  

had to watch the game on MSN....the rags commentator just asked " did the habs give up ? ":6188:

10 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

had to watch the game on MSN....the rags commentator just asked " did the habs give up ? ":6188:

Nope pretty much the script all year we get a 2 or 3 goal lead and CJ's defensive mind kicks in and starts making the guys try to hold the lead instead of keeping up tge pressure wave after wave the we we are built. CJ this is not a get a lead and hold it team they have to constantly be on the attack. We did well at the beginning of the year cause CJ had 4 lines all capable of scoring and we never let the pressure off the other team. Once CJ started inserting Cousins, Weal, Weise and so on in the lineup we started to stink coincidence I think not. CJ has always been the problem not the lack of a gamebreaker although that would help eliviate some of the bad coaching. When we have 4 attacking lines we start the season what was it like 11-5-3 when CJ sees an opportunity to insert a checking line we drop 8 straight twice

Edited by campabee82

Pathetic AND Painful to Watch. Next year. I though only LEAF NATION  said this. Bring in Bob Gainey as GM and Ted Nolan as Head Coach. I'm  sure Nolan can learn French but who cares if he cant speak French, he is a proven winner, no matter where and level he has coached. With the current Clowns we have running the Canadiens they are Hapless now and in the foreseeable future.   

12 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

I don't think the Habs gave up at all. They've played hard most of the season. They're just not a very talented team. They have zero elite forwards, which is not to say that guys like Gallagher and Tatar aren't great players or that Suzuki or Kotkaniemi can't be elite one day, but I don't see a top 30 forward on this team. Likewise, we don't have the players on D. I don't even think we have a top 4 left-handed defenceman. Our best players are largely past their primes, even if they're still good, but they're not getting younger or better. And guys like Price and Weber and Petry can't hold up playing the ice time and roles they've been given. You just can't get by playing Weber and Petry 26+ minutes a night and then depending on Kulak and Chiarot and Folin and Mete and Scandella and Alzner to fill the holes. You can't depend on Cousins and Armia and Weal to generate offence on the PP. You can't play season after season with minor-league talent for your back-up goalie and then drive Price in to the ground. And when you lack a game-breaker to be able to put the team on their back, the end result is that you have a team with fragile confidence.

Tonight, the Habs got off to a great start, but they gave up a Rangers goal at the end of a period that cut the lead to one goal, and suddenly everyone panicked a little more that the team was no longer in control of the game. You don't want to be the next guy to make the mistake that costs you the tying goal. You're wondering who is going to make the big play for you to put you back in control. Not to harp on this too much because sometimes he tried to do too much, but Subban was a guy who would put the team on his back when the team got down. He would carry the puck and try to rah-rah the energy back up and make a big hit or so on. Kovalev and Koivu were also guys who you felt could get the job done and make something happen, or Mark Recchi or Vincent Damphousse or Guy Lafleur or so on. As good as Gallagher or Weber or Petry are, you just don't get the feeling they're putting the team on their backs and willing them back to victory.

Bergevin somewhat touched on this in his press conference when he said this team's leadership group is inconsistent and buckles under the pressure of playing at home. But at the end of the day, I just get the feeling like the leadership group isn't good enough and that no matter how much grit or character or intangibles they have, they don't have the skill and ability to take over games when it matters. A lot of that is on Bergevin for not building this roster very well, but all the more reason why we need to focus on future assets and trying to get more first-round picks and stop pretending this team is going to suddenly be a contender with the same core that's failed year after year.