habsisme

Playoff Chances

29 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

There's a huge difference between playing the lottery ... and a sports team who is failing to qualify for the post season.    When you buy a lottery ticket you know full well that it's purely luck.     Holding out hope that a team playing bad and poorly constructed will somehow miraculously win 12 out of 14 games (what they needed when this post was made) is ignoring the facts.

Hope is a personal thing no different than praying which people do all the time for a variety of things. No different than wishing for a certain outcome. Why is it when it has to do with sports others actually care if someone else doesn't give up hope.  

Just now, CaptWelly said:

Hope is a personal thing no different than praying which people do all the time for a variety of things. No different than wishing for a certain outcome. Why is it when it has to do with sports others actually care if someone else doesn't give up hope.  

I have no issue with someone praying and hoping they win the lottery, a purely random act.   Ignoring the standings, how bad this team is etc is just frustrating.    As long as we have a multitude of fans who display the same asinine opinion that Bergevin does ("All you need to do is make the playoffs") this team is destined for another few decades of futility to match the past 27 years.     We as fans should not be content at "just squeeking in" and to hold out hope we will when this season has been the farce that it has simply reinforces to the teams management that they're doing good enough.     

I don't think cheering on your team is agreeing with MB. 

But I actually do agree with him. If it was as simple playing bad for a couple of years and then getting good players, then everyone would do it. See Buffalo and Edmonton and Toronto. They're not the Penguins or the Hawks 

3 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I have no issue with someone praying and hoping they win the lottery, a purely random act.   Ignoring the standings, how bad this team is etc is just frustrating.    As long as we have a multitude of fans who display the same asinine opinion that Bergevin does ("All you need to do is make the playoffs") this team is destined for another few decades of futility to match the past 27 years.     We as fans should not be content at "just squeeking in" and to hold out hope we will when this season has been the farce that it has simply reinforces to the teams management that they're doing good enough.     

No chance coach is lost in the past and plays his unskilled favorites. the Gm is a waste of time.