Habs_Hockey_Nutz

RECORD: Home vs. Away... what's that about?

8 posts in this topic

HOME: 14 wins -16 losses - overtime losses 6           Minus 38 possible points

AWAY: 17 wins -12 losses - overtime losses 3             Minus 27 possible points

So to date the Habs lost 11 more points at home... why is that? If both records were the same they would have 82 points in the standings and likely to make the playoffs. Is this actually the greatest reason for their collective downfall as a team?

So... why do you think this has happened? GM? Coaching? Players? Injuries? Other?

My take... the pressure on coaching staff and players is greater at home IMHO. That, said... over-coaching and over-thinking by both players and coaches could be the poison in the pudding. What say you?

Pretending to be MB - "We have more road games left than home games  so there's a good chance for us to sneak into the playoffs still ."

Reality is actually to move up to ninth or tenth & miss out on a better draft chance. #can'tcatchabreak

17 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Pretending to be MB - "We have more road games left than home games  so there's a good chance for us to sneak into the playoffs still ."

Reality is actually to move up to ninth or tenth & miss out on a better draft chance. #can'tcatchabreak

I've kind of accepted that we'll probably finish in a middling position (i.e. out of the playoffs, minimal chance to win the lottery), but... that's okay. We'll still have a small chance to move up. I think that's the best we can hope for right now. It's not a very optimistic viewpoint, but... unfortunately, that's what the team has come to. I just hope Bergevin can actually improve our D next season and we can be more competitive.

Still waiting for comments as to why you think the home record is not as good as the away record.... ???

53 minutes ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Still waiting for comments as to why you think the home record is not as good as the away record.... ???

I don't know. :P

22 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

HOME: 14 wins -16 losses - overtime losses 6           Minus 38 possible points

AWAY: 17 wins -12 losses - overtime losses 3             Minus 27 possible points

So to date the Habs lost 11 more points at home... why is that? If both records were the same they would have 82 points in the standings and likely to make the playoffs. Is this actually the greatest reason for their collective downfall as a team?

So... why do you think this has happened? GM? Coaching? Players? Injuries? Other?

My take... the pressure on coaching staff and players is greater at home IMHO. That, said... over-coaching and over-thinking by both players and coaches could be the poison in the pudding. What say you?

I think it's easier to play a game where you pay attention to defense and detail more easier on the road. It's to easy to want to "entertain" the crowd at home and usually home fans don't want to watch a less entertaining game. 

7 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I think it's easier to play a game where you pay attention to defense and detail more easier on the road. It's to easy to want to "entertain" the crowd at home and usually home fans don't want to watch a less entertaining game. 

I agree with this. One thing I find that could be attributed to coaching decisions, is the fact that at home the Habs get the last change (which is supposed to represent an advantage) and yet it hasn't seemed to help as much as it may have in the past.