claremont

Offer Sheet - July 1,2020

29 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I also would like to see us make a move on Krug. But I also do think he most likely re-signs with Boston. Boston has a knack for keeping their players for less than the market price would suggest, and Boston is very good. They could make a legitimate run for the cup this year, and possibly for years to come. But Krug would definitely be a great addition to our blue line. What about Gryzlick (I probably misspelled that)? His numbers look... okay, what do you think his upside could be? I doubt he’s got the offence we’re looking for long term, but does he have enough to out produce Chairot? Chairot’s been okay, but I think he’d be better off on the second pairing.

I'm not interested in half measures for LD. Either we get the guy or we don't. From what I can tell its Krug as a UFA, Sergacev as an RFA or through trade, but I'm never sure who is actually available

9 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I also would like to see us make a move on Krug. But I also do think he most likely re-signs with Boston. Boston has a knack for keeping their players for less than the market price would suggest, and Boston is very good. They could make a legitimate run for the cup this year, and possibly for years to come. But Krug would definitely be a great addition to our blue line. What about Gryzlick (I probably misspelled that)? His numbers look... okay, what do you think his upside could be? I doubt he’s got the offence we’re looking for long term, but does he have enough to out produce Chairot? Chairot’s been okay, but I think he’d be better off on the second pairing.

Grzelcyk has talent - he's a terrific skater - but his size worries me. He's pint size for a defensman - even smaller than Mete...

He'll be a RFA this year i believe but he's a hometown boy i think? He played for Boston U also so Boston & the area is all he knows. I feel like if anyone would take a hometown discount it would be Grzelcyk

4 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I'm not interested in half measures for LD. Either we get the guy or we don't. From what I can tell its Krug as a UFA, Sergacev as an RFA or through trade, but I'm never sure who is actually available

If MB actually takes a risk, there's guys available.  I guarantee if he dangles Domi or Drouin or Tatar - or better still, one of them + Mete - he will get back a very good player from a team that needs forwards and can spare dmen (Minnesota maybe?)  I should point out, im suggesting Mete not because he's a bad player, but rather that he's young enough that a team may see him as offsetting the loss of the better defensman in the deal. 

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

If MB actually takes a risk, there's guys available.  I guarantee if he dangles Domi or Drouin or Tatar - or better still, one of them + Mete - he will get back a very good player from a team that needs forwards and can spare dmen (Minnesota maybe?)  I should point out, im suggesting Mete not because he's a bad player, but rather that he's young enough that a team may see him as offsetting the loss of the better defensman in the deal. 

I'd certainly move one of them, but it depends on what you're getting back. I'm also not sold that there are teams looking to move defenseman

I like MB (unlike everyone else on the forum) but he basically did everything wrong in 2017,  and Drouin for Sergachev was part of that unmitigated disaster